Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Montasque posted:

Citizen Pants-Suit would be a great movie.

it'd be pretty sweet to see a woman getting the "downfall of a powerful man" treatment, finally breaking that glass ceiling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

comingafteryouall posted:

it'd be pretty sweet to see a woman getting the "downfall of a powerful man" treatment, finally breaking that glass ceiling

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_cliff

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

so uhhh these seems winnable? wonder how hard the dems will compete

https://twitter.com/decisiondeskhq/status/913818583225921536

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Dems will either do nothing and lose, or they'll spend a ton, the GOP will nationalize it into a referendum on Pelosi, and they'll lose.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
if that poll is close to what the dscc has when they are done polling (it's a bad pollster but whatever) then i am 100% certain the dems will go in, it's crazy not to given they need a 51st seat

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

It would be nice to see the Akin thing play out again, but in a post-mattering world I"m not sure Moore making a stupid statement would cost him an election.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serf posted:

pretty much, yeah. they would be of a level of technological sophistication that resistance would be useless, but they could also be so advanced that they have no need of anything we got

Bullshit you don't know that. What if they spread by spores on asteroids? Huh, what then?

Yeah, you don't know poo poo about aliens

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

zegermans posted:

It would be nice to see the Akin thing play out again, but in a post-mattering world I"m not sure Moore making a stupid statement would cost him an election.

i just want them to run the "america deserved 9/11" quote over and over again forever

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Concerned Citizen posted:

i just want them to run the "america deserved 9/11" quote over and over again forever

Trump basically said that in a debate and it just strengthened him

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

safely sodomized posted:

The ideological vanguard of the Bernie Sanders movement emerged from the 2016 election overflowing with dialectical certainty.

lol he wants to scream COMMIE RED BOLSHEVIKS so bad

https://youtu.be/MoATWN68IZA

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

I glanced over at Daily Kos yesterday and there were a bunch of outrage diaries about Moore but nothing at all talking up his opponent. 2016 all over again.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

all moore has to do is chokeslam a journalist and he'll win easily

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Gringostar posted:

all moore has to do is chokeslam a journalist and he'll win easily

we need to get dougie jones to chokeslam ben c jacobs

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

zegermans posted:

think positive!
:wink:
im sure with your help he could get to the next level call it Stupid Saiyan 2

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

ben jacobs heeling for populism

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zegermans posted:

Trump basically said that in a debate and it just strengthened him

people like when you tell the truth, who knew

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

zegermans posted:

Dems will either do nothing and lose, or they'll spend a ton, the GOP will nationalize it into a referendum on Pelosi, and they'll lose.

It's 👏 better 👏 not 👏 to 👏 try

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

ThndrShk2k posted:

Legit though we're prolly gonna make our own basic silicon lifeform with the advancements of 4d printing within 10-20, even if just in-lab.

We'll probably call the final product progressive mico auto-5d printing though, and seed a planet with it to see what the meaning of the universe really is.

Actually, none of that will happen within our lifetimes.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Jazerus posted:

that 2027 will be bonkers

In what way? Bunch of new technology?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

What the gently caress is this even trying to tell me?

That the singularity is real and strong and when each borderline-magic tech fails to thrive or achieve the promised results that means it's actually just warming up and just needs a few more years to get there, forever.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

people like when you tell the truth, who knew

Trump lied constantly about everything, lol.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
[quote="“Vox Nihili”" post="“476893767”"]
Trump lied constantly about everything, lol.
[/quote]

Trump frequently told the truth about how lovely our country is but then lied about both the causes and the solutions to these problems.

it was a much better strategy than insisting that there aren't any problems at all and if you think otherwise then you deserve to suffer

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Zoran posted:

Trump frequently told the truth about how lovely our country is but then lied about both the causes and the solutions to these problems.

it was a much better strategy than insisting that there aren't any problems at all and if you think otherwise then you deserve to suffer

He lied about what the problems were too

Admitting that they existed was still a better strategy than pure negative campaigning though

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/913841880055631873

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

related:

https://twitter.com/max_read/status/913777815300067329

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

Someone add "Hispanic-centric brand storytelling" to the Trough of Dissilusionment in this insane futurism chart.

looked at Serverless PaaS, immediately thought of people as a service without masters

:thunk:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
[quote="“loquacius”" post="“476893946”"]
[/quote]

in a lot of cases he was more or less right about them

for example, saying that our foreign policy is nuts, or that our immigration system is broken and illegal immigrants do jobs for less pay, or that healthcare is hosed

but then his diagnosis would be something about how Obama's fecklessness makes us look weak so we make bad deals, instead of the fact that we create new generations of terrorists by raining murder from the skies; that illegals are all evil rapists coming here to steal our futures, instead of pointing out that everyone in power wants to keep undocumented immigrants as a permanent underclass and we routinely turn their homelands into military juntas; or he would say Obamacare is bad because Obama, without a peep about the insane underlying premise that if we just throw more money at profiteering middlemen, they'll be nice to us and won't just come back demanding more money next year

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

lol that owns.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trump TRUTHS:

- The American Dream is DEAD.
- Corporations are abusing the system.
- The Iraq War was a MESS.
- NAFTA and TPP are garbo.

The remaining 90% of his platform was bullshit. But 1/10 truths is pretty good for an American pres. candidate.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

We need glenn jacobs to chokeslam ben jacobs

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

:thunk:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

punk rebel ecks posted:

What the gently caress is this even trying to tell me?

The longer a technology has been around, the more it sucks.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

totally unrelated, but I love that girl's Christmas vine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z-Nu351j58

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

steinrokkan posted:

It's 👏 better 👏 not 👏 to 👏 try

this

unironically

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

loquacius posted:

Admitting that they existed was still a better strategy than pure negative campaigning though

The only thing he got right was that people were mad.
Saying that he correctly identified the problems gives him legitimacy as a populist instead of the huckster he is

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

steinrokkan posted:

The longer a technology has been around, the more it sucks.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/TorontoStar/status/913589166063198208

YANKEE GO HOME!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yup, Hillary giving speeches in 2017 goes against all reason, she's right about that.

• Locked thread