Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

tarbrush posted:

Presumably it means they'll cling desperately to the sinking ship to avoid an election that they'll lose.

That was clear when the Tories doubled the length of parliament and basically said they weren't going to try to pass anything at all in order to keep the government together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
Yeah. These by-elections aren't telling anyone anything they didn't already know

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

See I saw the new thread title and I thought Jezza was a reference to Jeremy Clarkson and was confused

augias
Apr 7, 2009

So uh, in the u.k. am I correct in assuming there's no law against publicly exhorting death upon a politician?

augias
Apr 7, 2009

it's all for fun m8, just 'avin a larf! *shits self* *stabs white van mans*

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Nebakenezzer posted:

See I saw the new thread title and I thought Jezza was a reference to Jeremy Clarkson and was confused

gulag

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
If you want to win the argument in favour of open borders you need to come up with a reason why its actually good for the working classes and not just a way for the business owners to drive down wages and conditions. There is a pretty big reason why neo-libs are so loving hard for mass immigration and will accuse anyone against it of racism.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

augias posted:

So uh, in the u.k. am I correct in assuming there's no law against publicly exhorting death upon a politician?

theyre only calling for harm against vampire jezza not real jezza, keep up here

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

britain MUST guillotine werewolf may, if such a monster were to ever come into being

it is the duty of all britons who value justice to DESTROY robot rees-mogg w bricks and large hammers—if anyone were ever to create such a robot, which they would not!!!!!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

all calls to eliminate scifi, horror, or fairy tale creatures of malign constitution are protected speech in the uk, or in british words, "extremely cricket"

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Is Our Nige the swamp thing in this system?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Byolante posted:

If you want to win the argument in favour of open borders you need to come up with a reason why its actually good for the working classes and not just a way for the business owners to drive down wages and conditions. There is a pretty big reason why neo-libs are so loving hard for mass immigration and will accuse anyone against it of racism.

For the amount of times this has been refuted this stupid argument comes up a lot

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
the answer btw is strong worker protection laws not a lovely xenophobic border policy

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Also in order to oppose global capital in the modern age, workers need to be more internationalist than ever. Allowing states to dictate where you can live, work and die is pretty much the exact opposite of that.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Love 2 concern-troll about Corbyn's "personality cult" and Brexit cuz in reality I don't want him in power.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Byolante posted:

because then your argument essentially becomes that movement of capital should be free but movement of labor cant. its a nationalistic proposition when internationalism is the only answer

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Frijolero posted:

Love 2 concern-troll about Corbyn's "personality cult" and Brexit cuz in reality I don't want him in power.

Libs love to do this, and funnily enough the people who are the most heavily invested into this line of attack are the dregs of Tony Blair's personality cult.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Frijolero posted:

honestly complaining about how your opponent is well liked and have a loyal following is the kind of opposition you want, see all the mccain stuff about obama being a celeb doing nothing and then dying horribly

alsothere
Oct 14, 2014
Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/913783126429708288

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Corbynism will win

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Zikan posted:

Corbynism will win

in'shallah

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

how does britain simultaneously have absurd libel laws and the scummiest press

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

:drat:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Squizzle posted:

britain MUST guillotine werewolf may, if such a monster were to ever come into being

it is the duty of all britons who value justice to DESTROY robot rees-mogg w bricks and large hammers—if anyone were ever to create such a robot, which they would not!!!!!!

Mummy May.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mummies are fuckin awesome tho

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Fallen Hamprince posted:

wonder if this has any effect on tory leadership thunderdome

There's like 18,000 councillors in England alone so any individual result means gently caress all, but as part of an overall trend it's good for Corbyn

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

augias posted:

I dunno if there's a law against it, but they did reconsider the headline and went with something less killy for the print issue. They kept Jezzracula though.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/BBUKMIKE/status/913793035871440896

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

so is hakimashou hamprince's alt or something?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

of course corbyn is a vampire, i knew he was too handsome to be mortal

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

safely sodomized posted:

honestly complaining about how your opponent is well liked and have a loyal following is the kind of opposition you want, see all the mccain stuff about obama being a celeb doing nothing and then dying horribly

my fav moment of that was obama giving a speech from the loving temple of zeus and then we go now to john mccain in some restruant in bumfuck nowhere

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
England has a proud history of archery, someone might try to shoot a wooden stake at jeremy corbyn if they think he's an actual vampire.

Britain voted for brexit so there's probably a bunch of people who believe in vampires, he needs to buff up his security.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

britain tried to use the terrible indigenous britical term "yummy mummy" instead of the clearly and vastly superior "milf"

just, no

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Theresa May is NOT a yummy mummy

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
yucky ducky

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Taintrunner posted:

Theresa May is NOT a yummy mummy

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Squizzle posted:

indigenous britical term "yummy mummy"

america nuked the wrong island

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/30/boris-johnson-caught-on-camera-reciting-kipling-in-myanmar-temple

quote:

The foreign secretary has been accused of “incredible insensitivity” after it emerged he recited part of a colonial-era Rudyard Kipling poem in front of local dignitaries while on an official visit to Myanmar in January.

Johnson’s impromptu recital was so embarrassing that the UK ambassador to Myanmar, Andrew Patrick, was forced to stop him. The incident was captured by a film crew for Channel 4 and will form part of a documentary to be broadcast on Sunday about the fitness of the MP for Uxbridge and South Ruislip to become prime minister.

The previously unbroadcast footage shows the diplomat managing to halt Johnson before he could get to the line about a “Bloomin’ idol made o’ mud/ Wot they called the Great Gawd Budd” – a reference to the Buddha.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

ahahaha that's the most boris thing imaginable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he's currently trying to ensure brexit destroys the economy as brutally as possible

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41441444

Boris Johnson posted:

The crucial thing I want to get over to Sun readers about Brexit is that it is going to be great and we need to believe in ourselves and believe we can do it. It is unstoppable.