Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
George filling that fourth player slot full time would make me so goddamn happy.

Don't even tell me it's not happening, and also stupid nonsense. I'm just gonna bask in that idea for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Mystic Mongol posted:

What convinced you? The room of screaming lunatics, desperate to pretend their extra-national adventures didn't have hideous consequences? The audio recording of Dr. Strangelove that Ocelot turns off just before she changes her story? Or the bioweapon used by XOF, an organization with global reach that certainly didn't need Huey's help getting it onto the base? Hell, Punished Snake could have been the one to infect the base, it wouldn't be the first time he airlifted a diseased soldier in from a war zone, nearly killing everyone.

Huey's weak. Is he evil, too? We don't get to know.

the tapes paint a very clear picture, and i don't think they were going for a unreliable narrator take with them, which is kinda ironic with the rest of the game. also if your take away from the whole super computer scene was "hmm, probably just the computer bugging out," AFTER huey goes "it recorded the whole thing!" than that might be on you dog.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 27, 2017

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Yeah, it recorded a ton of stuff. The last will and testament of Dr Strangelove, creator of the singing dancing world destroying nuclear death robot? She contradicts herself a few times, lies about verifiable facts, and then dies. Yes, she thought Huey intentionally killed her, but she's as bugfuck as he is. If Huey had heard her, there's no way that sniveling coward wouldn't have erased the recording.

This is the second genocidal apocalyptic disease the Diamond Dogs almost unleash on the world. How fortunate for them that absolutely everything is the fault of this one scientist none of them like. His girlfriend/wife/weird hosed up scientist buddy thought he killed her! Especially with Ocelot turning off the walkback! No need to dwell on their own part on the disaster, or the fact that Huey's using his infant child as a pilot for his war machine has nothing to do with the Vocal Cord Parasite. Hitting Huey with sticks will solve everything!

That's why Punished Snake sends Huey out to sea. From now on, whenever a soldier is haunted by the fact their unsupervised mercenary missions against people with bioweapons almost ended the world, twice, they can blame it all on that guy the boss totally should have killed and go back to what's important in life, attaching balloons to zebras. It's made even more ghoulish by the diamonds--the soldiers now wear eternal reminders that they are good people who cared about their dead brothers, when they're really dangerous morons who get people they care about killed by weapons they don't understand.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Mystic Mongol posted:

Yeah, it recorded a ton of stuff. The last will and testament of Dr Strangelove, creator of the singing dancing world destroying nuclear death robot? She contradicts herself a few times, lies about verifiable facts, and then dies. Yes, she thought Huey intentionally killed her, but she's as bugfuck as he is. If Huey had heard her, there's no way that sniveling coward wouldn't have erased the recording.

This is the second genocidal apocalyptic disease the Diamond Dogs almost unleash on the world. How fortunate for them that absolutely everything is the fault of this one scientist none of them like. His girlfriend/wife/weird hosed up scientist buddy thought he killed her! Especially with Ocelot turning off the walkback! No need to dwell on their own part on the disaster, or the fact that Huey's using his infant child as a pilot for his war machine has nothing to do with the Vocal Cord Parasite. Hitting Huey with sticks will solve everything!

That's why Punished Snake sends Huey out to sea. From now on, whenever a soldier is haunted by the fact their unsupervised mercenary missions against people with bioweapons almost ended the world, twice, they can blame it all on that guy the boss totally should have killed and go back to what's important in life, attaching balloons to zebras. It's made even more ghoulish by the diamonds--the soldiers now wear eternal reminders that they are good people who cared about their dead brothers, when they're really dangerous morons who get people they care about killed by weapons they don't understand.

The reason why he never erased the recording is because he never realized it WAS recording, he was surprised when it started speaking Strangeloves last words, and then admitted almost immediately afterwards that she sent otacon away so he couldn't be used in experiments, and even if he knew it was recording he's also too much of a coward to actual look at the corpse he made to go inside of it. You have to actually enter the AI pods to get to the storage for them after all. And if were talking about contradictions and the people who speak them, every thing Huey ever said in the game was a lie, and when called out on those lies he immediately makes another one.

Also seeing how the first time they almost released an apocalyptic disease it was literally because Huey modified the X-Ray monitors on the retrofitted quarantine base to mutate the vocal cord parasites that were already inside the soldiers so he could sell them to cipher, that's not exactly diamond dog as a wholes fault. The second time it almost happened was literally in spite of everything Snake did. Why would he have expected psycho mantis to whisk one of the english strain parasites out of the fire snake just threw them in to go inject liquid with.

It's silly to think that Snake exiled him just so the soldiers could always blame him for everything forever, just as it's silly to blame diamond dogs for cypher almost destroying the world with bioweapons. Especially because if they hadn't stopped them than the entirety of the english speaking population would have literally died and every single political entity ever would have a stockpile of nukes. Not to mention that the vocal cord parasites would now be out in the wild, and all it seems to take to change their voice imprint to another language is an infected individual strapped to a chair with a foreign language tape speaking down their neck. All those corpses would make getting some for your own use really easy after all!

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 27, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I apologize for what I have caused

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

I apologize for what I have caused
The hooded man who sold the thread.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Weird rear end gimmick

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Pat reading an ad for the loving Inhumans show messed me up.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pat reading an ad for the loving Inhumans show messed me up.
I'm listening to him talk about the double trouble of being short and balding, I'm loving dying here. Chewie and Fuckface have the best podcasts.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I was so excited to see their reaction to BATTLE MURALS :allears:

The last 10 minutes of the new Gettin' Up episode is a new low in terms of "Matt and Woolie never read objectives then get mad at the game".

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 28, 2017

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Tupperwarez posted:

I'm listening to him talk about the double trouble of being short and balding, I'm loving dying here. Chewie and Fuckface have the best podcasts.

Pat talking about his troubles finding pants of his size was amusing because I'm the same height, also chubby and literally just went shopping for new jeans since I wore down my bottoms of my last pairs because they're were just a bit too long.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Pat talking about his troubles finding pants of his size was amusing because I'm the same height, also chubby and literally just went shopping for new jeans since I wore down my bottoms of my last pairs because they're were just a bit too long.

Just shorten them?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Oxyclean posted:

have you tried buying shorts and just wearing them like pants?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrast posted:

Just grow your legs longer, idiot.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
How do neither Matt or Woolie of all people realize that Her in Ruiner has a pin of The Brand from Berserk. For the first time it's not just "like" The Brand.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Pat could eventually get a head transplant if he wanted several years from now. Dr Canavero might be able to perform a successful operation next year and make that a reality.

Then he'd be tall.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Rodyle posted:

"WHAT A THING TO SAY WHEN YOU GIVE SOMEONE A GIFT"

Policenauts may be bad but the lp is good aside from the Woolie's Thoughts On Autism segment

Oh god, I didn't start Policenauts until today and haven't even gotten like 10 minutes in. Where is this and how bad does he get?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's a really enjoyable LP if you like listening to Pat and world lore geekouts. Also still sane enough to say that Kojima is a creep.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Oh yeah, I'm still going to probably watch it, but I would prefer not to have to deal with Woolie's Hot Takes On Autism if I can reasonably skip it. Though I'm morbidly curious as to how bad he gets with it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Monathin posted:

Oh yeah, I'm still going to probably watch it, but I would prefer not to have to deal with Woolie's Hot Takes On Autism if I can reasonably skip it. Though I'm morbidly curious as to how bad he gets with it.

He doesn't deny it, if that's what you're worried about

He does say that it's basically super powers because Woolie

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Burkion posted:

He doesn't deny it, if that's what you're worried about

He does say that it's basically super powers because Woolie

Oh thank gently caress. Okay that's Stupid but like, that's the exact kind of Woolie stupid I can deal with.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It was like one episode, and you can feel Pat holding back on telling him he's dumb.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Plague made another video about Dragonball. Great. :geno:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
lol the latest episode of Policenauts is the the one where pat blows up.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

That was a good video. Thanks for linking it! ;)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is Plague implying that almost every modern action anime is garbage because stake-raising is bullshit? That's part of what I gathered on his rant.

Speaking of Dragonball, this is totally Pat: :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AULEvRG-z14

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 29, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Is Plague implying that almost every modern action anime is garbage because stake-raising is bullshit?

No?

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Grouchio posted:

Is Plague implying that almost every modern action anime is garbage because stake-raising is bullshit? That's part of what I gathered on his rant.

No and he actually addresses this fairly succinctly at the 30 minute mark.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Grouchio posted:

He's saying that when the stakes get raised and nothing changes, that's bullshit. Power level 100 dragon ball was flying around, punching and kicking, and throwing white energy balls and beams. Power level 10,000 was the same, as was power level 600,000,000.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Gettin' Up Update: Matt intentionally commits suicide for no reason then gets mad at the game by...making him start the mission again.

And naturally, ignores all objective popups again.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Gettin' Up Update: Matt intentionally commits suicide for no reason then gets mad at the game by...making him start the mission again.

And naturally, ignores all objective popups again.

Ultra Despair Tagger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnwNcl6bA9c
lmao

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

You can Feel their cringe when they delivered that.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

quote:

Whoa this is big time

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Yup. Yup yup yup. When I heard the podcast, I could see those faces and Pat leaving the room with my third eye. I hope they keep getting that ad, or something of equal value.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The Fisticuffs starting with the Scrublords intro is pure gold.
Watching this is almost depressing honestly. Also Pat sounded downright offended at the lack of Monster Hunter.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wish we had more Gripe Tracks.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Where the gently caress is Shitstorm??

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

Where the gently caress is Shitstorm??

Probably in October, where it is every year.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

hoobajoo posted:

Probably in October, where it is every year.

Didn't it always start on midnight october 1st

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Didn't it always start on midnight october 1st

No? It's never done that.