Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

haveblue posted:

The Amnesia collection will be a free PS+ game in October so I'll play those and replay SOMA and probably die before reaching the end of this plan

Oh poo poo really, gently caress yes I never finished the first AMN and never felt like spending money on the second one.

SOMA is freaking awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPssAVMUBXw

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I haven't played it but I think LBX is supposed to be good
they're okay, like halfway between virtual on and armored core

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

If you don't beat at least 3 spooky games in October you should get the death penalty IMO

Im planning on Dark Souls, Silent Hill 2 and Killer7 but i dont know if Killer7 is actually spooky.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Edit: Oh and REmake

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I think ff8 had some of the better costume design of the series. I like squall's outfit, it is top tier main ff protagonist outfit imo.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i think the spookiest games i have are like. majora's mask and chulip

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

For the spooky month I am going to at least play Evil Within, probably. I think I have Costume Quest somewhere and idk what number three will be. Maybe that Splatterhouse remake I have sitting around.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSbdz_R-zYA&t=46s

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I wasn't feeling DanPa V3 at first but after this first trial I am fully onboard.

In Training posted:

Im planning on Dark Souls, Silent Hill 2 and Killer7 but i dont know if Killer7 is actually spooky.

I need to play Killer7 as well and I'll consider it a spooky-weird game. And finish Silent Hill 3. And do an LP of an old IF game called Anchorhead. And finish the last chapter of Corpse Party even though it's pretty bad.

So that's 4. I escape execution another year.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dang Man Grandpa

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guardian Heroes is probably the peakest 90's anime

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I see this and raise you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gwRLfu9DaU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
October Chat: Memory Card Is Not Formatted

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
October Chat Thread: Door stuck. DOOR STUCK!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Evil Within 2 Chat Thread ft Other Video Games

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I think for October I will try out some actually scary games AND some 'spooky' games :D

So like Soma and Amnesia, but also Castlevania. Skeletons and bats and vampires and :eyepop: DEATH?!

Also the Castlevanias I have are 3D and recent so there's a very good chance they are lovely, which is a third kind of scary!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
mmm should probably go back and play evil within next month

killer7 is spookish

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
killer7 is scary in an existential dread kind of way. also some of the personalities have really hosed up backstories. OK, all of them.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0U4lD2Ypn4

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Help Im Alive posted:

Also Snake Eater is the best intro

actually its this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNCme2bP4wY

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

October Chat Thread: Door stuck. DOOR STUCK!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Hey does clicking the quote to go to the quoted post not work for anyone else right now too? Or just me?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Hey does clicking the quote to go to the quoted post not work for anyone else right now too? Or just me?

Yeah it stopped working for me yesterday.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's been like that for me for like a week

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

FirstAidKite posted:

I think ff8 had some of the better costume design of the series. I like squall's outfit, it is top tier main ff protagonist outfit imo.

Eight had just a cool aesthetic all around. I think my fondness for 8 is kind of why I like how they have the big bad in ff14, they're straight up Galbadia, except without the Sorceress worship.

Of course October always means a play through of the Silent Hills. Save for Downpour unfortunately, the only one you can't emulate.

Also lol, people on the Cuphead steam forums complaining about no regenerating health.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 29, 2017

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Works for me.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'll be trying to play Evil Within 1 and 2. Not sure I'll be able to fit a third one in there but maybe I'll play Last of Us finally if I can.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
It works for me only if the quoted post is on a different page...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

al-azad posted:

Works for me.

Same, and same page.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Works here, using firefox.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Yeah. Post histories don't work for me either. I click on someone's and it will randomly show me like 2011 or something instead of most recent.

Two different pcs and a phone, all chrome.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Saint Freak posted:

Yeah. Post histories don't work for me either. I click on someone's and it will randomly show me like 2011 or something instead of most recent.

Two different pcs and a phone, all chrome.

Huh, yeah, post histories for me are stuck in August 2015.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

A chrome update broke it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Link Between Worlds is a good game, but for purely nostalgic reasons

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I enjoyed it and I don't care about Lttp very much

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Reality Winner posted:

Link Between Worlds is a good game

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Link Between Worlds is short but pretty much perfect. I love it a lot.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

link between worlds is very good, especially when viewed through the lens of being a prototype for breath of the wild, there's a lot of structural similarities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Reality Winner posted:

Link Between Worlds is a good game, but for purely nostalgic reasons

Nah it's just a good game. It basically eschews everything Nintendo tried to build up with 3D Zeldas. Enemies hit hard, the hint system is in the background, dungeons are compact and clever, there's no fluff or extraneous bullshit. Just pure game.

• Locked thread