Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
That's what I'm getting out of this considering there's explicit instructions in the guide they link to in the e-mail about if you still wanna stream their games on YouTube. You can but the channel can't be a part of the program at the same time. They actually recommend starting a separate unaffiliated channel to stream with as one way around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Nintendo has heard your repeated cries for VC on Switch and now announces the planned phaseout of the wii shop.

https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/913649489319157761

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Phantasium posted:

Nintendo has heard your repeated cries for VC on Switch and now announces the planned phaseout of the wii shop.

https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/913649489319157761

On Feb 1st 2019 the Wii Shop Channel music will stricken from all available sources. Videos, downloads, etc. containing the theme will be taken down and it will be lost to history.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Having played an hour of golf story and an hour of Fifa I can say both games are excellent

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

[quote="“Nuts and Gum”" post="“476878619”"]
Is Golf Story a remake of an old classic or is this some new thing?
[/quote]

It's new. And good. You should get it if you want to spend a few hours chilling at a golf course. I love how laid back it is.

Completely agree about the speech bubbles. The little movements and animations convey so much more emotion than you'd normally get out of a 2d rpg like this.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Golf story very fun and good. The disc golf challenge was cool

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

For anyone who was thinking about getting FIFA 18 for Switch and maybe wanted to know how it fares in content compared to the PC/PS4/Xbox One versions out on the market, US Gamer has an article detailing the content missing from the Switch version.

Tl;dr: FIFA 18 for Switch is basically FIFA 16.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Granite Octopus posted:

It's new. And good. You should get it if you want to spend a few hours chilling at a golf course. I love how laid back it is.

Completely agree about the speech bubbles.

Yeah, the speech bubbles give a very Mario & Luigi vibe by boogity

And if you thought the first area's music was great, wait until you hit the second one.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

On Feb 1st 2019 the Wii Shop Channel music will stricken from all available sources. Videos, downloads, etc. containing the theme will be taken down and it will be lost to history.

https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/849686457832943619

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Policenaut posted:

For anyone who was thinking about getting FIFA 18 for Switch and maybe wanted to know how it fares in content compared to the PC/PS4/Xbox One versions out on the market, US Gamer has an article detailing the content missing from the Switch version.

Tl;dr: FIFA 18 for Switch is basically FIFA 16.

Which is so much more than I hoped.

Very happy with my purchase. Especially with price matching to bring the price down.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/913408935377248256

Software is selling at record levels because the Switch has no games

iwata golf blessing. :unsmith:

""Playing Golf on the day he died
Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside
A perfect device took his place, and bravely cried
(I’m a Nintendo Switch, I’m a Nintendo Switch)

So many times he was blessed with a birdie
So many software sales putting through the gales
He blessed sacred ground, became a perfect crown
(I’m a Nintendo Switch, I’m a Nintendo Switch, I’m not a Vita)""

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Sep 29, 2017

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

it will still run forever on dolphin. i got my NAND dumped and have all my poo poo i bought saved onto dolphin. will miss the mario download animation but its so hilariously fast on dolphin that he doesnt even get the first block before the download is finished.

that said, you have to wonder if it is the vc coming to the switch after all or the fact that the dolphin started to gently caress up all the regional settings on real wii's shop channels.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Golf Story is... ok

I dunno, I've had it two days now and I'm kinda bored with it already.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Fun Times! posted:

I think power lowering other stats is to prevent spamming power. From what I understand it is one of the most useful stats. The others give you more leeway for loving up shots but if you can nail shots then power is best, I think?

Was able to play for a couple hours tonight, beat all the side objectives in the first place that I could and took on the course. I'm sucked in.
The way leveling and stat progression works is actually rather interesting. You're given the option of just boosting power with the detriment of being able to make more finely tuned shots. If you hit power too much to the point that you can't handle proper shots anymore, you are free to lower the points in power in order to re-distribute to the other stats that help make your shots more accurate. However, you cannot lower the points in the other stats as a means of free redistribution. In other words, you're given the ability to make the game harder on yourself but you can ease it back once you realize you can't handle it anymore. This does lead to the possibility of pumping too much into the extra stats instead of power and completely ruining your whole game so it's not easy mode but it's also not above giving you a way of fixing an early mistake. It's neat!

Frankston posted:

Golf Story is... ok

I feel like chill games like Golf Story aren't meant to be binged. In the same way Mario and Rabbids isn't very good if you binge it or Stardew Valley. Too much chill eventually just leads to boredom. Intersperse your play!

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Sep 29, 2017

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
NEW THREAD RULE:

"X when" posts are now verboten. Please report them and watch the probations fly! I think that particular 'joke' has now been run into the ground like a GBS 'cuck' meme.

Thank you all very much!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No. Thank YOU very much

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

VideoGames posted:

NEW THREAD RULE:

"X when" posts are now verboten. Please report them and watch the probations fly! I think that particular 'joke' has now been run into the ground like a GBS 'cuck' meme.

Thank you all very much!

Hooray for video games!

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
How long until the esteemed doctor breaks this new rule, I wonder?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't know but if he just checks the last page of the thread then maybe he won't see it if people post enough.

I just got golf story last night and it is really nice. Went through the first course so far. Chipping in shots is kind of ridiculously easy thanks to precision mode. I'm better at coping in from rough than putting.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Chipping in shots is kind of ridiculously easy thanks to precision mode. I'm better at coping in from rough than putting.

This is my experience, too. I've come across a putter that will probably help my terrible short game but it's hands down the most expensive item in the game so far so I haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

VideoGames posted:

NEW THREAD RULE:

Thank you all very much!

I knew you’d come through someday, big fellow.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

new thread rule: Stop hyping up trash

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No ones been hyping up your posts

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Wow

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

StabMasterArson posted:

you should play golf story, it's good and will improve your mood

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Picross is fun but I feel there is a lot of overlap to the puzzles from Picross DS.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

StabMasterArson posted:

Sakurazuka posted:

No ones been hyping up your posts

Already the chill vibe has been ruined, smh

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

StabMasterArson posted:

fuckin lame. isaac for £35 can get hosed

StabMasterArson posted:

i hope they announce some drat games for this dustslab :shepspends:

StabMasterArson posted:

DOOM on thumbsticks is adorable

StabMasterArson posted:

the entire switch library is paying a premium for the fact youre playing on a Nintendo system.
In related news Im not buying a drat thing til Mario cos holy poo poo its easy to get burnt on the eshop

Why so glum chum.

Do you wanna talk about some things

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

[quote="“Zelder”" post="“476882889”"]
Why so glum chum.

Do you wanna talk about some things
[/quote]

i bought a switch and feel like a writing desk, for buying the switch.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 29, 2017

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

im just gonna stop posting

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

thats how i feel between splatfests until i remember i have slime san and golf story to blast as well

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

i bought a switch and feel like a retard, for buying the switch.

maybe you should sell your switch, it clearly causes you psychic pain

StabMasterArson posted:

im just gonna stop posting

i hope you find what you're looking for in life, my friend

don't brosephine yourself

Zelder fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 29, 2017

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

StabMasterArson posted:

i bought a switch and feel like a retard, for buying the switch.

I bought the switch and I feel alright, maybe you're getting that vibe about yourself because of other unrelated things?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Harlock posted:

Picross is fun but I feel there is a lot of overlap to the puzzles from Picross DS.

I wouldn't be surprised, but it's been so many years since I played that I probably wouldn't notice either

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

holy poo poo how do u best Mario Rabbids 4-3¿?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Which one is that? I golded them all except the last boss

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Picross S is good, but after about 10 puzzles I turned off the BGM and just played my own. None of the 3 tracks are very good.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I really love my switch. Yesterday I took advantage of cheap PuyoPuyo and goodness. On the easiest difficult (I assume, I was mild and the CPU was spicy) it trashed me. Holy moly.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Frankston posted:

Golf Story is... ok

I tried to re-play Earthbound because of my childhood and at some point I noticed I basically was forcing myself to keep playing. Golf Story looks like Earthbound and so I feel played out on the genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The only thing that bums me out about he switch is how bad social elements are integrated, including inviting friends to play games; sending messages, etc. Not sure their online functionality announcement will fix all of those issues because it's just a total mess but here's hoping

• Locked thread