Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

GreatGreen posted:

This was my first thought too.

Anybody care to test?

Just tested. X=B, Y=A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I was 22 of 34 at my Walmart last night, with a ticket system, and picked it up at midnight with no hassle. The funniest thing was when we were all checking out some bro came in (I live in a college town, and he for sure had been drinking) with a Manchester United shirt on and looked REALLY confused. He says, "you guys are all here for Fifa 18?"

I ended up being that guy when Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines came out on the same day as Half-Life 2.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Not a Children posted:

slowly? It's been out for one day

If you can actually see a trend within 2 hours of the east coast electronics stores opening that means they are in freefall

Every time I've refreshed Amazon the 3rd party price has gone down. It was about $400CAD last night and now they're around $279 (reggo in Canada is $100). Give it a week and the markup will be minimal.

Mestizo
Sep 19, 2003

"Why would anyone want to kill me, I'm awesome"
87 at my target in Sacramento. Walked in not expecting much and got ticket 68. People were trying to scam by handing their tickets to friends.... Didn't work. Guy sent them to the back of the line. Very tight ship.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
lol the treasure truck is in nyc and texted me that they have snes classics

literally just opened my amazon app, clicked a button and will be picking one up in a few hours

what the heck!!!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I really wish I lived in a city that is visited by the Treasure Truck.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

If you planned on trying to get one from Best Buy's website at noon, beware: It's already getting hammered by traffic

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Atlanta treasure truck has it too.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Not a Children posted:

If you planned on trying to get one from Best Buy's website at noon, beware: It's already getting hammered by traffic

Here's a direct link to the Bestbuy.ca product page

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

BonoMan posted:

That about $115 USD?

$112.193 with free shipping.

So yeah, $40 more to get it shipped from Europe... but hey, sometimes if you wanna dance you gotta pay the band.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Swung by best buy after getting mine and managed to snag a second.

Saw a scalper buying a bunch though so that was unpleasent. Had 4-5 of them hanging off her arms and had to check them all out one at a time. "Oooh my "kids" are gonna love these :)))" with the worlds fakest smile.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

Heck yeah, just got an alert for it.

Thankfully they're parked at the Cumberland Mall so you don't have to drive all the way into the city for it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Saw a scalper buying a bunch though so that was unpleasent. Had 4-5 of them hanging off her arms and had to check them all out one at a time. "Oooh my "kids" are gonna love these :)))" with the worlds fakest smile.

That blows they didn't turn them away. What's the point of a limit per customer if you just let them circumvent it in a super obvious way?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Holy poo poo. I walked into a Best Buy at 10am with no preorder, hopped in the back of the line, they shuffled all the golden ticket havers to the front, then called out after the ticket holders were done that they had two extras. I was second in the "no ticket havers" line. When I paid they sent everyone home.

I have never been so afraid of getting robbed in a Best Buy parking lot.

E: my B.B. was enforcing the one per customer rule and a guy with two preorders threw a giant hissy fit.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Snagged two from the LA Treasure Truck.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I actually think Scalpers might be in for a rude awakening on this one. I know some people made cash over fist levels of money scalping the NES one, but I really do think Nintendo will meet demand on this, especially now that they are extending production past 2018.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Lol BB Canada sold out instantly, didn't even get a chance to attempt Paypal at all.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

univbee posted:

Lol BB Canada sold out instantly, didn't even get a chance to attempt Paypal at all.

Ugh yeah, was able to hit the add to cart but got rejected after punching in my card. :/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wow - EAT poo poo BEST BUY

loving BOTS - guaranteed.

I had it in my cart, shipping and payment info automatically entered.

The following errors occurred:
We're sorry, one or more items in your order are not available for shipment but may be available for Reserve and Pick Up. Please remove Nintendo Super NES Classic Edition Console from your cart to proceed with this order. If you would still like the item(s), please Reserve them separately on the product page(s). (0107)

Wanted to get it for my coworker :(

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

univbee posted:

Yeah, it error'd out for me and then there was nothing in my cart, gently caress everyone but Amazon.

I was able to get one from Amazon, Prime-only
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B0721GGGS9/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I got one before work so I have mine sitting on my desk. My co-worker comes around, sees it, and immediately brags about how he built his own with a Raspberry Pi weeks ago. I don't think he could be any more condescending if he tried. I never thought I'd meet someone like that in real life.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I actually think Scalpers might be in for a rude awakening on this one. I know some people made cash over fist levels of money scalping the NES one, but I really do think Nintendo will meet demand on this, especially now that they are extending production past 2018.

Yeah even during the post launch and the Christmas rush, we might only see an extra $50 in profit. It's not gonna be the miracle scalping item that resells for +3x msrp.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I checked my local Craigslist last night, they were on there for $400. Those have not sold and now there are listings for $175. Which is still over twice the price, but more reasonable since they are clearly sold out for the time being.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Twerkdad posted:

Yeah, it error'd out for me and then there was nothing in my cart, gently caress everyone but Amazon.

I was able to get one from Amazon, Prime-only
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B0721GGGS9/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

You're the real MVP, managed to get one this way (didn't show when I refreshed earlier but did after your post).

EDIT lol my phone is on fire now as far far too late alerts arrive from NIS and Zoolerts.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Pre-ordered one of these on a lark on the release day at a local GameStop, went in today to pick it up with zero issues. They tried to upsell me on wireless controllers but honestly I don't think a ~5 ft cord is a deal breaker for me here.

I had been thinking to flip it since money is a bit tight, but given that supply is a bit better than the NES classic and resale prices are on the low end I guess I'll just crack it open and spend the weekend reliving the 16 bit glory days.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

Boston too, not the most convenient place for me but still nice that it's there. I don't care cuz I already got one.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
My favorite part of all this is the 1 star reviews accumulating on Amazon because people couldn't buy it. Just like the NES Classic.

Have people never had to hunt for a hot item before? I remember my mom bundling me and my dog up at midnight to go to the toy store because they had one Cabbage Patch Kid held for my sister for one hour, at like 10pm at night.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This thing doesn't turn the TV on when I turn it on like the Switch does. :(

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

This thing doesn't turn the TV on when I turn it on like the Switch does. :(

With your super-scalper savings you can buy a new, working TV.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

esperantinc posted:

Anyone get an update from Amazon? I still don't have a shipping date :(

I used to champion Amazon for never having screwed up anything game related with my pre-orders. Never again :smith:

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

katkillad2 posted:

I used to champion Amazon for never having screwed up anything game related with my pre-orders. Never again :smith:

Looks like they loaded up everybody's preorders on the treasure trucks

The treasure trucks are out of control!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

katkillad2 posted:

Eh I'm still getting my Ishiro Honda biography delivered and NES Classic extension cords (which I assume work on this) all same day, so they've made it up to me. Also Walmart made everything look so much worse on their end, so that helps too.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao holy gently caress, it's on the treasure truck, suck my fuckin nipples walmart, cancelled and got one ready to pick up via Amazon

eat poo poo walmart

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Those treasure trucks better have armed security

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Terrific Accident posted:

This is when we find out that Amazon recently got an FFL.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Tomahawk posted:

Looks like they loaded up everybody's preorders on the treasure trucks

The treasure trucks are out of control!

I just bought one from Amazon's Treasure Truck in San Antonio. I had no idea that had even rolled out in San Antonio until I got the text five minutes ago. Good thing I punched in my ZIP code on their "we'll let you know when we come to your neighborhood!" thingy a couple months ago when the NES Classic was still a thing.

I figured I wouldn't get my hands on one of these for months, I feel like I cheated.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Terrific Accident posted:

Remember when the NES Classic showed up on the Treasure Truck a couple months ago? Yeah, it really wasn't a big deal. I wouldn't stress out about it. And speaking of which, I *really* like the Treasure Truck gimmick, it's a lot of fun.

Also,

Good soup! posted:

eat poo poo walmart

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Little disappointed in the Prima guide book. It's nice but only covers the Nintendo made games and no third party.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Ugh, the treasure truck sold out literally while I was hitting Place Order :smith:

Some other time, then. I'm sure I'll get one eventually.

quote:

Little disappointed in the Prima guide book. It's nice but only covers the Nintendo made games and no third party.

This is exactly how the NES Classic guide was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

DizzyBum posted:

Remember when the NES Classic showed up on the Treasure Truck a couple months ago? Yeah, it really wasn't a big deal. I wouldn't stress out about it. And speaking of which, I *really* like the Treasure Truck gimmick, it's a lot of fun.

I'm joking. I'm just imagining a Heat-style robbery shootout in the middle of the street with SNES Classics flying everywhere