Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Peven Stan posted:

Eating less meat? Some people I know eat meat at every meal. It's staggering, considering that in the early 20th century a whole chicken costs around $20 in inflation adjusted dollars.

Do you think the American people are entitled to a right to be able to eat as much meat as possible?

something something free market dictates blah blah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Peven Stan posted:

Eating less meat? Some people I know eat meat at every meal. It's staggering, considering that in the early 20th century a whole chicken costs around $20 in inflation adjusted dollars.

Do you think the American people are entitled to a right to be able to eat as much meat as possible?

it doesn't matter what i think anyone is entitled to. the question is about viability not ethical diet choices, but i'm guessing you're avoiding that because you don't have a practical solution.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Bosch posted:

something something free market dictates blah blah

Use ag subsidies to promote healthy eating and sustainable food culture, not cheap industrial meat that crushes the earth so a McChicken can cost $1.15

skylined! posted:

it doesn't matter what i think anyone is entitled to. the question is about viability not ethical diet choices, but i'm guessing you're avoiding that because you don't have a practical solution.

Somehow people on the indian subcontinent get by with much less meat than the average american, must not be a viable way of living without shoveling tendies down my gaping maw.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Meat production is incredibly harmful to the environment and there is no reason to eat meat other than I like to

If everyone stopped eating beef we'd probably be better off overall in regards to climate change

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
shocker, look who else is on the poo poo train, choo choo

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/914150862238441473

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Notice I'm not even saying people should cut out meat altogether, tell Americans to eat less meat and they get triggered instantly lmao

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

nine-gear crow posted:

While I was driving to class at my university one day I had a deer come flying out of the bushes and slam into the side of my car. Not the hood, the passenger door. The thing was going faster than I was driving and I'd swore it'd killed itself it hit so hard. When I looked back in the rear view mirror, the thing just bounded away back into the bushes on the other side of the road like it never even happened.

Deer are incredible shitheads.

It was probably a young buck getting overly rowdy during mating season.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Peven Stan posted:

Use ag subsidies to promote healthy eating and sustainable food culture, not cheap industrial meat that crushes the earth so a McChicken can cost $1.15

Somehow people on the indian subcontinent get by with much less meat than the average american, must not be a viable way of living without shoveling tendies down my gaping maw.

please walk me through your thesis that describes how we, overnight, change the eating habits of a populous that voted donald trump into office

i agree with the ethical (and medical, as it relates to antibiotics; and environmental) concerns you're trying to make. it does not mean they are remotely practical to immediately solve for, especially with a law that just outright bans the way a major industry operates.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

I once had a watermelon in the passenger seat of my car when a deer ran across the road, I slammed on the breaks, didn't hit the deer but my watermelon went flying forward and busted against the glove compartment. That's my deer story, hope you enjoyed it.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

My grandfather served as a deer in World War 2.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I eat a lot of meat and there's nothing wrong with that.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

skylined! posted:

Do you have to provide practical solutions to point out problems? I mean the meat industry is a massive problem and I don't think you could fit the 'solution' into a forum post. It would take years to fix and involves a large number of moving parts.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

skylined! posted:

please walk me through your thesis that describes how we, overnight, change the eating habits of a populous that voted donald trump into office

i agree with the ethical (and medical, as it relates to antibiotics; and environmental) concerns you're trying to make. it does not mean they are remotely practical to immediately solve for, especially with a law that just outright bans the way a major industry operates.

Eating habits are dictated by economics. People will substitute one protein for another if the one they want gets too expensive. See for example how chicken dethroned beef as the dominant dead animal product for most Americans.

Note that all this changes if lab grown meat ever becomes economically and environmentally feasible. Then by all means eat as much vat grown tissue as you want.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Peven Stan posted:

This is a good idea, straight up banning anything but free range meat is an impractical idea and probably not constitutional on the federal level, Kucinich is a moonbat. Glad we're all on the same page.

Also it's hilarious that the Federal Reserve gets all of the attention and hate that it does, when the impact of monetary policy on any individual person's life is so far outweighed by the impact of fiscal policy, but for some reason the people responsible for loving up our fiscal policy and using it for unadulterated evil would prefer we be angry at the (((Central bankers))).

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
I hunt when I can & usually stock up on venison. I don't think that's a bad thing.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/768119463421943808

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Oxxidation posted:

Anyone who thinks deer are cute have never had to suffer their presence for more than a week. Hideous animals.

Reintroduce wolves, bears, and mountain lions wherever deer live: problem solved.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

lmao if you dont have a mealworm culture room in your house where you rear all the protein you could ever want and save yourself thousands a year in groceries

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Calibanibal posted:

lmao if you dont have a mealworm culture room in your house where you rear all the protein you could ever want and save yourself thousands a year in groceries

you're my favorite poster please never stop

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

How is Trump going to go to PR without being swarmed by angry people?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

shocker, look who else is on the poo poo train, choo choo

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/914150862238441473

I love how a lot of americans are just realizing PR exists.
Its as if everthing south of Florida is Cubaland.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I think people should cut out meat all together.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

bobjr posted:

Same as he did in Texas, land at a rich people hotel, meet and shake hands with the local rich people, and praise himself for doing so.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Hollismason posted:

Nope nope nope

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Hollismason posted:

You're wrong. Meat is good.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

bobjr posted:

He Won't.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Listen, you show me the technology is there for the Living Skeletonization Process and I'll be the first one to cut out all my meat

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

QuoProQuid posted:

Bad news coverage.

CNN was playing remarks by the Mayor of San Juan earlier.
Sure but he doesn't watch CNN.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

bobjr posted:

As long as he continues loving things up it's hard for people without power who are standing in line for half a day to get food, water and fuel to read tweets.

Edit: The flaw in the plan is of course a rich white man reading those tweets to people standing in line so he can ask them about the tweets while rocking the poo poo out of a black t-shirt.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
17 years a veggietarian here and my colon is so clean you could smuggle small immigrants over the border with.

Which is my part time job coincidentally.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

17 yrs as a meat eater and I guess my colon is all gunked up with meat poop yet I'm not dead of sepsis

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah it's just a bullshit reason people eat meat. If 50 percent of the US were vegetarian , Global Warning wouldn't exist.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Burt Buckle posted:

Do you have to provide practical solutions to point out problems?

this is a loaded question that asks something i did not put forth

quote:

I mean the meat industry is a massive problem and I don't think you could fit the 'solution' into a forum post. It would take years to fix and involves a large number of moving parts.

that's kind of the point. go back and read through the progression of conversation, bud.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I think "save the meat for dinner" has a decent shot at working as a first step in America.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Let's look to India, the land of healthy people for what we should eat.

Also we're not really designed to eat nothing but plants. You can DO it, but a balanced diet is much better. You're just going to end up replacing all those calories with grain, sugar, and soy.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Calibanibal posted:

17 yrs as a meat eater and I guess my colon is all gunked up with meat poop yet I'm not dead of sepsis

The whole "meat rots in your gut" thing is a total myth and actually backwards. Our digestive system is very efficient at processing meat, veggies are the things that literally rot in our guts (and create gas) because our body can only break down so much of them. This doesn't mean veggies are bad for our system of course, just want to correct that bullshit vegan myth. Eat real food and stay away from processed crap.

https://www.bowelcancerfoundation.org.nz/single-post/2015/05/28/10-foods-that-rot-in-your-colon

But yes, the meat and agriculture industry at large are still loving the planet.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Dinner should be the lightest meal of the day probably

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
God, I can't even, the survival of my people is a loving political arguement now. Millions will die because a fat idiots ego got hurt when brown people asked for more help. And because America is a racist shithole: his base is loving every second of this terror.

My people are being genocided against as we speak, but politicans will do nothing.

God drat it. Just gently caress.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Let's look to India, the land of healthy people for what we should eat.

Also we're not really designed to eat nothing but plants. You can DO it, but a balanced diet is much better. You're just going to end up replacing all those calories with grain, sugar, and soy.

True. We have evolved as very flexible omnivores. I we had a separate course about it in med school this year, and it's actually really cool how the body has pathways to process nutrients from each source so that you can have necessary stuff like cholesterol, glucose, calcium, sodium and other substances in the right amount and the right place.

If only memorizing all of those pathways and their steps wasn't such a chore...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Snaps
Jul 27, 2003

Maintol!

Hollismason posted:

That's how I procure mine, by cutting it out of my victims.

• Locked thread