Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Duscat posted:

what a string of copouts

lol trump hasn't even been president for one year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
[quote="“The Nastier Nate”" post="“476902137”"]
I’ve been on SA since 2005 and never had to re-reg so let’s do this.

Assuming we still have elections, and the US isn’t a smoldering crater, and Donald Trump is still president in 2020 and running for re-election, he will be re-elected for a 2nd term. :toxx:
[/quote]

thank u for ur service :patriot:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Al! posted:

lol trump hasn't even been president for one year

I'm pretty sure Trump has been president for 10 years friend.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
permatoxxing right now if those are still allowed: donald trump will not have a second term as a president

nasty nate bring your toxx game

e: if permatoxxes are not allowed, i pledge not to rereg except POSSIBLY as a gimmick account that only appears during halloween and other major bank holidays

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Duscat posted:

permatoxxing right now if those are still allowed: donald trump will not have a second term as a president

hahahahaahahaa

hahahahahahahahahaahha

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm real drunk

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump is prez

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
im glad tom price had the F U L L confidence of the President

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Jose posted:

i'm real drunk

HES DRUNK! GET IM OUT

https://clips.twitch.tv/StrangeClearAnacondaDAESuppy

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

no

nor do they realize that all "welfare" programs are disproportionately used by white single mothers in rural areas

the key to the CHUD mindset is thinking that you're paying for all those spongers while the opposite is in fact true

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Agrajag posted:

hahahahaahahaa

not sure why you're laughing, either trump stops being president or he doesn't have to post anymore, it's a win/win bet

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

He was one of the few guys Hamilton actually got fairly right. Guy was basically one of the reasons we won our war, he hated England, was a brilliant leader, and is beloved here especially in formerly French parts of America, hence so much Cajun stuff named for him. I myself grew up in Lafayette so I've always had an interest in him.

In france he was a bit more...complex he was the dude who was the commander in chief of the french national guard and founded Society of 1789 with Bailly. He was basically the leader of the moderate voices in the revolution in a time when 'moderate' was 'maybe we don't need to shoot the queen in front of her children'.

He lost the public when his men (not on his orders) gunned down protesters. When the constitution was made his first act was to resign as commander in chief but it's pretty impossible to recover from 'the guy who was seen as a man who wanted to avoid bloodshed led the guard when they gunned us down for the sin of protesting'.

He went on to be a general during the war with Austria but hilariously a ton of his men were Jacobins and those guys were mad salty that they had to listen to basically anyone because those people were lunatics, so he had to constantly deal with that in the most hilarious bit of history repeating during that period for France.

Unfortunately at that time when he was saying 'hey maybe these guys who just kinda wanna burn everything down are loving insane' that was also the time when the radicals were coming to power in France, so that didn't end well. He called for moderates to oppose them but Robespierre called him a traitor and that was basically all that the crowd needed. Dude got a warrant for his arrest when the royals got got and he fled to contested lands and arrested by Austrians.

He was a prisoner for a long time, he tried to reach Napoleon for a negotiation but the dude said only if Lafayette swore loyalty to him in return. Lafayette said 'that's literally what I spent my life fighting against you goon' so Napoleon did Napoleon stuff and had every bit of property he owned sold so that even when Lafayette got out he'd be a pauper. That'll teach him to say Napoleon is a petty tyrant!

When he was out he spent his last stage of life enjoying his beloved status in America. He had a nice big tour of America and even opened his home up to travelling Americans who wanted to meet him and all. Dude loved America and it's kinda a genuinely sweet story that he at least had one place he could consider welcoming to him.

The dude very much was not a royalist, he very much wanted the people to have dignity and equality. The Society of 1789 was fairly conservative, wanting to remain a constitutional monarchy rather than a full on republic. You can talk all you want about the pros and cons and frankly I disagree with his idea that the monarchy NEEDED to be preserved as a national symbol but you can look to a lot of places for an example where you have a nation maintain its monarchy while allowing progressive voices to rise. I think at his core he was a fairly good man. He was a big part of the Bourbon Restoration and even did things like trying to allow Napoleon to serve his exile in America as a compromise even after he got his poo poo wrecked for failing to suck the imperial cock.

The man was one of the writers of The Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen, and when that failed to properly address slavery he wrote tons of letters explicitly saying "YO SLAVERY IS hosed UP, THIS IS ME BIG DADDY LAFAYETTE TELLING YOU SLAVERY IS NOT COOL". He was a complex character in history but I think overall history looks kindly on him as an American hero and a man with noble intent if rather weak resolve at times in France

yeah people who dont want unnecessary immediate suffering p often end up on the right side of the present and the wrong side of history

like im acutely aware of that and expect that i might be guillotined for w/e class crimes at some point but welp thems my ethics

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
toxxes are dumb as gently caress

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Hey assholes, we have fun and shenans in this thread but

DONATE, ffs: http://unidosporpuertorico.com/en/

I have nothing, 25 is all I could give before I can't pay bills, and I donated, so just DO it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
if puerto rico wants trump's help then they probably should have voted for him in 2016

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

not sure why you're laughing, either trump stops being president or he doesn't have to post anymore, it's a win/win bet

if trump gets a second term, about half of us won't be able to post anymore, and about a quarter won't be allowed unmonitored internet access

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im still replaying and laughing at this

https://twitter.com/SalHernandez/status/913852023350718464

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Duscat posted:

e: if permatoxxes are not allowed, i pledge not to rereg except POSSIBLY as a gimmick account that only appears during halloween and other major bank holidays

Naw man, you got me. My shitposting is the only thing that keeps me sane and it's not out of the possibility that Trump gets replaced by someone worse somehow. My hats off to you sir though.

Realistic scenario: Trump's double-scoop heart gives out in 2019 and an even Trumpier candidate primaries Pence for the nomination and wins in 2020.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Al! posted:

theyre just biding their time for the rick n morty simpsosn crossover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ecYoSvGO60

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

The Nastier Nate posted:

Naw man, you got me. My shitposting is the only thing that keeps me sane and it's not out of the possibility that Trump gets replaced by someone worse somehow. My hats off to you sir though.

Realistic scenario: Trump's double-scoop heart gives out in 2019 and an even Trumpier candidate primaries Pence for the nomination and wins in 2020.

Joe Arpaio!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

YOU A loving HAT posted:

I have nothing, 25 is all I could give before I can't pay bills, and I donated, so just DO it.

i've already thrown most of a paycheck at every charity i can find

it isn't helping, there's not enough manpower to save these people

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

lol I missed this. What a loving rear end in a top hat

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

president forgetting whether or not 'many people dying' is good or not and trying to bullshit through it, totally normal president, normal brain, totally fine

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

triple sulk posted:

not yet but i probably will

i bought golf story earlier. that other brave dungeon game or whatever it's called looks anime af and is only 9 bux

yikes, and Cuphead just came out today

holy poo poo that game looks bonkers good

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

god drat i hate this bumbling orange baboon

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

YOU A loving HAT posted:

i have done the same. everybody should donate

but honestly? i feel loving sick to my stomach that i'm going broke while our rulers, who should be fixing this, are flying around on private jets. i feel like i'm getting played in a big way.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Oxxidation posted:

i've already thrown most of a paycheck at every charity i can find

it isn't helping, there's not enough manpower to save these people

There's water surrounding Puerto Rico, did you know that? Big water. Ocean water. We don't have the inventions to get people across water that big. Nobody does. You'd think they'd invent something that gets people across water that big, but they don't. It's the Democrats and their obstruction. Believe me. I've seen it. So many people, can't get across the water, never have, never will. Absolute disgrace. Unbelivable. But that'll change - believe me - that'll change.

Weeping Wound posted:

yikes, and Cuphead just came out today

holy poo poo that game looks bonkers good

I've heard it's hard as gently caress, but that may have been because the games journo demo'ing was blind, deaf, and dead. Y/N?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Duscat posted:

If the elections are canceled then there won't be a second term ever. :thunk:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

YOU A loving HAT posted:

im just curious what the money will do to help seeing that they aren't even getting help to begin with right now?

are rescue/aid workers able to reach those that need help?

is there a system in place to deliver help to them or rescue/evacuate those people to places where they can receive help?

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Elephanthead posted:

If the elections are canceled then there won't be a second term ever. :thunk:

well then i get to post as long as i have internet access, again a win-win

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Agrajag posted:

god drat i hate this bumbling orange baboon

yeah raise your paw if your disgust and distaste for trump is metastasizing into true blue unvarnished hate

i feel hella bad about it, he's turning me into a person that thinks like him. i used to be completely baffled by the ppl who would foam at the mouth when obama was mentioned but im starting to become the same way about trump

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Agrajag posted:

im just curious what the money will do to help seeing that they aren't even getting help to begin with right now?

Yeah it's a weird feeling when I can't help thinking the money's never going to get there, like in that old SNL sketch with Clinton eating the warlord's mcnuggets.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

the black husserl posted:

yeah raise your paw if your disgust and distaste for trump is metastasizing into true blue unvarnished hate

i feel hella bad about it, he's turning me into a person that thinks like him. i used to be completely baffled by the ppl who would foam at the mouth when obama was mentioned but im starting to become the same way about trump

my hate is pure and undilluted. this gently caress despite the massive massive loss of life and human suffering has to make it about how great his response (he's lying) is to it.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SKULL.GIF posted:

so will we see a Time cover with "PRESIDENT KELLY - the Great Administrator" or will their worship for cops override that urge?

the second we call him president kelly he's fired and im not gonna lie he just seems like a typically horrible neocon so far so lets not gently caress around with that too much

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

the black husserl posted:

i am going to end this year as a worse person in every way than the one who started it and i don't expect it to stop until i'm dead

there are so many people in this nation who need to suffer and die and none of them will

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9AY5rlosRY

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Oxxidation posted:

i am going to end this year as a worse person in every way than the one who started it and i don't expect it to stop until i'm dead

there are so many people in this nation who need to suffer and die and none of them will

i expect myself to either die form liver failure or a hate induced stroke/heart attack

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

triple sulk posted:

trump is prez

this is correct, I just looked it up

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Please clap...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Agrajag posted:

my hate is pure and undilluted. this gently caress despite the massive massive loss of life and human suffering has to make it about how great his response (he's lying) is to it.

AND NOBODY IN THE MEDIA CALL HIM OR HIS GOONS ON IT!

they keep doing their both sides schtick

• Locked thread