Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Lastgirl posted:

nuke twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

http://www.yourbasin.com/news/texas-denies-state-was-target-of-election-related-hacking-by-russia/821299024

quote:

AUSTIN, Texas (Local 2/Fox 24) -

A top state official is pushing back against the federal government's claim that Texas was among states whose election systems were targeted by Russian hackers ahead of the 2016 presidential election.

"At no point were any election-related systems, software, or information compromised by malicious cyber actors," Texas Secretary of State Rolando Pablos wrote in a letter to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security on Thursday.

Last week, the Department of Homeland Security said the election infrastructure of 21 states, including Texas, was targeted by Russian hackers. Being targeted does not mean that votes were changed but that a system was scanned.

Shortly after the announcement, officials in California and Wisconsin said they'd received contradictory information from the department that suggested they'd been incorrectly included on that list.

Pablos, in his letter, made a similar claim and asked the department to "correct its erroneous notification" that the state agency's website had been the target of malicious hackers. Pablos argued that federal officials had based their assessment on "incorrect information" and that an investigation by his office with the state's Department of Information Resources had found no such targeting.

"In order to restore public confidence in the integrity of our elections systems, it is imperative for DHS to further clarify the information provided," the letter says. "Our office understands that you have provided similar clarification to election officials in Wisconsin and California. We respectfully request you provide the same clarification to the State of Texas."

A Department of Homeland Security spokesman told Reuters Thursday that "additional information and clarity" had been provided to several states, and that the department stood by its assessment "that Internet-connected networks in 21 states were the target of Russian government cyber actors seeking vulnerabilities and access to U.S. election infrastructure."

But Sam Taylor, a spokesman for the Texas Secretary of State, said Friday that the issue remained unsettled.

“Our office is hoping to have a conversation with DHS in the coming days to receive additional clarification on this issue,” Taylor said.

Good thing we have the DHS to keep us safe from port scans.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Over Easy posted:

Gay living wage or gay UHC or gay USA out of everywhere

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Over Easy posted:

lol, "my tenants" get hosed

Also, being of them lgbts myself I am getting real loving tired of being a bloody shirt for these fuckers to wave around for their own self-aggrandizement.

I'm gay married, it's great. You know what would be better? Gay living wage or gay UHC or gay USA out of everywhere

Yeah, I came into following politics through LGBT politics so I would never downplay the importance of LGBT politics but I definitely am not interested in electing some Barney Frank corporate shill just because they're gay.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Landlords are counter-revolutionary.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Over Easy posted:

I'm gay married, it's great. You know what would be better? Gay living wage or gay UHC or gay USA out of everywhere

My friend, may I introduce you to Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism?

Grimoire has issued a correction as of 03:50 on Sep 30, 2017

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The same people making GBS threads on Sanders marching for peace and civil rights for 10 years were the same ones making GBS threads on Obama for community organizing.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/913859327735279621
https://twitter.com/fenianbasterd/status/913878712013197313
https://twitter.com/twerkrobot/status/913876276439601152

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

The longer a technology has been around, the more it sucks.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Zoran posted:

Lisa Talmadge has a terminal case of the brain worms, and there's only one humane treatment.

Struggle sessions?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

i still haven't seen a good excuse for that email format aside from 'a study says' with no study to speak of

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

these people are center right shitlibs.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Office Pig posted:

i still haven't seen a good excuse for that email format aside from 'a study says' with no study to speak of

presumably the same kind of data analysis that allowed hillary clinton to become president

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/twitersgoodboy/status/913831229228748800

#democrats #brand #resist

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

loving god drat it bolling, I know he turned around on it but gently caress

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i too think tom the dancing bug and dan savage are equally worthy of mockery, twitter dude

(:wtc:)

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Grimoire posted:

they should have sent a poet

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Grimoire posted:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
blocked by Osteen, Stein, Jane Sanders

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Spring Break My Heart posted:

blocked by Osteen, Stein, Jane Sanders

I heard that Jane Sanders personally dyed prison uniforms pink on her luxury tour of Joe Arpaio's open air concentration camps for pretty much people who are not white.

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 06:40 on Sep 30, 2017

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's really funny when Hillary people go after Jane Sanders because that's the poo poo they resent the GOP doing to Hillary in the 90's.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Basically what I'm saying is Jane Sanders is the most qualified candidate in history.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Leaving institutions before they crumble is how most executives move up.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Leaving institutions before they crumble is how most executives move up.

thats what hillary did to the us government

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bankrupting a college prevents tens of thousands of students from being burdened with debt. Jane Sanders clearly did the right thing.

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

I am unlikely to vote for noted government position candidate, Jane Sanders

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Me and Burnie have the same hair style :kimchi:

LOVE YOU MAN

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

white sauce posted:

Me and Burnie have the same hair style :kimchi:

LOVE YOU MAN

Same minus the sideburns

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Deadbeat Drifters on the Dole is the name of my folk punk band

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It sounds kind of like a 50s monster movie title to me

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/EricBoehlert/status/914123864447340544

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

wow bush DOES care about black people, thank u shareblue

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://news.mongabay.com/2017/09/meet-the-new-bernie-sanders-spider/

quote:

everal newly discovered spider species have been named in honor of US Senator Bernie Sanders and other outspoken supporters of human rights and climate action.

Together with four of his undergraduate students, Ingi Agnarsson, a spider expert and professor of biology at the University of Vermont (Sanders’ home state), described 15 new spiders in a paper published by the Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society this week.

“This was an undergraduate research project,” Agnarsson said in a statement. “In naming these spiders, the students and I wanted to honor people who stood up for both human rights and warned about climate change — leaders and artists who promoted sensible approaches for a better world.”

All 15 of the new species belong to the genus Spintharus and are known as “smiley-faced” spiders because of the patterning on their abdomens that resemble a smiley face.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

see, EB gets it. He gets it, alright. Trump is sui generis, an anomaly in our politics who DOES NOT represent the nature of our esteemed gentlefolk colleagues in the Republican Party, like George W Bush, who prayer bombed a devastated New Orleans from the Air Force 1.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Spintharus berniesandersi!!!!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bernie Spinthanders

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

v disappointed its not spintharus berniewouldvewonsi

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/crushingbort/status/914151975599710209

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Over Easy posted:

lol, "my tenants" get hosed

Also, being of them lgbts myself I am getting real loving tired of being a bloody shirt for these fuckers to wave around for their own self-aggrandizement.

ITs cool to get married. its NOT okay to have affordable prep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
http://i.imgur.com/OEziFGk.gifv

• Locked thread