Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

These are two intros I would watch every time I started the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXs4-M-ZiOg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU-n8UZM5Cc

the black 'n' de charred remains of stormwind keep...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The Good Life doesn't look like it's well on the way to reach the funding goal.

It does have unique ideas:

quote:

Q. What is the game's biggest draw?

A. When night falls in this game, all of the townspeople turn into cats or dogs.

The player can also turn into a cat or a dog for one week each month (during your period) and explore the town at night. These parts will feature a completely new and fun style of gameplay.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

That uh, is an interesting way to interpret menstruation.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
so the women in the town have periods all the time? thats hosed up

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Cuphead is good and fun

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
PJ and Mecha seem to like it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

call me when I can play diva cuphead

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I turned on the giant bomb destiny raid stream, I think they're like 17 hours into it now and they all sound super pissed off lmao

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Apparently they are doing the raid without looking up what to do first, which seems like a real bad idea for a Giant Bomb video.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They figured out a long time ago how to do it, the thing stopping them for the past few hours is shooting people and avoiding getting shot

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

How long did it take them to figure it out?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah they're too burnt out to do the FPS part well now, rip

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

How long did it take them to figure it out?
idk about this fight, but on the other stream it took them like 4 hours to figure out the mechanics in one encounter and another couple hours to execute on them. so even if brad just explained everything to them it'd be an all day stream lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm glad the Destiny content that I never watch is also cancelling the only videos (east coast) I care about anymore. I hate Destiny

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The Good Life doesn't look like it's well on the way to reach the funding goal.

It does have unique ideas:

:yikes:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

I'm glad the Destiny content that I never watch is also cancelling the only videos (east coast) I care about anymore. I hate Destiny
its hosed up that vinny has been in the control room for 10+ hours playing divinity 2, thats the content I wanna see

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

homeless snail posted:

I turned on the giant bomb destiny raid stream, I think they're like 17 hours into it now and they all sound super pissed off lmao

"The least enjoyable of videogames"

Ouch.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

remember when jeff got sick during the last raid. is anyone sick again

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

When they did the Destiny 2 quicklook they chose to leave one player out of the game rather than go back and play a story mission they had already beaten, which is stupid.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Reality Winner posted:

Link Between Worlds is a good game, but for purely nostalgic reasons

I don't think I understand what you thought was good about it then

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Spirit Tracks is bad but the dungeons are pretty good and you have ghost Zelda as the best sidekick in the series and you can toot your train

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the Polygon blind stream of the D2 raid was pretty great/awful too when it devolved into like 2 straight hours of Griffin yelling at everyone to stop loving it up and dying long after they had figured out what they needed to do

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
Destiny 2 sounds like a not fun game

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

MMO raids seem to be a bad thing in general.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HoboNews posted:

It's AIDS.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

HoboNews posted:

It's fun, but this raid sounds, uhh... not fun.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

psychoJ posted:

It's fun, but this raid sounds, uhh... not fun.

Which is hilarious because pre release the devs were all "so a miniscule percentage of our players finished raids in Destiny 1, so we want a lot more of our players to see all the content this time around!"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The raid is fun once you learn it but that process of learning can be really not fun at times, I can imagine it would be unbearable to watch from the outside. It's also wearying to spend most of 4+ hours failing even if your job is literally being bad at video games for money.

Most players wait until the hardcore have figured it out by trial and error and written/recorded strategy guides, and even when you're being told exactly what to do it can take a while to get coordinated.

That said, the moment when everything comes together, the team fires on all cylinders, and the boss goes down is an enormous rush and worth all of it.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

MMO raids seem to be a bad thing in general.

MMOs are bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

haveblue posted:

That said, the moment when everything comes together, the team fires on all cylinders, and the boss goes down is an enormous rush and worth all of it.

No it's no t

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's the baby toy where you put a circular peg in a circular hole but it takes 18 hours

al-azad
May 28, 2009

As someone who doesn't play MMOs the concept of raids are alien to me. It's just a community boss fight that are always bullshit and spongy because they can't balance around player skill and equipment?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

It's the baby toy where you put a circular peg in a circular hole but it takes 18 hours
yeah but the moment when you stop trying to put the square peg in that hole and slam the circular one down is an enormous rush

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Once you know what to do the raid isn't that hard at all

Also you don't have to do it at all, you can just do the Nightfall which is like 10 minutes and super fun

Or just do other stuff because it's a fun game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

al-azad posted:

As someone who doesn't play MMOs the concept of raids are alien to me. It's just a community boss fight that are always bullshit and spongy because they can't balance around player skill and equipment?

In an ideal world raids are supposed to be fun because they are a test of coordination and communication among a group which is a challenge you don't normally see in any other game context.

This is not an ideal world though

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

It's almost like people in games journalism are bad at video games.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

precision posted:

Once you know what to do the raid isn't that hard at all

Also you don't have to do it at all, you can just do the Nightfall which is like 10 minutes and super fun

Or just do other stuff because it's a fun game

This sounds like my ideal Destiny 2 experience tbh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My ideal destiny 2 experience is throwing it in the trash

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

al-azad posted:

nah not really, for one raids are balanced around equipment cause if you don't come in with at least a certain level of gear you just get blown the gently caress up. so before they spent 20 hours streaming this thing they spent 2 weeks of their life grinding other poo poo to be "raid ready"

also in good mmos they are based around weird puzzle mechanics the group has to figure out how to solve and that's the fun part. watch a FF14 v3s vid if you wanna see a good example of that though, cause destiny raids in general and this one in particular are baby poo poo that's exclusively one group of players telling the other what buttons to push/not push

homeless snail fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sick rear end Raid Content
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdhq5yCcYc4

• Locked thread