Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

This is absolutely the laziest possible political cartoon I've ever seen that wasn't a blank panel. I'm genuinely impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Filthy Haiku posted:

This is absolutely the laziest possible political cartoon I've ever seen that wasn't a blank panel. I'm genuinely impressed.
A big part of me thinks it's all Hefner deserves.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Starving Wolf posted:

Good news everyone:

:peanut:

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Whenever I read an accusation about blood libel I can't help but laugh when the very serious accusation of the kidnapping and murder of children is followed by the accusation that the blood is used to make matzos.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

420 Gank Mid posted:

Here I thought it was christians who were known for ritualized cannibalism

I have a feeling that's the point. Like "we do it as a serious meditation, and they're perverting our sacred ritual because they're jealous of our salvation."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What?

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Trump, like Reagan, will have to raise taxes, or else his tax plan will be unsustainable.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

"Godammit! They still have health care!!" is more accurate.

londonarbuckle
Feb 23, 2017

Two-Face got fat and also owns a magic mirror with Ronald Reagan in it

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

This is just pathetic.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Is Winslow still supposed to be a liberal?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Pakled posted:

The UK-style liberal probably - aka a Conservative that likes the "free market" part, if not the "ban the gays" part.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Pakled posted:

Yes.

Nothing ever changes in Prickly City after all.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Winslow is whatever sort of foil Stantis needs him to be since Stantis himself has little in the way of real conviction.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Samurai Sanders posted:

A big part of me thinks it's all Hefner deserves.

Maybe, but he wasn't all tits and rear end:

After the Charles Beaumont science fiction short story "The Crooked Man" was rejected by Esquire magazine in 1955, Hefner agreed to publish the story in Playboy. The story highlighted straight men being persecuted in a world where homosexuality was the norm. After the magazine received angry letters, Hefner wrote a response to criticism where he said, "If it was wrong to persecute heterosexuals in a homosexual society then the reverse was wrong, too." In 1961, Hefner watched Dick Gregory perform at the Herman Roberts Show Bar in Chicago. Based on that performance, Hefner hired Gregory to work at the Chicago Playboy Club; Gregory attributed the subsequent launch of his career to that night.

During the civil rights era in 1966, Hefner sent African-American Alex Haley to interview George Lincoln Rockwell, much to Rockwell's surprise because Haley was black. Rockwell had founded the American Nazi Party and would be later described by some as the "American Hitler". Rockwell agreed to meet with Haley only after gaining assurance from the Playboy writer that he was not Jewish, although Rockwell kept a handgun on the table throughout the interview. The interview was recreated in Roots: The Next Generations, with James Earl Jones as Haley and Marlon Brando as Rockwell.[22] Haley had also interviewed Malcolm X in 1963 and Martin Luther King Jr. in 1966 for the newly established 1962 "playboy interview".

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
Hefner wasn't that smart. I once spent hours with him discussing Christa Speck. He disagreed when I said she was ugly, that Speck is unfappable now. He kept pointing to the girl's historical importance, which I didn't dispute.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

VideoGameVet posted:

Someone linked a William Buckley diatribe against him on a previous page. The great thinker of American Conservatives obviously had to resort to "what's next, rights for necrophiliacs and furries bestiality-fans?"

The other thing to remember is that:

1. We wouldn't have society as we know it without the sexual revolution of the 60's-70's.

2. The people at the forefront of said revolution were much more concerned with bucking / destroying the restraining sexual mores of their time than they were with creating a new and constructive (positive-consent based) set of sexual ethics. That's more of an 80's-90's thing.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Sep 30, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zemyla posted:

Hefner wasn't that smart. I once spent hours with him discussing Christa Speck. He disagreed when I said she was ugly, that Speck is unfappable now. He kept pointing to the girl's historical importance, which I didn't dispute.

I mean, she's been dead since 2013 so I guess technically she's unfappable now, but otherwise a simple GIS will prove you wrong.

Yes I know it's a Ted Rall joke.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

This will be as accurate as Stantis' GOP race predictions.

Also, Pence is as big a monster as Trump, and I'm really not looking forward to the way people are going to treat a hypothetical Pence administration as some kind of return to normalcy.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Wholesome as gently caress. I was really worried with how this arc started that it was gonna end somewhere depressing.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

The same comic with the same joke about the same topic over and over and over.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fathis Munk posted:

The same comic with the same joke about the same topic over and over and over.

Well be fair, the Trump Presidency has been so quiet and unspectacular that it is hard to find any material to mine for comics.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Also, Pence is as big a monster as Trump, and I'm really not looking forward to the way people are going to treat a hypothetical Pence administration as some kind of return to normalcy.

It would be a kind of normalcy, though, because while Pence is a monster he's an extremely obvious and predictable one.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
No Playmates is a bit loving judgemental.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Execution of Nguyễn Văn Lém

quote:

Around 4:30 A.M., Lém led a sabotage unit along with Viet Cong tanks to attack the Armor Camp in Go Vap. After communist troops took control of the base, Lém arrested Lieutenant Colonel Nguyen Tuan with his family and forced him to show them how to drive tanks. When Lieutenant Colonel Tuan refused to cooperate, Lém killed Tuan, his wife and six children and his 80-year-old mother by cutting their throats. There was only one survivor, a seriously injured 10-year-old boy.

Lém was captured near a mass grave with 34 civilian bodies. Lém admitted that he was proud to carry out his unit leader's order to kill these people. Having personally witnessed the murder of one of his officers along with that man's wife and three small children in cold blood, when Lém was captured and brought to him, General Loan summarily executed him using his sidearm, a .38 Special Smith & Wesson Model 38 "Bodyguard" revolver, in front of AP photographer Eddie Adams and NBC News television cameraman Vo Suu. The photograph and footage were broadcast worldwide, galvanizing the anti-war movement.

"Trump military buildup" summarily executes "Social safety net" for murdering innocents. A Did Not Think Through The Methaphor Cartoon.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"Look I'm sorry, it's a BABY, you simply can't call it a 'golden' shower!"~ Toles' editor

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I know it was explained before that heaven is just the lazy default place to show dead people in cartoons but lol at him being in heaven for spending his whole life doing all the things that are not allowed in heaven.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Somfin posted:

Wholesome as gently caress. I was really worried with how this arc started that it was gonna end somewhere depressing.

Yeah, honestly the way she was being portrayed before, I was really expecting the setup to be he was being good so she could be an rear end in a top hat to him some more.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Tinsley... why is she just standing there staring at the viewer?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

VideoGameVet posted:

After the Charles Beaumont science fiction short story "The Crooked Man" was rejected by Esquire magazine in 1955, Hefner agreed to publish the story in Playboy. The story highlighted straight men being persecuted in a world where homosexuality was the norm. After the magazine received angry letters, Hefner wrote a response to criticism where he said, "If it was wrong to persecute heterosexuals in a homosexual society then the reverse was wrong, too." In 1961, Hefner watched Dick Gregory perform at the Herman Roberts Show Bar in Chicago. Based on that performance, Hefner hired Gregory to work at the Chicago Playboy Club; Gregory attributed the subsequent launch of his career to that night.

During the civil rights era in 1966, Hefner sent African-American Alex Haley to interview George Lincoln Rockwell, much to Rockwell's surprise because Haley was black. Rockwell had founded the American Nazi Party and would be later described by some as the "American Hitler". Rockwell agreed to meet with Haley only after gaining assurance from the Playboy writer that he was not Jewish, although Rockwell kept a handgun on the table throughout the interview. The interview was recreated in Roots: The Next Generations, with James Earl Jones as Haley and Marlon Brando as Rockwell.[22] Haley had also interviewed Malcolm X in 1963 and Martin Luther King Jr. in 1966 for the newly established 1962 "playboy interview".

He also sexually abused a lot of women: http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2017/09/28/how_hugh_hefner_s_complicated_legacy_got_cast_as_female_sexual_liberation.html

It's interesting that all the people you mentioned him being helpful towards are men, and I think that sums him up pretty well: he was helpful towards men while degrading and objectifying women for profit and personal gain.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Sep 30, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lena Dunham has apparently expressed interest, or so Twitter claims

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tinsley's Hillary Clinton caricature has got to be one of the worst I've ever seen, not because it's offensive or something, but because I'd have literally no idea who it was supposed to be without context.

Like if you showed me that my first guess would probably be Elton John.

e:

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 30, 2017

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Theresa May and the Conservative conference – The Conservative party risks permanently losing the support of younger voters unless Theresa May urgently tackles the challenges faced by the squeezed generation, the former Tory cabinet minister David Willetts has said" Also M&S, Aldi and Lidl suspend buying from chicken plant that fiddles kill dates

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Rembrandt.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

He also sexually abused a lot of women: http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2017/09/28/how_hugh_hefner_s_complicated_legacy_got_cast_as_female_sexual_liberation.html

It's interesting that all the people you mentioned him being helpful towards are men, and I think that sums him up pretty well: he was helpful towards men while degrading and objectifying women for profit and personal gain.

Pretty much the sexual revolution in a nutshell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Just give me a minute to tweet about these CLOWNS in Parliament

• Locked thread