Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

he just becomes so much more animated when chatting about shaders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Jeff: Yo Brad. I'm ready to play this Destiny, you with me?
Brad: Motherfuckin' right, my inventory's kinda light... and I'm stressed, I can't decide which shader's best.
Jeff: No need for that, just get into combat, the first enemy that's splat, we get the loot that's fat.

Sir John Feelgood fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 28, 2017

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

LOL

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Made the mistake of watching Abbi play PT before bed. Pray for me friends, on I'm way to nightmare town.

jareth

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ah -- no UPF or Playdate because they're still doing the raid all day tomorrow.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Ah -- no UPF or Playdate because they're still doing the raid all day tomorrow.

imagine the alternate world where they streamed 15 hours of them playing old FMV games in a week. destiny is such a waste of so many peoples time, it’s monstrous

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wait what the gently caress, they didnt finish the raid?? That video is literally 8 hours long

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

also requesting the votes for this thread since i'm positive it's taken a dive from the brain damaged Other Forums guys

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wait what the gently caress, they didnt finish the raid?? That video is literally 8 hours long

They finished 1/4th of it apparently.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But after this bit — the remaining 60% of the raid, is absolutely the best part of the game. Without a doubt. Worth it.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i tuned in at like 3 hours, 4hrs, and 6hrs in, and all three times brad was insisting they were like 15 seconds from finishing whatever part they were in. lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You could play through Route B of Nier Automata in the time it took for them to do nothing in destiny 2. By the time this is done they could have all played the game through to E ending.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

How is this legal

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

You could play through Route B of Nier Automata in the time it took for them to do nothing in destiny 2. By the time this is done they could have all played the game through to E ending.

The combined amount of time they wasted on PUBG, Destiny, and DOTA this year is like 10 cycles of Persona 5

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

brad telling everyone they need to stay in communication this time and then putting the controller down to eat like 30 loving seconds later was extremely good content tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

God they really could. And all these destiny/PUBG videos are cross coast and have Jeff and Vinny in them so they could have done a P5 endurance run, they have the technology

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Most of GiantBomb has put more hours into this 1 raid then Nier/Persona/the first good Sonic game in 30 years/the first Metroid game in 15 years combined

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Is this worth watching?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Is this worth watching?

gently caress no

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

maybe try this instead https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/random-pc-game-ripper/2300-5665/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol. Random PC game is my favorite series they ever did

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

In Training posted:

Man listening to them talk about the raid as if determining the strategy to beat each encounter is the best way to play blows my loving mind. Like at this point MMOs have dungeon journals that literally tell you how to beat the encounters so that its on execution.

Of course their execution is garbage too...

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

God they really could. And all these destiny/PUBG videos are cross coast and have Jeff and Vinny in them so they could have done a P5 endurance run, they have the technology

im still a bit surprised they havent considered doing a p5 endurance run given the p4 one is like a GB milestone thing

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

They have also basically ignored FFXV entirely despite it being the series biggest launch. Tho I'd rather they just ignore it since I can't handle another circular conversation with Brad/Jeff complaining how "it's not a classic jrpg" while also ignoring Bravely Default which is exactly what they claim they want

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

They have also basically ignored FFXV entirely despite it being the series biggest launch. Tho I'd rather they just ignore it since I can't handle another circular conversation with Brad/Jeff complaining how "it's not a classic jrpg" while also ignoring Bravely Default which is exactly what they claim they want, whlie also ignoring those games.

They talked about Octopath Traveler...pretty sure Brad said "I downloaded the demo but haven't played it yet."

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Good. He would just find something arbitrary to focus his complaints on while dumping 500 hours into Gears of War 6

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

gently caress no

There's one part that you should watch and then turn off and that is the 6h 4 min mark when they beat the encounter and are rewarded with loot and unstoppable , infinite deaths.

Watch ragdoll corpses flying at the chest.

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory
Giant Bomb's success as a personality-driven video game website is based on videos of them having fun playing good video games, or them having fun making fun of bad video games. That's why videos of them spending an entire joke-devoid workday growing increasingly frustrated with Destiny 2 and each other makes so much sense.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
I didn't watch all seven painful hours of that video but I don't understand the rationale of bringing along a raid sherpa like Brad but not allowing him to provide any guidance until they are fed up and miserable. Watching and listening to people be miserable isn't cool or good or fun.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

If East had organised the stream I guarantee you they would have had Dan dressed as Carnac the Magnificent making people drink ranch soda before he would dispense guidance

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Most of GiantBomb has put more hours into this 1 raid then Nier/Persona/the first good Sonic game in 30 years/the first Metroid game in 15 years combined

getting into the busy time of year cant go back to play any of those games now oh man where did the time go

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i normally like goty podcasts but im dreading them this year

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

elf help book posted:

The last one I listened to at all had them all sniping at eachother and being really pissed off for like 3 hours at a time... Ever since I just haven't watched them at all. I've heard the East guys are doing some fun stuff so I'll probably try a premium trial for that, but as for West everything I've heard has just been terrible lately. I hope they get out of their rut but its been years now

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

West coast is super depressing but east coast is godlike content lately.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

elf help book posted:

i havent listened to them since destiny came out, as im sure they spend 3 hours arguing if its good or not.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok i take back all the hating they uploaded a 2.5 hour video of the snes classic and immediately Jeff is like "that sound effect sounds like the pitch is slightly off" this is the Good poo poo!!!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

One of the best parts of gameroom is Jeff immediately pointing out some obscure sound effect from long forgotten atari games is not right. Powerful rear end gamer ears

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i think hes done it on two different streams, maybe a gameroom and a home one, but my favorite jeff thing is that he can load up pitfall 2 and know exactly where to go to beat it in like 10 minutes off the top of his head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

In Training posted:

Ok i take back all the hating they uploaded a 2.5 hour video of the snes classic and immediately Jeff is like "that sound effect sounds like the pitch is slightly off" this is the Good poo poo!!!
there was a vid where he could tell SNES emulation wasnt right because the 3D triforce in link to the past's intro spun too fast