Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

I hope going home leads to cousinly vengeance WITH MAGNETS because that's where my vote lies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Abuse our powers.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

MAGNETO! WELCOME TO whatever town this is

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Leraika posted:

BECOME MAGNETO

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.
"I couldn't go home, Charles. They'd already taken that from me. But what I could do was see what other magnetic possibilities I had."

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
I AM MAGNETO, MASTER OF MAGNET

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

This magnetism might not be so bad, you think. Maybe this summer won't be so boring after all!

As you walk along the street, you pretend you are a magnetic superhero. Every time you pass by a metal pole, you act as if you are commanding it to bow down to you.

If only Barney and Dora were metal robots, you think. I'd have it made!

You think about how you can take advantage of your new magnetic power. Suddenly, you hear a strange sound. You turn to see what could be making such a racket.

You can't believe what you are seeing! Hundreds and hundreds of cans are flying in your direction. They look like a swarm of giant metal bees. They soar over a high cement wall, heading right your way. You glance at the sign on the wall.

FISKEVILLE RECYCLING CENTER.

You are about to be crushed under thousands of pounds of recyclable cans - thanks to your magnetic personality.

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 1/2

Bad Endings
Returned to normal size just in time to get beaten up by Barney.
Returned to normal size while surrounded by tigers.
Drank a potion that turned us into a life-size gingerbread cookie.
Captured by the government for study.
Got stuck cleaning up animal poop at the circus.
Suffocated to death inside a refrigerator.
Forcibly adopted by a motherly mouse.
Got stuck in a mouse hole and wound up being mauled.
Drowned in the sewers.
Crushed to death in a car compactor.
Flattened under a fainting janitor.
Overdosed on magic herbs and became too high to live.
:siren:Crushed by thousands of pounds of scrap metal.:siren:

Achievements
Fails from the Crypt: Encountered a total of 50 bad endings.
It Went Thadda-Way: Randomly returned to normal size just in time to escape the military.
Walk the Dinosaur: Returned to normal size with a very large new pet as a bonus.
Ungrateful Bastard: Thanked Dr. Abbott for saving our life by stealing his body and sentencing him to three months of bullying.

Our options posted:

• Avoid Barney at the baseball game.
  • Run from the police.
  • Hide outside.
  • Steer toward the waterfall.
  • Eat the crumb.
  • Head for the main building.
  • Only take a little of the mixture.
  • Climb down from the desk.
  • Go straight home.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Looks like we're the ones who should have been welcomed to die

Go home, kid

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.
Bullshit, recyclable cans are aluminum and not magnetic. I want to take my ball and go home.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

Looks like we're the ones who should have been welcomed to die

Go home, kid

So Deadpool wrote this bit?

Go home

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Yeah, go home. Let's see our cousins use us as a refrigerator magnet or whatever.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You decide to just head straight home. It's been a long day. You don't need anything else exciting to happen to you!

On your way home, you pass by a pay phone.

CLANK! CHINK! CLINK! CLACK!

You find yourself covered in coins.

By the time you've reached your uncle's house, seventy-three dollars in change is stuck all over your body.

The extra money could come in handy, you think. If anyone asks where you got it, you'll say you just found some extra change in your pockets... in your shirt... in your socks... on your elbow... on your knees...

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 1/2

Bad Endings
Drowned in the sewers.
Crushed by thousands of pounds of scrap metal.

Achievements
It Went Thadda-Way: Randomly returned to normal size just in time to escape the military.
Walk the Dinosaur: Returned to normal size with a very large new pet as a bonus.
Ungrateful Bastard: Thanked Dr. Abbott for saving our life by stealing his body and sentencing him to three months of bullying.
:siren:Master of Magnet: Returned to normal size and gained magnetic superpowers.:siren:

Our options posted:

• Run from the police.
  • Hide outside.
  • Eat the crumb.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Let's eat the crumb

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Agree, eat the crumb, and that ending was surprisingly positive, assuming we didn't end up magnetized forever, or put them to use as superpowers!

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
Eating the crumb will probably result in the other goal ending, though. Should we really be ending this particular wild ride now?

I suggest that we start working down the list of unfinished choices and avoid Barney at the baseball game.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Epicmissingno posted:

Eating the crumb will probably result in the other goal ending, though. Should we really be ending this particular wild ride now?

I suggest that we start working down the list of unfinished choices and avoid Barney at the baseball game.

I'm absolutely ready for a new book. Feels like we've exhausted every interesting thing on this one. Eat that crumb.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Yeah, agreed, the story's starting to drag a bit. Eat the crumb.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Knowing this book series, eating the crumb could just as easily lead to us becoming friends with George of the Jungle or something.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Eat the crumb.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Looks like I'll be outvoted, but I'd kind of like to see climb down from the desk. Just curious if it will kill us because we're bad at climbing.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You pick up the crumb of chocolate cake, place it in your mouth, and swallow. A moment later, you feel an electric tingling all over your body.

The next instant, you feel a sharp pain in your head.

Your head has hit the top of the refrigerator. You're growing big again! The chocolate cake worked!

You jump out of the refrigerator, rubbing your head. Then you grin while you watch all the junk around you in the dump appear to shrink.

In just a few seconds you've returned to normal kid-size.

You arrive back at your aunt's house in time for lunch. Barney is waiting for you on the porch.

"Where have you been, wimp?" he demands.

"Out," you say.

"Oh, yeah?" He pulls back his hand to give you a karate chop. But to his surprise, and yours too, you move quickly to block it.

"OW!" Barney whines, rubbing his hand. "How did you do that?"

You don't answer. You're not sure. But it seems the cake not only made you bigger, it made you faster and stronger. Maybe the rest of the summer won't be so bad after all.

THE END

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

:siren:Goal Endings: 2/2:siren:

Bad Endings
Drowned in the sewers.
Crushed by thousands of pounds of scrap metal.

Achievements
Master of Magnet: Returned to normal size and gained magnetic superpowers.

Our options posted:

• Run from the police.
  • Hide outside.
  • Eat the crumb.

And they all lived happily ever after, except for Dr. Abbott, who we left shrunken with no indication we're ever coming back for him. No wonder every scientist we meet usually tries to kill us.

Next time, we accidentally steal a dangerous magical artifact of incredible power from a psychotic wizard, which ends about as well as you'd expect.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rebonack7 posted:

And they all lived happily ever after, except for Dr. Abbott, who we left shrunken with no indication we're ever coming back for him. No wonder every scientist we meet usually tries to kill us.

Next time, we accidentally steal a dangerous magical artifact of incredible power from a psychotic wizard, which ends about as well as you'd expect.

Quite well, because we beat him up with our superpowers, but now wizards hate us almost as much as scientists do?

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

GIVE YOURSELF GOOSEBUMPS #07: UNDER THE MAGICIAN'S SPELL

quote:

You flatten yourself against the wall. You listen hard for a noise - any noise. Will you be able to make your escape?

The only sound you hear is your own raspy breathing. You slowly peer around the corner. All clear. "It's now or never," you murmur.

You take a deep breath and sprint toward freedom.

Bang! The door slams behind you as you fling yourself onto the lawn.

"Made it!" you cheer. But you know there's no time to celebrate. You glance around. So far so good. You race around the side of the house.

And come to a dead stop.

quote:

There they are. Standing right by your bicycle.

Your mother and your little sister, Joanie.

"Hi, sweetie," your mother greets you. "Where are you off to in such a hurry?"

Your stomach sinks to your toes. You were so close. So close to escape. Now you know what's coming.

"I'm meeting Sid at the mall," you mumble to your mom.

"That sounds like fun, dear. I'm sure Joanie would like to go, too."

"Maaaa!" you wail. "Joanie is such a pain! She gets into everything. I have to watch her every second!"

"Joanie will behave, won't you, cutie?" Your mother turns to Joanie and kisses her cheek.

Joanie nods sweetly. She gives you a big fake smile.

Good-bye fun, you think.

Your bratty nine-year-old sister always gets you into trouble. She has to touch everything she sees. "Break it or take it" seems to be Joanie's motto. But she's so disgustingly cute, no one ever seems to get mad at her. Grown-ups love her brown curls and bright blue eyes.

"Look, Joanie wants to hold your hand," your mother gushes. "Isn't that cute?"

quote:

You shake off Joanie's hand. Once your mother is out of sight, you know Joanie will drop her cutie-pie routine.

"Listen up, Joanie," you tell her. "I'm in charge. So hurry up and grab your bike. I'm already late."

"I have to get my diary first," Joanie says.

That stupid diary. Joanie never goes anywhere without it.

"You two have fun," your mother tells you. Then she follows Joanie into the house.

"Joanie," you holler. "I'm leaving. NOW!" You jump on your bike and pedal as fast as you can. Hopefully none of your friends will spot you riding to the mall with your little sister. You glance back and see that Joanie is pedaling hard to keep up with you.

When you reach the mall, you and Joanie lock your bikes in the rack. "Don't wander off," you instruct Joanie.

"Who, me?" she asks super-sweetly.

quote:

You roll your eyes at Joanie's sickly-sweet act. You rush through the mall to meet your friend Sid. You spot him pacing in front of The Comic Connection. Sid is wearing a blue jacket that is a little too small for his chubby frame. He runs a hand through his spiky blond hair. "Where were you?" he demands as you hurry over to him.

"My mom made me bring Joanie," you explain.

"Really?" Sid raises an eyebrow. "Then where is the little princess?"

Oh, no! Did you lose Joanie already?

quote:

Joanie has already disappeared. Too bad you can't just let her stay lost. You glance around the mall.

"There she is," you say, pointing across the courtyard.

Joanie stands frozen in front of a shop window as if she were in a trance. For a moment you could swear her feet are floating inches off the floor.

Can't be, you tell yourself. You blink and look again. No, her feet are still on the ground.

"The Magic Shop." You read the store's sign aloud.

"She's going in," Sid warns.

"Come on," you cry. "We've got to get her out of there. That store won't know what hit it."

You and Sid follow Joanie into the Magic Shop. It takes a few seconds for your eyes to adjust to the dim light.

Sid gives a little gasp beside you. "Wow," you murmur. The shop is filled from floor to ceiling with magic tricks.

Of course, Joanie is touching every single one.

You shake your head as you watch her fiddling with a miniature guillotine. But then she sticks her finger into place under the tiny blade.

"Joanie, don't!" you shout.

Before you can stop her, she pulls the string. The blade drops right through her finger!

quote:

"Joanie, don't move!" You race to her side. Your mom will be furious if you allowed Joanie to chop off her finger. You force yourself to look down at your sister's hand. You hope you'll be able to stand the sight of all that blood.

Joanie slowly pulls her hand from the guillotine. She grins up at you, waving all five fingers.

Do you strangle Joanie now? Turn to PAGE 25.

Or do you use every ounce of strength and try to ignore your little sister's tricks? Turn to PAGE 6.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 0/2

Bad Endings
None yet.

Achievements
None yet.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Why you little!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

Why you little!

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

chiasaur11 posted:

Why you little!

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

chiasaur11 posted:

Why you little!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Why you little!

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Why you little!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

chiasaur11 posted:

Why you little!

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010
Holy poo poo, this book starts off strong by letting you strangle your nine year old sister!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

chiasaur11 posted:

Why you little!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
In a shocking twist this route split decides whether or not the rest of the story takes place in juvenile hall!

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

Why you little!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

Come on, you know better than that! If you touch a hair on Joanie's head, you'll be grounded for life and you won't be able to finish the rest of the adventure. So take a deep breath, count to ten, and be nice to your little sister.

Go on. You can do it.

quote:

"Joanie," you spit out through clenched teeth. "We've only just arrived, and already you've - "

You're interrupted by a poke in the back. You whirl around. There's Sid with a goofy smile on his face.

"Ooooops," Sid says sheepishly. He holds up his hands. They're handcuffed together.

"Sid," you scold him. "You're as bad as Joanie!"

A booming voice makes you jump. "I see that you are enjoying my magic tricks."

Great, you think. The store owner. Now we'll have to pay for the tricks we've touched. But where is the guy? You glance around the shop. You don't see anyone. You smell something though. Something musty and rotten.

"Welcome to the Magic Shop," the voice says. A tall, thin man with a skinny mustache steps out of the shadows. He's dressed all in black. His black cape swirls around him as if there were a strong wind blowing.

Except, you remind yourself, we're indoors.

"I am the Magician," the tall man declares.

quote:

"Great shop, Mr. Magician." You use your most polite voice. Maybe that way he won't be angry about Sid and Joanie playing with the tricks.

"Yeah! Cool stuff," Sid pipes up. He reaches out to shake the Magician's hand. What a jerk! He must have forgotten he was handcuffed!

The Magician peers down at Sid's wrists. You hear a low rumble that gradually turns into a creepy laugh.

"Sid's sorry about trying on the handcuffs." You elbow Sid, so that he'll put on his most sorry face. He does.

"But we really have to get home," you continue, "so if you could get the key...?"

"Key?" The Magician brings his face directly in front of yours. You notice little wisps of smoke escaping from his collar. This is getting too weird.

You glance around for Joanie. Adults usually go for her cute act. Maybe she can "cute" the Magician into getting the key.

You feel Sid tugging on your sleeve. You turn back around, but the Magician has vanished.

Where did he go?

quote:

"Hey!" you exclaim. "Where did he go?"

Sid points toward a black curtain at the rear of the shop. You walk up to the curtain and give it a yank. There's nothing behind it but a solid brick wall!

Weird.

"It's time to leave," you tell Sid. He agrees. You quickly find Joanie kneeling in front of a huge bookcase.

"Come on, Joanie, we're going," you tell her.

"But I'm - "

"Now!" you command, yanking her to her feet.

"We need to remove Sid's handcuffs," you say once you're outside. "We have some tools back at our clubhouse.

"Maybe this will help," Joanie says. She holds up an old book. The words Magic Book of Spells are written across the gold cover.

"Joanie!" you screech. "What are you doing with that?"

"I tried to tell you," Joanie whines. "But you dragged me out of the store. "Besides, I think there's a spell in here for getting out of handcuffs."

"Well, somebody needs to do something," Sid grumbles. "I think these cuffs are getting tighter." What should you do?

If you decide to try a spell from the book, turn to PAGE 32.

If you decide to go back to the clubhouse and use regular tools, turn to PAGE 47.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
:siren:Magic Book of Spells:siren:

Goal Endings: 0/2

Bad Endings
None yet.

Achievements
None yet.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Too bad there's no 'return the book and apologize for being dipshits' option.

gently caress magic tho

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Read book. Memorize Spells. Frotz all.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

It's a magic trick, so use that magic.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Muggles do it better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Tied, next vote takes it.