Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I was hoping to cancel my strike sub now that Princess Principal and Made in Abyss are over, but we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's not part of prime because prime alone probably doesn't pay for itself. it being a separate thing from prime isn't really the issue though, it's that you can't sub to strike without also having prime. if they're going to make it separate, it should truly be separate.

that and amazon should actually engage with the industry instead of just buying out sentai's catalog every season.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
amazon likes to move in on new markets and then completely destroy all their competition. with anime strike, they don't seem to realize that their competition is piracy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

amazon likes to move in on new markets and then completely destroy all their competition. with anime strike, they don't seem to realize that their competition is piracy.

:capitalism:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Thank god for piracy

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/ultimatemegax/status/913952040753225728

This is one of the upcoming euphonium films.

https://twitter.com/ultimatemegax/status/913953515839660032

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hopefully they've locked the Euphonium author in a broom closet until it's done.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Space Flower posted:

Thank god for piracy

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Hopefully they've locked the Euphonium author in a broom closet until it's done.

uh I don't think

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Space Flower posted:

Thank god for piracy

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Colonel posted:

uh I don't think

hehe... you said it

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Can I get an explanation for this Euphonium stuff, what did he do wrong?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

HellCopter posted:

Can I get an explanation for this Euphonium stuff, what did he do wrong?

the author of euphonium is a woman

also nox is jaded by euphonium now cause the staff said they probably would not change or skip over the shuichi stuff if they ever reach it. it's stupid but this movie isn't even focusing around that so idgaf

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Sep 30, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Seems reasonable

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R39e30FL37U

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
instead of stepping into the minefield of euphonium discussion lets discuss two car: racing sidecar and the classic works of the person who uh

directed ange vierge once

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Howabout we discuss our opinions on whether Osomatsu-San S1 was funny, and if S2 will be or not.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
haha good one grouchio now on to our next topic; who's excited to watch classicaloid season 2

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

The Colonel posted:

haha good one grouchio now on to our next topic; who's excited to watch classicaloid season 2

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
When is the next 50 episode season of Shirokuma Cafe

I really liked that show, I'd watch another 50 episodes of punloving bear and people being very reluctant to humour penguin's rakugo attempts

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wait what. It's a penguin how can it...

I should watch whatever the heck.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
im amazed classicaloid of all shows got two 2 cours season

who is the market for it. why are they.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Homura and Sickle posted:

Yakuza money launderers?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

The Colonel posted:

Me yes. Underrated hit from last winter that got better in its 2nd half. Hell I made the post about oh poo poo 2nd season when the last episode ended with a bumper for the 2nd season.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I don't remember where I made that post but I found the screenshot I used anyways

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The fish episode was the greatest thing to come out of season 1 and I hope there is something like it in season 2.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am watching the sad boy shogi anime and wow it is exceptional and fantastic. I'm not even halfway into the show yet and i'm already super excited for season 2. At first I thought I was lucky that the new season is still a couple of weeks away but from the rate i'm going through these episodes i'll still have a while to wait. It's so good!!

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

why this poster, why do this to me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Homura and Sickle posted:

i'd guess the market is children and families, mostly. the first season aired on NHK's educational/cultural station and seemed to be well-regarded enough for Time Bokan 24 to take jabs at its success. meanwhile, Time Bokan 24 ended up surprisingly successful well outside the child demographic and also earned a second season. children's tv is the future

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't the Log Horizon anime also air in one of these blocks? I remember hearing that a bunch of content got changed to make the show G / PG.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Didn't the Log Horizon anime also air in one of these blocks? I remember hearing that a bunch of content got changed to make the show G / PG.

yeah, both seasons were broadcast on NHK eTele. no idea of the actual timeslot, i assume there are later ones so that anime doesn't necessarily have to tone down.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

A new Drifters DVD/BD is coming that has episodes 13 & 14, in addition to improved versions of 10-12. More news on the sequel season October 30th

Nozaki-kun staff is working on an original TV anime for 2018 called Tada-kun Does Not Fall In Love

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think Tada-kun is going to fall in love.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
season 2 of nozaki kun when

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
HUSTLE OF THE MUSCLE! :black101:

Moltrey posted:

season 2 of nozaki kun when
It's basically become the Comedy-driven anime that I watch at least twice a year (I used to do that with Kokoro Connect). A second season would be highly appreciated, though I fear that is no longer doable. :(

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

some CR licenses:

Blend S
Sengoku Night Blood
Love is Like a Cocktail (Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara)

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

This seems like extremely my poo poo.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

dogsicle posted:

Blend S
Love is Like a Cocktail (Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara)

Nice. Crunchyroll has been able to pick up most of the animes I was looking forward to, only Umaru S2 and Girls' Last Tour have gone to Sentai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sword Art Online Season 3 confirmed.

Also confirmed is a spinoff focusing on Gun Gale Online.

• Locked thread