Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mariana Horchata posted:

I think someday I will venture to West Texas to go on a motorcycle trip and ride flat out through the desert...

Alone preferably unless ur name is Kelly MacDonald

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5pR5ktDwts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This is amazing, good work.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

i love this genre

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
MVP of that photo is Pete Carroll really getting into the flag burning in the background

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lastgirl posted:

which is 65% oxygen, 18% carbon, 10% hydrogen, 3% Nitrogen, 4% others

(this describes all humans, actually)

which is 90% water, rest uric acid, urea, ammonia etc

(this describes all treuamps, actually)

:goonsay:

lol

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

Spoeank posted:

wait gently caress really?!?!

really

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Serf posted:

you've just described the sort of bland conservatives that make up npr. they don't want progress, and don't want regression, they just stand for keeping us in this hellscape forever and their ideology is dying off one day at a time

you're falsely giving motive to their mediocrity, I wouldn't call them conservative

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

babypolis posted:

they also ask if you commited genocide or biochemical attacks

Then how did Peter Daou got in?

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

http://www.npr.org/2017/09/28/554331339/in-germany-far-right-party-received-large-support-from-formerly-communist-east

quote:

DAGMAR HOST: (Through interpreter) We're just expected to keep our mouths shut and put up with this filthy foreigner trash. That's the truth. I'm not a Nazi. I'm not anything.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
+ Pan's Labyrinth

+ Little Miss Sunshine

+ A Scanner Darkly

2k6 was the cultural pivot year of the 00s america~

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Lastgirl posted:

which is 65% oxygen, 18% carbon, 10% hydrogen, 3% Nitrogen, 4% others

(this describes all humans, actually)

which is 90% water, rest uric acid, urea, ammonia etc

(this describes all treuamps, actually)

:goonsay:

human transmutation.... but that's forbidden!!

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

You can see the insane singer with the giant half black/half white wig that the Dems used in This Is Our Fight Song!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i cant decide if i wanna get a 4k tv or not and if it's really justifiable to spend more than like 500 bucks on one

it seems like the market for them evolving too quickly and 50" oleds will be like a grand in a year or two

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
baloogan is this the geiger counter you bought?
https://twitter.com/BatLabels/status/913780875560660992

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
triple sulk

the answer to "Do I need this expensive boondoggle"

is always TRUMP!!!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

sloppo posted:

human transmutation.... but that's forbidden!!

just try n stop me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8yeoNwol5M

Serf
May 5, 2011

Drunkboxer posted:

you're falsely giving motive to their mediocrity, I wouldn't call them conservative

i'm just describing them as they exist. they are conservatives but without the stones to be full blood and soil types. not yet anyways

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Turns out the East Germans deserved everything the Red Army did to them

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
seriously, kill all liberals

https://twitter.com/Daniel_Sugarman/status/913497848615964672

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

triple sulk posted:

i cant decide if i wanna get a 4k tv or not and if it's really justifiable to spend more than like 500 bucks on one

it seems like the market for them evolving too quickly and 50" oleds will be like a grand in a year or two

My old plasma just died over Labor Day weekend so I went out and got myself a 4k HDR tv, this one specifically after doing some research.
http://www.tclusa.com/products/home-theater/p-series/tcl-55-class-p-series-4k-uhd-hdr-roku-smart-tv-55p607

I'm happy with it for the $600 I paid from Best Buy, and the 4k HDR content on Amazon looks nice. I wouldn't spend the money to upgrade if you're happy with what you currently have, though.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

i got the GMC-300E-Plus Digital Geiger Counter

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

triple sulk

the answer to "Do I need this expensive boondoggle"

is always TRUMP!!!!!

yeah

but really though, i have a vizio right now that is just a little small for the room and was only maybe 300-350 when i bought it a couple years ago and i'd like to upgrade, but it feels kind of dumb buying a $1200 midrange 4k?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Mariana Horchata posted:

lol last movie I saw in theaters was prob Episode VII and my dodo bff bought fkn 3D screening tickets and I secretly hated them the whole time

ya that happened to me too but i told my friend to eat poo poo im 2d 4 lyf. in retrospect i was being a little harsh.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

triple sulk posted:

unless your current tv fuckin sucks or is broken, don't get a 4k tv

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Drunkboxer posted:

describing anything that isn't explicitly leftist as conservative is sort of serf's thing

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

triple sulk posted:

the question to ask is, would having 300% more pixels on my television make me happier than i am now

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

sloppo posted:

unless your current [tech thing] fuckin sucks or is broken, don't get a [new tech thing]

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Serf posted:

i'm just describing them as they exist. they are conservatives but without the stones to be full blood and soil types. not yet anyways

labels and categorization is a social construct meant to agitate and divide people

you shouldn't do it because you're getting hung up on all the wrong things of :matters: and instead of focusing on what truly matters

*ahems*

loving liberals. :argh:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

brugroffil posted:

My old plasma just died over Labor Day weekend so I went out and got myself a 4k HDR tv, this one specifically after doing some research.
http://www.tclusa.com/products/home-theater/p-series/tcl-55-class-p-series-4k-uhd-hdr-roku-smart-tv-55p607

I'm happy with it for the $600 I paid from Best Buy, and the 4k HDR content on Amazon looks nice. I wouldn't spend the money to upgrade if you're happy with what you currently have, though.

this is one of the couple i was considering, yeah

the sony x900e looks nice and is supposedly the best for that price range, but it's almost $600 more and i don't really know if it's worth the difference

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

i got the GMC-300E-Plus Digital Geiger Counter

lame.

shoulda gone with the bat version

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Joementum posted:

i did not say that the pay was good, but it is factually higher than the federal minimum wage rate

Well, you spend 3 months in boot camp earning (now) $1,479.30 per month. Boot camp is 7 days a week and approximately 14 hours per day, setting aside the graduation day "liberty" where you get about 3 hours to buy something at a convenience store and eat it without someone yelling at you.

you may be right, if you can assume that every military member is a 40 hour work week employee but lol if you do that

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

This is too sad to even be annoying

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

mormonpartyboat posted:

htanks 2 our trops for fighting fro this forum and scpsam specifcially !!!!

Big Boss is real and strong and he's my friend.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its friday motherfuckers

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Former Everything posted:

Well, you spend 3 months in boot camp earning (now) $1,479.30 per month. Boot camp is 7 days a week and approximately 14 hours per day, setting aside the graduation day "liberty" where you get about 3 hours to buy something at a convenience store and eat it without someone yelling at you.

you may be right, if you can assume that every military member is a 40 hour work week employee but lol if you do that

excuse me just classify that as "managerial class" work and now you don't have to get paid overtime, bing bing bong bong bing still make more than statutory minimum wage!

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:cripes:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Former Everything posted:

:agreed: nobody should join the armed forces. in fact, we should prohibit people from doing this.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

This is too sad to even be annoying

i bet that record collection has at least one korn vynyl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

has triple sulk said trump today yet

• Locked thread