Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

What's the story with the cook book?

Long story short, the First cookbook was good, he took preorders for a 2nd cookbook, and for whatever reason, never happened.
Onstad went quiet, not much happened with the strip for a long time. Onstad wouldn't address that he took money and never delivered.
He finally said that he was going to make things right years later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

What's the story with the cook book?

They were not delivered.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I have bashed him for it a million times, if he is making right good on him.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

p. sure notoriously bad racist shitposter Darth Windu was making that up

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Did he make it right

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Did he make it right

Arrested Development narrator: "He did not make it right."

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Stumbled across one of those random panels that explains the human condition about as well as anything ever has

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Stumbled across one of those random panels that explains the human condition about as well as anything ever has

That last panel is loving amazing.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
The panel with Teodor lying silently in bed realising what a fuckup he is gets me every time

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I have done this to myself twice somehow.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pastry of the Year posted:

I have done this to myself twice somehow.

:hfive:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'm not entirely certain Onstad isn't writing wikipedia pages for literal rodeo bulls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodacious_(bull)

quote:

Bodacious was dubbed "The World's Most Dangerous Bull" due to his habit of jerking guys down and then head butting them.[1] Many cowboys tried to ride Bodacious in his career. And many of the ones who did attempt a ride fell victim to his head butt and no longer had the face God gave them. Unfortunately, statistics were not as well maintained at that time. Generally, records show that Bodacious was attempted more than 130 times. Some say 8 and others say 10 times did he give up a qualified ride.

quote:

The first man known to own Bodacious was Bill McCann.[5] He would always laugh when he recalled how he sold the most famous bull in bull riding history for pennies on the pound. McCann was in the business of buying calves from Merrick Ranch. He and his co-owner, Bill, owned Geary Livestock Auction. They would buy from Merrick and then sell from the auction. Merrick Ranch was well known for its high value Simbray bulls and the robust calves they produced. When he and Bill got the call that there were 300 head available for purchase, they reacted swiftly. It was steer cutting time. McCann loaded his trailer up and drove to Oklahoma's Arbuckle Mountains. Bill culled about 16 of the fattest Merrick bull calves. His buyers wanted smaller calves, that, when castrated, would not drop a lot of weight. Plus, he liked their looks. These were eye pleasing cattle with gray-blues, creams, and one yellow. His buyers would want these calves. Well, those were good days; now the Merrick Ranch is no longer in existence.[5]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus, yeah I can see that showing up in a comic fairly easily.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

quote:

Unfortunately for Tuff, he would go for another attempt that resulted in a buckoff that culminated in the worst wreck on Bodacious in history. It required severe facial reconstruction surgery. After Hedeman and another rider, Scott Breding, suffered traumatic facial injuries, Bodacious was retired for being "too dangerous."
It's like a mix of Ray ripping off half of Cody Travis's face during the GOF and Lyle's girlfriend getting her neck snapped by his Baja, leaving seven of her teeth stuck in the steerin' wheel. Lyle even says "it was like a goddamn close-cab mechanical bull."

Life imitates art.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
does anyone else remember Achewood, the webcomic about a cat who told his friends about boning things?

Mr. Bill
Jan 18, 2007
Bourgeoisie Pig
Sounds dumb, got anything about going to hell and meeting Robert Johnson?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Roast Beef you are totally a dude of much phrases.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Prison is supposed to be a really hard place to get out of!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Prison is supposed to be a really hard place to get out of!

The Devils of Monte Carlo (1956)

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

quote:

Call me low, but I do enjoy a good old-fashioned TV Dinner. I cooked one tonight, while Pat was away with his new fellow. Guess I'm going to be doing a lot of cooking on my own for at least a while. That is good, I can get by. I can turn on an oven with the best of them, I like to kid.

Tonight's dinner was a Swanson Hungry Man Classic Fried Chicken dinner. It was on sale at the Bell, two for one, and to wash it down I chose good, cold milk. Oh how my meal was fine. The lengthy cooking time was a temptation of agony, but at last I could peel the cover off and eat. Oh how I dined. Oh how salty the meat, how perfect the mashed potato compartment with its yellow area where the picture-perfect square of margarine had melted. The corn I did not care for. Oh how sweet and sticky the delicious berry crumb dessert. And I have one left.

I am only worried at my insatiate behavior after I finished the meal. I was in a salt-lust and ate an entire jar of peanuts. I will walk for a few hours, and drink orange juice, to help break down the nuts. The walking will help rock the sea in my stomach and erode the food into a fine, fine sand.

i had some peanuts earlier, and so was thinking about this

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

We really didn't know how good we had it when he was putting out a regular strip and writing multiple blogs. My god, that was thirteen years ago.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I made Galaxy Nachos for the first time last night. Toasting the corn chips definitely helps with structural integrity, but has the side effect of making them taste like slightly burnt popcorn. It's just the right amount of nuttiness in a complete bite with beans/salsa/jalapeno/what have you, but kind of weird on its own. As it is my birthday, I will be having Nachos at every meal.

(Man, Achewood was prescient in identifying the security issues at Yahoo, huh.)

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The robot dressed up his hair like Pete Rose.

That's fine, 'cause that's okay.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Here is photo Charles Bronson mails in! He is Master of Tough Guys, but cannot travel due to hip.

Doesn't Vlad do the Travis Bickle at some point? Great Outdoor Fight?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

...and the pitch! posted:

Here is photo Charles Bronson mails in! He is Master of Tough Guys, but cannot travel due to hip.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I cut out seventeen panels of Vlad saying "You talkin to me? You talkin to me?"

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

...and the pitch! posted:

Is in honor of you, dog! The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Hi, I need a link to the strip where Teodor eats the entire Taco Bell menu, thanks.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Bongo Bill posted:

Hi, I need a link to the strip where Teodor eats the entire Taco Bell menu, thanks.

There is balm in Gilead.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Thanks. That is exactly the picture I needed.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Pastry of the Year posted:

We really didn't know how good we had it when he was putting out a regular strip and writing multiple blogs. My god, that was thirteen years ago.

https://i.imgur.com/byMvB27.png
Youtube comment below Here Comes a Special Boy video:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
There are people old enough to write youtube comments whose parents own framed achewood strips.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Your kidneys probably look like a fast-forwarded little video of two accordions"

Goddamn I miss you, Achewood :allears:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
3:30am readin achewood and drinkin whiskey

Hey there Jackie D, tuck me in and be my breakfast

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

This is good but A.A. Gill was a piece of poo poo and I'm glad he's dead.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

same but for the baboon

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Jerusalem posted:

"Your kidneys probably look like a fast-forwarded little video of two accordions"

Goddamn I miss you, Achewood :allears:
That was such a good line.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I have started describing people as having all the health molecules leaking out of them thanks to that comic

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Unkempt posted:

This is good but A.A. Gill was a piece of poo poo and I'm glad he's dead.
AA Gill was fascinating because he was the kind of old-fashioned racist who believed that French and Welsh are races, and would write about it. Thanks for the link, because if I hadn't seen his picture I'd have always assumed that he was one of those cranky old men who look like half-melted candles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
This thread found me at a moment in my life where I, apparently, don't care about a baboon being shot by the Scottish. Which is a sentence I never expected to type.