Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Angepain posted:

does the original actually contain "SJW" because I'm still not sure how I feel about that phrase being printed in actual papers in the real world

No. It was "pk'er" where pk stands for "politisk korrekt". Something like PCite or PCnik, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

:love:

I haven't followed this thread regularly since 2015. Anyone die? Switch sides? Is Ramirez still winning Pulitzers?

Who has the best/worst caricature of Trump?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

platzapS posted:

Garrison no doubt.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

[quote="“platzapS”" post="“476881179”"]
:love:

I haven’t followed this thread regularly since 2015. Anyone die? Switch sides? Is Ramirez still winning Pulitzers?

[/quote]Bill Leak and 7oden died

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Starving Wolf posted:

Good news everyone:

Oh please never come back Branco.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon:

This is great.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Starving Wolf posted:

That's a Starving Wolf original, baby! You can tell because of the awful handwritten font I use.

Good news everyone:

I personally like the implication that Branco has ever in his cartooning career used a loving ruler.

So what Nazi rally is happening this week?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Pants Donkey posted:

Bill Leak and 7oden died

Nothing to see here, I just wanted to savour this a bit more.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am feeling strongly identified with her, because she is dumb and I am dumb. Thats about the only thing where we connect.

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Sep 29, 2017

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Pants Donkey posted:

Bill Leak and 7oden died
Was Leak even posted back in 2015? It feels like his star shone bright and burned out very quickly.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

frankenfreak posted:

Was Leak even posted back in 2015? It feels like his star shone bright and burned out very quickly.

As an Australian it feels like he's been around for ever, but I don't know how often he was posted here.

He did get one of the worst obituaries ever too, from an alt-right wannabe who couldn't shut up about how much they totally would have banged and how hot she was.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Erenthal posted:

LOL at Garrison cryng about people not wanting to get permanent disabling brain damage just to amuse him. What's next, bring back lead paint and lead gasoline? Radium suppositories?

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/913621894909263872

Garrison lusts for this sort of stuff. More blood for the Blood God.

Pudding Space
Mar 19, 2014

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon:

gently caress FDOGTM trying to represent itself as a 'cartoon'. It's like a drunk uni student writing a screed on a toilet door, and then putting a child-like drawing of something with eyebrows underneath to give it that 'oomph' of irony.

Essentially, FDOGTM can stay; but it's probably best to outsource the actual cartoons to someone who can draw.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Pudding Space posted:

gently caress FDOGTM trying to represent itself as a 'cartoon'. It's like a drunk uni student writing a screed on a toilet door, and then putting a child-like drawing of something with eyebrows underneath to give it that 'oomph' of irony.

Essentially, FDOGTM can stay; but it's probably best to outsource the actual cartoons to someone who can draw.

Are you forgetting which thread you're posting in?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Pudding Space posted:

Sir, this is the Politoons thread

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Lote posted:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/913621894909263872

Garrison lusts for this sort of stuff. More blood for the Blood God.

:stare: Holy Hell, was that guy okay?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

frankenfreak posted:

righto, what's his name then

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Crazycryodude posted:

Sir, this is the Politoons thread

Not Arby's? poo poo.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

That first one's supposed to be a joke, of course, and yet...

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

BlueBlazer posted:

Not Arby's? poo poo.

That explains why when I ordered curly fries I only got DEBT

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

:stare: Holy Hell, was that guy okay?

He got wheeled off the field on a gurney and was taken to a hospital. Google either guy's name today and you'll see multiple thinkpieces on "how the NFL should punish Danny Trevathan". People are taking this particular hit extremely seriously, because it's obvious how bad it is. (also it was Against The Rules, which is all some people care about)

CTE is a lot scarier and more sinister because it doesn't even require you to take blows to the head. Get slammed around enough and your brain will rattle around in your head and give you CTE even if nobody touches your cranium once in your life.

loquacius fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 29, 2017

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

loquacius posted:

He got wheeled off the field on a gurney and was taken to a hospital. Google either guy's name today and you'll see multiple thinkpieces on "how the NFL should punish Danny Trevathan". People are taking this particular hit extremely seriously, because it's obvious how bad it is. (also it was Against The Rules, which is all some people care about)

CTE is a lot scarier and more sinister because it doesn't even require you to take blows to the head. Get slammed around enough and your brain will rattle around in your head and give you CTE even if nobody touches your cranium once in your life.

Gymnasts can get CTE and concussions for just sticking landings. It's all about rapid acceleration / deceleration. :eng101:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

That first one is depressingly realistic :smith:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Zyklon Ben posted:

I was a big Dallas Cowboys football fan when I was growing up. Probably because they were my Dad’s favorite team. When he decided to move our family back to Texas, I watched the Cowboys play every Sunday. I knew the names of all the players. Dad took me and my younger brother to a playoff game at Texas Stadium. He could only afford end zone seats, but we were thrilled just to be there. Roger Staubach tossed a long TD pass to Drew Pearson and he scored right in front of us. Dallas beat the Rams that day and I’ll never forget watching my favorite players in person. There were larger than life heroes to me.

Too much time spent doodling Angry Blax, not enough time googling to find out that Staubach supports head-butt penalties and concussion management and Pearson wanted more compensation for concussed players than they received. This is because they've become tools of the Soros-NWO plot to shrink men's dicks, obviously, and not because they know the game better than him.

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 29, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Begemot posted:

That first one is depressingly realistic :smith:

let me just combine the NFL discussion with this one in a big depressing mashup

‘Lynch Kaepernick’ homemade doormat isn’t a racial thing, Ozarks bar owner says

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Starving Wolf posted:

That's a Starving Wolf original, baby! You can tell because of the awful handwritten font I use.

Good news everyone:

I personally like the implication that Branco has ever in his cartooning career used a loving ruler.
Like...see...ok: Branco cartoons always looked like poo poo, like they were conceived of and drawn in the same half hour. "Person I don't like bad and ugly and smelly and dumb" is pretty much his only message. And none of this is conveyed through artistry is subtlety, he draws a person with crossed eyes and angry face, stink lines, saying "durr durr I'm stupid" while "bad dumb" is written across the stink lines coming off them, "I'm doing a bad dumb thing durr durr durr". Using an axe labeled "ax" and "PC culture" on a tree marked "United states" with leaves labeled "patriotism". There's CLEARLY no first draft, no rough sketch, NO EFFORT so HOW in the gently caress does he not have a HUGE backlog of comics just sitting around? Why does there EVER need to be a gap? I can create a year's worth of Branco comics in two weeks even with my full time job so it is utterly baffling to me that, to Branco, these actually represent EFFORT. He put an entire days work into this poo poo drawing. Chapstrick in my dryer have accidentally create straighter lines, there's a halo around every object, the perspective of every object is different, it is utterly hosed in every possible way and represents an entire days work. Jesus gently caress.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Nice. Now do a Rall.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Ah yes, it’s the left getting angry at the nfl protests. Very smart & true.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

:hellyeah:

I would really like to hear about an NFL player punching a Nazi

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Kaepernick: I'm taking a knee to protest institutional, unaccountable police violence against black people in America.
Conservatives: WHY DO YOU HATE OUR TROOPS?

Really, how do you even talk to these loving people?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I will give Beeler some credit for acknowledging the kneeling meets their stupid approval for protesting.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

lol, what the gently caress are you smoking? There's no 'conversation' to be had, they are completely hopeless by every measure.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Kaepernick: I'm taking a knee to protest institutional, unaccountable police violence against black people in America.
Conservatives: WHY DO YOU HATE OUR TROOPS?

They are deliberately misunderstanding, like a lovely couples argument.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

he must be a doing a comeback tour

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

loquacius posted:

:hellyeah:

I would really like to hear about an NFL player punching a Nazi

after conducting a thorough analysis of the physical fitness level of the average american nazi, i have put together a graphical simulation of the encounter

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Boy, can't believe how violent these recent Antifa attacks have been, like the one in, um

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Pudding Space posted:

Sandpuppy posted:

Nice. Now do a Rall.

no don't. the resulting sigil would summon the Old Ones

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 29, 2017

• Locked thread