Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
*Hilary Clinton voice* I feel grrrrrreat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Thread: chuck in your Norm Smith/first goal/whatever predictions.

I'm going to for Brandon Ellis for Norm solely because I got him in a sweep. Aaaand Cameron for first goal after a lightning start by the Crows.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

If history shows us anything, it's that sporting clubs will never overlook personal shortcomings for someone who is good at sport.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Charlie Cameron Norm Smith, EDDIEBETTS! first goal.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sam Jacobs with Walker first goal

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Chairchucker posted:

If history shows us anything, it's that sporting clubs will never overlook personal shortcomings for someone who is good at sport.

Michael Vick Neva 4 get

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
First goal Dustin Martin
Norm Smith Dustin Martin
Norm Smith to be renamed Dustin Martin

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It’s raining a bit. Good for the tigers?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

realbez posted:

Carn the Tigers!

Same. Cut them some slack, it's been a long journey for them and as a Saints fan I can't look down on them for that achievement. I think the Crows are a big ask to beat, but if they maintain some good old one on one intensity for long enough I think they can squeak it through. But if they freak out at the occasion and the Crows can get their run on, it could be a landslide. I just want a good game whoever wins.

(won't stop me yelling EDDIE BETTTS though, you can't stop that man)

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Barely raining.

Sloane for norm

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

If you can't feel a bit good about a punchline of a club making the granny you are a bit broken imo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

snaeksikn posted:

Have you considered that instead he is good at sportsball and so his plethora of character defects should be forgiven by all as long as he can still get on the field??

He wasn't that good on the field this year either though

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Cotchin for Norm Smith, Tigers by 15

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
YEEAAAAAHH the best day of the year (unless your team's in it and loses).

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'd rather watch the Crows lose today than watch two other teams play tbh.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Chairchucker posted:

I'd rather watch the Crows lose today than watch two other teams play tbh.

Its an odd thing. If you lose a prelim, you can dismiss it and say ah well we weren't good enough. But losing a gf is a really brutal form of dissapointment.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Anyway I think Richmond are a bit closer in perceived quality to Adelaide than, say, last years match, and look how that turned out.

Then again, although Adelaide have had some weird fuckups this season (how the gently caress did they lose to Hawthorn the second time around?) if they get into JOB DONE mode I think will be tough for Richmond.

But as that stat's been going around, no-one in either team has played in a grand final before (first time since the inaugural VFL season) and both teams have match winners that can get the spark going. Anyway I'm excited.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Barry Hall in a gambling ad

gross to all parts of this

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
The team with the most one-sided finals games up against one of the teams who had one of the only two finals games that weren't totally one-sided games, who didn't look in control until half way through the third quarter, which was against a team that the who their opponents destroyed.

Horrific vision on Channel 7 as a flock of large black birds dismember a striped cat (who can remember the colours) on live national television.

If Hardwick has removed all media access from them during the week so they don't rock up thinking it's their destiny like the Saints did in '97 (when they were actually the better team - which isn't even the case this time) then maybe we'll get a game.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah losing a prelim sucks but it is way easier than a gf loss.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

hiddenmovement posted:

Its an odd thing. If you lose a prelim, you can dismiss it and say ah well we weren't good enough. But losing a gf is a really brutal form of dissapointment.
Yeah, ask a St Kilda fan how that feels. I dunno, I think that 2009/2010 team might be one of the best teams never to win a GF, just that they happened to meet a couple of other clubs doing the juggernaut thing as well.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

realbez posted:

Yeah losing a prelim sucks but it is way easier than a gf loss.

I dunno, the 04/05 prelims sure tore my heart out as a barely teenaged Saints fan. The GF losses I managed to shut out most of the horror somehow.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Looking forward to a tight game until Tigers lose to a kick after the siren and banishment back to their rightful 9th spot

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

There's a lot of tricolour here, this won't be close to the last two crowds the tigers played in front of in terms of balance

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Shaun hampson is playing holy poo poo put the house on the crows

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

markgreyam posted:

The team with the most one-sided finals games up against one of the teams who had one of the only two finals games that weren't totally one-sided games, who didn't look in control until half way through the third quarter, which was against a team that the who their opponents destroyed.

Crows undoubtedly did better, but Tigers still won those games by 40-50 points. Maybe it's a matter of shock and awe vs. attrition.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Might've been closer if Richmond hadn't concussed Shiel tho.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

And so it has come to this. Because the heathens in Fuzhou don't seem to have anywhere showing the game, I am forced to pay money to the AFL, and watch it alone, on my laptop in the English Department office at school. Either way, Go Tiges!

I am barracking for Richmond because my brother is a Tigers fan who was 3 months old when they Tigers last won the premiership, whilst I have seen 3 in the last 5 years.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Whitten oval: gold coin entry, loads of food trucks, three big screens

Punt rd: 20$, couple of trucks, 2 undersized screens

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I just realised I don't know any Killers songs

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The Deadly Hume posted:

How is this possible

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

The Deadly Hume posted:

I know this song but it doesn't look right coming out of a guy in a baby blue jacket with a full head of hair.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

That was a smashing cover of the oils actually

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

hiddenmovement posted:

That was a smashing cover of the oils actually

Yeah that was grouse

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Meatloaf has improved this year

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Rousing rendition of Mr Brightside to finish as well, good choice of band

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
It’s amazing what influence letting fans stand close to the stage does - not expecting bands to feed of energy of crowds 50m away. Also booking someone still relevant. Good performance!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'm almost shocked that we had a not-bad band for the GF who did an Oils cover. :iiam:

monolithburger posted:

I dunno, the 04/05 prelims sure tore my heart out as a barely teenaged Saints fan. The GF losses I managed to shut out most of the horror somehow.

It was the GF for me, just furious that the team didn't want it enough, it was there if they wanted it, they cbf and then they blamed the coach.

I don't think there is any doubt that the Tigers want this enough. That's the lesson for a Saints fan.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

They could have actually had Mike Brady performing One Day in September for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Are the Tigs getting booed?

• Locked thread