Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Hey friends, sorry to post off topic. But last month there was superannuation chat that I can't find now. Which was the best Australian super fund?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

That's the position that real estate agent and investor, Bella Exposito finds herself in after going all in and buying up 19 properties in the Queensland mining town of Moranbah.

"About 70 per cent of my wages is going out on mortgage repayments, and rates are on top of that cost. It makes me feel sick and very angry," she says.

lol eat poo poo

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009

Dude McAwesome posted:

Hey friends, sorry to post off topic. But last month there was superannuation chat that I can't find now. Which was the best Australian super fund?

Rough consensus was Australian Super if you want an industry fund, Australian Ethical if you don't, if I'm remembering right.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Dude McAwesome posted:

Sunsuper for cheap as cheap can be index funds through Vanguard, if you are that way inclined.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Had a friend's birthday in Richmond last night. Had eggs and pizza thrown at us by a couple of racist dickheads. The usual Friday night.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Those Qld projects are astonishing, but we might need to hold the horses there, I want to see what the state election throws up. Given both Qld and WA's penchant for playing the meanies from Canberra trick because it works every loving time, I agree it's probably narrower than we'd hope.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Dude McAwesome posted:

Had the same experience, the conversation starts on page 72:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3828600&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=72

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Polling is indicating the Greens are going to get the Northcote seat in the Victoria state lower house, which I think(?) put's labour at only +1 in the lower house.

I guess house prices going ever up helped in that regard.

My house has gone from 400K to worth 700k in 4 years. I'd like to move closer to work, but that means buying a house that's gone from 600k to 1 million in 4 years too. First World Problems I know.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Comstar posted:

Polling is indicating the Greens are going to get the Northcote seat in the Victoria state lower house, which I think(?) put's labour at only +1 in the lower house.

I guess house prices going ever up helped in that regard.

My house has gone from 400K to worth 700k in 4 years. I'd like to move closer to work, but that means buying a house that's gone from 600k to 1 million in 4 years too. First World Problems I know.

:getout: baby boomer swine.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Kafka Syrup posted:

Rough consensus was Australian Super if you want an industry fund, Australian Ethical if you don't, if I'm remembering right.

Chadzok posted:

Sunsuper for cheap as cheap can be index funds through Vanguard, if you are that way inclined.

Thanks all. :)

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I'm really happy that Bernardi being a poo poo about fundraising has raised $270000 to provide education to African women.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-29/bernardi-dress-backlash-generates-record-donations-for-charity/8999792

Also thanks Cory, for drawing nation wide attention to boys wearing dresses/yourself being an idiot.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Zenithe posted:

I'm really happy that Bernardi being a poo poo about fundraising has raised $270000 to provide education to African women.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-29/bernardi-dress-backlash-generates-record-donations-for-charity/8999792

Also thanks Cory, for drawing nation wide attention to boys wearing dresses/yourself being an idiot.

It's funny how whenever one of those fucks says something is outrageous it backfires on them hilariously. They have a whinge about boys in dresses, the charity organising breaks fundraising records. They have a whinge about a musician, the song in question rises to number one on the charts.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

gay picnic defence posted:

It's funny how whenever one of those fucks says something is outrageous it backfires on them hilariously. They have a whinge about boys in dresses, the charity organising breaks fundraising records. They have a whinge about a musician, the song in question rises to number one on the charts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...number-one.html

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Speaking of backfiring outrageously:

https://twitter.com/9NewsAUS/status/913997795757043712

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Most people would have voted by now, he'd be better to donate it to GetUp or something to help turf out the libs next year

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

I guess Alastair MacGibbon doesn't watch the footy because he's busy poo poo-posting on Twitter attempting to defend data retention:

https://twitter.com/macgibbon/status/914000671677988865
https://twitter.com/macgibbon/status/914002689691762689
https://twitter.com/macgibbon/status/914004120213766144

How can someone be this narrow-minded and clueless? Probably explains why he was appointed special advisor.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

gay picnic defence posted:

Most people would have voted by now, he'd be better to donate it to GetUp or something to help turf out the libs next year

Non-binding postal plebiscite. There's a lot more work to do. Even if they play fair there will still be work in trying to protest against the "allowed to discriminate" rules they'll bring in.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

cheese-cube posted:

I guess Alastair MacGibbon doesn't watch the footy because he's busy poo poo-posting on Twitter attempting to defend data retention:

https://twitter.com/macgibbon/status/914000671677988865
https://twitter.com/macgibbon/status/914002689691762689
https://twitter.com/macgibbon/status/914004120213766144

How can someone be this narrow-minded and clueless? Probably explains why he was appointed special advisor.

I would like to point out that poo poo for brains here is a political appointment and not the fault of the public service.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Whitlam posted:

Had a friend's birthday in Richmond last night. Had eggs and pizza thrown at us by a couple of racist dickheads. The usual Friday night.

which state cause this sounds like every suburb named richmond

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

TheIllestVillain posted:

which state cause this sounds like every suburb named richmond

As a resident of SA Richmond I'm going to object since we have a trendy hipster cafe in a warehouse and pretty much nothing else.

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy
Nothing like a its ok to say no ad just after the grand final, can only imagine how much that would have cost

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Luckily nobody watched after the game. The Tigers fans are off to get plastered and the Crows fans to get necked.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Scarecow posted:

Nothing like a its ok to say no ad just after the grand final, can only imagine how much that would have cost

I still can't believe gambling ads are allowed in 2017

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yo

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

https://twitter.com/carolinemarcus/status/914037149531385856

Oh joy.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

AFL better than NRL confirmed.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Zenithe posted:

AFL better than NRL confirmed.
*throws bananas at indigenous players*

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Isn't the decision to play the ad made by the broadcaster? Does the actual NRL get any say? I need to know where I should send my glitter.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The Killers played Forgotten Years by Midnight Oil at the grand final

quote:

Few of the sins of the father, are visited upon the son
Hearts have been hard, our hands have been clenched in a fist too long
Our sons will never be soldiers, our daughters will never need guns
These are the yrs between
These are the yrs that were hard fought and won
Contracts torn at the edges, old signatures stained with tears
Seasons of war and peace, these should not be forgotten yaers
Still it aches like tetanus, it reeks of politics
How many dreams remain? This is a feeling too strong to contain
The hardest years, the darkest yrs, the roarin' yrs, the fallen yrs
These should not be forgotten yrs
The hardest yrs, the wildest yrs, the desperate and divided yrs
We will remember, these should not be forgotten yrs
Our shoreline was never invaded, our country was never in flames
This is the calm we breathe, this is a feeling too strong to contain
Still it aches like tetanus, it reeks of politics
Signatures stained with tears, who can remember
We've got to remember
The hardest...
Forsaking aching breaking yrs, the time and tested heartbreak yrs
These should not be forgotten yrs
The blinded yrs, the binded yrs, the desperate and divided yrs
These should not be forgotten yrs, remember

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The Killers played Forgotten Years by Midnight Oil at the grand final

Yeah but see this isn't about The Gays so it's Acceptably Political™, like when Cold Chisel played Khe Sanh a couple years back.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

So the ad was on Sky and it details the shocking things done to no supporters such as:

calling someone a homophobic maggot on facebook
calling someone a prehistoric bigot on facebook
calling them sad people on facebook

:qqsay:

There was one thing which seemed even mildly offensive (saying they should have their teeth kicked in).

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Zenithe posted:

So the ad was on Sky and it details the shocking things done to no supporters such as:

There was one thing which seemed even mildly offensive (saying they should have their teeth kicked in).

They should tho

Fauxbot
Jan 20, 2009

I need more wine.
australian bigots have got to be some of the most thin-skinned whingers in human history lol

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Excuse me sir, I have the right to be a bigot but you don't have the right to call me one.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Zenithe posted:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Zenithe posted:

Would pay to see Sarah Hansen Young's or Penny Wong's facebook message inbox and replies to their posts; I'd imagine there'd be a few mega offensive things that got sent today.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Sep 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

The no campaign is so loving slimy. It would actually be less sickening if they just went with the usual more aggressively bigoted arguments against gay marriage rather than playing at being the persecuted minority.

Zenithe posted:

Last week the front page story in the community newspaper was about one of the candidates in the local election complaining about being "trolled" (people criticising her for lovely behaviour). I'll see if I can find a copy. For boomers getting owned on facebook is both incredibly relatable and the most pressing human rights issue imaginable so expect whinging about it to become the uniting principle of the right.

• Locked thread