Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wheres the umlaut Woj

Whats the deal with Schröder? Those stories about how bad the Hawks hated Dwight talked about how he was even worse than Schröder, so how'd he get that rep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

imagine trying to do anything that requires effort and concentration, and then imagine you always see dennis schroders face in your periphery

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Dennis "Mr. Sheffield" Schroder

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dude hits his shoulder blades on the back board and no one in the last 10 posters has batted an eye

This is why the dunk contest is dead, no one's impressed anymore!!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Doltos posted:

Because a player-owned league would eventually turn into an owner-owned league or would horribly fall apart because the people running the league don't have the same insane connections that present day owners have. For instance if the Knicks players ran the Knicks, good luck leasing a spot at the Garden considering Dolan owns it. Good luck moving around town for a new location or getting a new one built because Kristaps Porzingis sure as gently caress doesn't know any contractors or politicians in NYC.

The owners are more or less free to lock the players out in perpetuity, because their friends at the networks choose to pay them their money despite not delivering their product, purposefully.

Maybe that will change in the future, but I would assume they're in ideological harmony in attempting to force wages down

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

God drat. What did you do, Dennis? What did you doooooo?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Doltos posted:

Dude hits his shoulder blades on the back board and no one in the last 10 posters has batted an eye

I know. I usually pooh-pooh some weaker dunks but this one is absurd and deserves praise

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I know. I usually pooh-pooh some weaker dunks but this one is absurd and deserves praise

Given the whinging and hand-wringing that's gone on the past 4 pages, that was a palate cleanser of a dunk. I thought the little dude would come down a broken husk from slamming the backboard, never to rise again...

edit \/

Paul Zuvella posted:

He should be slamming his shoulders into the Bourgeoisie and seizing the means of production :colbert:

This really does own bones though.

GODDAMMIT!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Doltos posted:

He should be slamming his shoulders into the Bourgeoisie and seizing the means of production :colbert:

This really does own bones though.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Doltos posted:

i watched it about 20 times and laughed a lot

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Inner scoop on Steve Ballmer as a coach for a 3rd grade basketball team. Made me grin.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/9/28/16377492/steve-ballmer-youth-basketball-coach-clippers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Embiid played 5v5 half court today

Looks to be on track for the regular season .

https://twitter.com/sportsradiowip/status/913843894600835073

https://twitter.com/sportsradiowip/status/913844230136713216

euphronius fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 29, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Mr. Mambold posted:

Given the whinging and hand-wringing that's gone on the past 4 pages, that was a palate cleanser of a dunk. I thought the little dude would come down a broken husk from slamming the backboard, never to rise again...

i found the whinging

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/913844614767022080

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Holy moly 👀

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

wojbomb me

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

$205,000,000 over 5 years. So much money.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

wowzers

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yay! Congrats OKC :)

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

41 million a year, jesus christ

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
gently caress ALL YOU NEGATIVE MOTHERFUCKERS RUSS HERE FOREVER

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

41 million American dollars a year, jesus christ

also: it's KD's birthday so Russ is the pettiest motherfucker to walk this earth lmao

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Small markets can't hold onto superstars

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wow

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Time posted:

Small markets can't hold onto superstars

lol

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/tralleking/status/913846462244642817

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/BryanKalbrosky/status/913845722407153664

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Oh my god Russ is the best

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lol Russ is making almost twice as much as KD.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

41m a year is probably what it would take for me to stay there too

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
So this contract will be considered the worst of all time when he blows out both his knees in a year, right?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Also GRIII hosed up his leg in practice and nobody knows how bad yet. Woo Pacers!

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Kalbrosky is a towering monument to surnames

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Hahahah oh poo poo it's Kevin Durant's birthday and Russ comes in with the spotlight deny. loving Unreal.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ahahahahaha

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Drunk Canuck posted:

Hahahah oh poo poo it's Kevin Durant's birthday and Russ comes in with the spotlight deny. loving Unreal.

owns

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

This is actually the sickest dunk he's probably ever thrown down

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

sick dunk by russ

e: f,b

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Carlosologist posted:

41 million American dollars a year, jesus christ

also: it's KD's birthday so Russ is the pettiest motherfucker to walk this earth lmao
Hahah

Doltos posted:

So this contract will be considered the worst of all time when he blows out both his knees in a year, right?
Westbrook has lebron-level good and safe body mechanics, he should be okay as long as Beverly doesn't try to assassinate his knees again. *knocks on wood*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Russ is the truth

• Locked thread