Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Apparently my arch nemesis found all the dragon balls and Will and Grace is back on the air?

Heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Arist posted:

The Good Place is loving incredible

West coaster here, but I can't believe how good this season has been so far.

Also maybe it's because I just watched a lot of football/politics but I realized it might be the most diverse core cast on TV. Very good place.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

LadyPictureShow posted:

My BF and I tuned in to the first episode, mostly because we love anything Desus and Mero, but I disagree.

So are those guys like, well known? I randomly caught their show on Viceland and it was pretty hilarious, but it was basically "two stoned guys riff on the news"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If you haven't watched The Good Place drop what you're doing right this instant and mainline the whole series just so you can see last night's episode in context. We don't deserve TV that good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah, throwing another rec on the pile for last night's ep of The Good Place. It was so inventive, so original and they just blasted through at least a season's worth of storyline. Ridiculously good.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I thought the show was airing on Sundays so now I'm sitting here on a train with no episode in reach. :(

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Now I am become SNES Mini, destroyer of productivity.

The Wal-Mart I went to had 16 of them; I ended up being person #13 in line out of #16. There are a bunch of random quantities at other Wal-Marts nearby, too. One of them had 23, another had 34, and there was one in Mesa that had 47 of them. The store manager said they shouldn't be too hard to find, though, and that they're expecting more from Nintendo next week. It seems like Nintendo followed through on their "enough for everybody" promise after dropping the ball so badly last fall/winter.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mine should be coming in the post today :) very excited!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Mine should be coming in the post today :) very excited!

Here, Escobarbarian.

Listen to this and let it sustain you until your mail arrives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBuXfcFKAlo

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gonz posted:

Now I am become SNES Mini, destroyer of productivity.

I thought Nintendo's current console was the Switch? :confused:

(I haven't played a computer game that wasn't a re-release since that Kingdom Hearts PSP game, whenever that was out.)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

I thought Nintendo's current console was the Switch? :confused:

(I haven't played a computer game that wasn't a re-release since that Kingdom Hearts PSP game, whenever that was out.)

Last year, they released a mini retro console that had 30+ NES games on it, and featured HDMI output.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAGVilt3Rls

This year, they did the same thing, but with the SNES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN8ZnDghWAY

They're both absolutely delightful.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The SNES Classic is going for $170 on EBay. Considering it retails for $80 plus tax, after you deduct eBay and PayPal fees, I'm glad these flippers aren't making much.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My dad received his but my post doesn't usually show up for another hour or two :(

ah well I got this apparently super rad Good Place to watch

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I got a few episodes into season one of good place, thought it was ok but lost interest and never finished it. i heard about the twist. i don't particularly care to watch the good place and i don't care who knows it!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

The SNES Classic is going for $170 on EBay. Considering it retails for $80 plus tax, after you deduct eBay and PayPal fees, I'm glad these flippers aren't making much.

Probably because Nintendo has promised to actually make more this time and have come out and said not to buy it for over MSRP.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't know what the gently caress is going n with Tin Star But Tim Roth is killing it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I really like the town hall meetings in The Good Place because they are exactly the same as the ones in Parks and Recreation.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Gonz posted:

Last year, they released a mini retro console that had 30+ NES games on it, and featured HDMI output.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAGVilt3Rls

This year, they did the same thing, but with the SNES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN8ZnDghWAY

They're both absolutely delightful.

The SNES classic is an especially big deal for nerds because it's the first time Super FX games like Yoshi's Island and Star Fox have ever gotten a proper re-release (GBA ports don't count) and also it has Star Fox 2 which was never actually released and has been floating around in beta ROM form online for years.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

muscles like this! posted:

Probably because Nintendo has promised to actually make more this time and have come out and said not to buy it for over MSRP.

I want one but not enough to do anything but wait until Amazon has them in stock so hopefully Nintendo got their poo poo sorted.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
I don't know how there isn't a Nathan For You thread here, but this episode was loving amazing

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm concerned that NBC is about to way overexpose and ruin David S. Pumpkins

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

I'm concerned that NBC is about to way overexpose and ruin David S. Pumpkins

It was ruined the second it debuted because it is very stupid.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah and it was amazing

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oh god Ozark's even doing the "late-season flashback episode that reveals nothing of consequence" cliche

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Speaking of SNL:

https://twitter.com/horsedivorce/status/913477647937802241

I think this is a fake script that this guy wrote to take the piss but I dunno, I thought it was actually pretty funny.

Humor is subjective but I love poo poo like this (and David S. Pumpkins). The holiday special might be taking it too far, though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Orville's Sunday, Sep 17 episode added a ton in the demo in the L+7 ratings, we'll find out how well it's doing in time-shifted from its move to Thursdays. In live ratings last week it put up a 1.1, which tied the lead for its slot...with a rerun of some CBS crap.

How much do advertisers and TV execs care about +3/+7 metrics? If you are watching something on streaming, usually you are watching fewer, if any commercials. I know this is a question we've talked about before, but as more and more streaming platforms pop up and more ways to watch TV not on your TV come out, is the industry coming around on this? Or are ratings becoming less of a concern? We know Disney vetoed ABC's decision to cancel SHIELD.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Iron Crowned posted:

I do have to say that the return of pink-washing has convinced me otherwise.

There have been few things that have made me as viscerally angry as the doc 'Pink Ribbon$ Inc' has.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

raditts posted:

So are those guys like, well known? I randomly caught their show on Viceland and it was pretty hilarious, but it was basically "two stoned guys riff on the news"

Beats me, actually. 'Two stoned guys riff on the news' sums them up pretty much. They have Desus & Mero, the Bodega Boys podcast and I think they had some MTV show a while back.

They're loving hilarious and that's enough for me though

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Snes mini at Best Buy story. Rolled in there last night. Some loving guy was camped out for the snes mini. Talked to the sales dude, he said they're handing out tickets for the SNES mini at 7am and they open at 9am so if I want one, be there at 6:30.

gently caress that.

I rolled into BB about an hour ago (11am CST). Got a ticket, #137, walked up grabbed a mini and left. They said they had 500 of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
STD is pretty with lovely storytelling. The Orville is just not good.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Both The Good Place and The Orville continue to exceed expectations. The Good Place is actually amazing, and the Orville is amazing because it exists.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rhyno posted:

STD is pretty with lovely storytelling. The Orville is just not good.

I haven't seen last night's episode yet but The Orville is pretty good.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I think Orville is bad, but if people are enjoying it, more power to them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah I think it's hard boiled garbage but if you dig it that's cool.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Whoa Will and Grace got a 2.9 last night, only 2 tenths behind football. How many young boys were made into gays last night, worries Megyn Kelly

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Scientology bots.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

Whoa Will and Grace got a 2.9 last night, only 2 tenths behind football. How many young boys were made into gays last night, worries Megyn Kelly

Another generation of fine upstanding young men converted to gay lawyers.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I thought the first episode and to an extent the second episode of The Orville were pretty "meh" but the last two have absolutely nailed the TNG vibe without the baggage of "here is an episode where Beverly fucks a lamp until her dead grandma comes to life and tries to kill her"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

IRQ posted:

I haven't seen last night's episode yet but The Orville is pretty good.

Orville is like TNG methadone. Discovery feels more like the recent movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

precision posted:

I thought the first episode and to an extent the second episode of The Orville were pretty "meh" but the last two have absolutely nailed the TNG vibe without the baggage of "here is an episode where Beverly fucks a lamp until her dead grandma comes to life and tries to kill her"
I see someone else watched the Honest Trailer

• Locked thread