Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Starting in on this SDCC show and the boys are feisty to kick it off, jeeze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I've been going through that gigantic 500 video playlist of TAZ animatics and I found this one which I hadn't see before and I don't think it's been posted in here. It's really good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MARAQPkTfBM

Also I hope you've all seen "Hey Brother" which is the best TAZ video out there.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Asiina posted:

Also I hope you've all seen "Hey Brother" which is the best TAZ video out there.

The Brian/Bryan conclusion from episode 4 is, so far, easily my favourite.

Though I AM only on episode 6, so I have a way to go.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The Brian/Bryan conclusion from episode 4 is, so far, easily my favourite.

Though I AM only on episode 6, so I have a way to go.

There are approximately 100 animatics of that moment.

Don't go looking for them though, or watch that video I posted, or especially the one I mentioned cause spoilers ahoy.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Could you link to that giant playlist you're talking about?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Asiina posted:

as good as that is, I think I prefer this'n

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=temd3Sy-0Fk

edit: man I remember wondering partway through either the 11th hour or the suffering game "hmm I wonder if griffin just forgot about the mysterious gift badges"

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Sep 30, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Asiina posted:

There are approximately 100 animatics of that moment.

Don't go looking for them though, or watch that video I posted, or especially the one I mentioned cause spoilers ahoy.

Oh, I already watched it, as well as the Don't Let's Start one (yay TMBG! :toot:) but I can't really make out too much from it, story-wise.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Aw, but it's so much cooler when you don't know what's gonna happen next.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ariong posted:

Aw, but it's so much cooler when you don't know what's gonna happen next.

It's ok! I couldn't tell you one thing that I saw from either video! I'm bad like that.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Before I caught up to wonderland I saw some fan art and was thoroughly confused, it didn't give anything away. But when I got to the moments referenced it was cool to already have a mental image that clicked.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Oh, well maybe it actually makes it better then. Yeah!

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/914141923157463040

Oofa Doofa!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Could you link to that giant playlist you're talking about?

500+ videos (although there are some repeats)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrTqAYyMh0rz7_4HHsacvZX-Fts7Mjm-X

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/914144638889578496

aw right in the Minkus!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Travis looks like he literally just stepped off an early/mid 90's sitcom set

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

It is eerie, the degree to which Justin's face was set early.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Arsenic Lupin posted:

He's got Benjamin Button disease

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
I've been out of the McElroy loop for a while and I don't know if I'll ever finish the first arc/season/whatever of TAZ, but have they said anything about the next arc yet? LIke who'll be DMing or when it starts?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

da beeper king BABY posted:

I've been out of the McElroy loop for a while and I don't know if I'll ever finish the first arc/season/whatever of TAZ, but have they said anything about the next arc yet? LIke who'll be DMing or when it starts?

They're doing some smaller stories for a few episodes each while they try out new settings and game systems. Next up is a FATE variant superhero setting with Clint as the DM.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

da beeper king BABY posted:

Clint/superhero theme/fate system/next week? I think next week at least

E: :argh:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The first ep is supposed to be a character/world-building episode before they get into the story, right?

Listening to that is gonna be fun, I think. Clint in a position of power sounds like it could make for some good poo poo after all the "Merle is incompetent and Clint doesn't know how dice work" of TAZ.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Nice, trying a couple of different campaigns out is a great idea. Clint as DM will definitely be interesting.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
That artist who did the great video of Taako scamming Garfield The Deals Warlock did the sequel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTJ6aq8x2Co

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Eox posted:

lmao if you don't imagine them as Justin in a wizard hat, Clint without shins and Travis' head on The Rocks body.

would you rather do Trav-head, Rock-body, or Rock-head, Trav-body?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Justin is just one of those people who looks the same their entire life. Like, the other two go through some radical changes, but with every picture of Justin I've seen it's like "yup, that's Justin!" He is eternal.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
whats this from? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHH3s5u_2bc

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Huh, weird, the whole episode used to be up on youtube but I can't find it anymore. I guess it's a side effect of when Seeso sold it. Anyway it's from their TV show that they did that came out at I think the start of the year, it's on itunes and... some other places. I can't remember the name of the network it got sold to.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
"tarantulas & travis did a hit" is the episode name.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The show is free on VRV or something

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Organza Quiz posted:

Huh, weird, the whole episode used to be up on youtube but I can't find it anymore. I guess it's a side effect of when Seeso sold it. Anyway it's from their TV show that they did that came out at I think the start of the year, it's on itunes and... some other places. I can't remember the name of the network it got sold to.

It's not on itunes in the US, but it's available for free through the parent company of Crunchyroll I think.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Oct 1, 2017

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Here's the direct link to watch the entire first season plus bonus clips: https://vrv.co/series/GRMGZ124R/My-Brother-My-Brother-and-Me

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Need to find a way to watch the bonus clips outside the US.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
I hope that Garfield the Deals Warlock bailing on the Balance world means that he will be a recurring character and that the Fantasy CostCo will become sort of like a hub linking all of the worlds they create (as it would be the place ALL the characters do their shopping for Cool poo poo and also as a way to keep audience submissions coming in)

And in the end, the final true Boss of The Adventure Zone is Garfield, driven mad(der) by the constant replaying of the Fantasy CostCo tune :allears:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

El Padrino posted:

I hope that Garfield the Deals Warlock bailing on the Balance world means that he will be a recurring character and that the Fantasy CostCo will become sort of like a hub linking all of the worlds they create (as it would be the place ALL the characters do their shopping for Cool poo poo and also as a way to keep audience submissions coming in)

And in the end, the final true Boss of The Adventure Zone is Garfield, driven mad(der) by the constant replaying of the Fantasy CostCo tune :allears:

i don't think any of the other guys can really do the voice, so i'd rather it stay as just a griffin thing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Roobanguy posted:

i don't think any of the other guys can really do the voice, so i'd rather it stay as just a griffin thing.

No see Fantasy Costco is a multi-dimensional plane. Every Garfield is different but share an essence of the Deals Magic.
Some say there is a Garfield that is a living statue, others tell of one that has the body of a beautiful woman.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Garfield the Deals Cyborg at Cyberpunk Costco

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

No see Fantasy Costco is a multi-dimensional plane. Every Garfield is different but share an essence of the Deals Magic.
Some say there is a Garfield that is a living statue, others tell of one that has the body of a beautiful woman.

"I'm Garfoil the deal rustler, Garfields younger brother who sounds exactly like Travis McElroy for some reason! Welcome to Western Costco!"

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Oct 3, 2017

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
"Ravel Puzzlewell/Randall Flagg, but it's Garfield the Deals Warlock" is a pretty cool idea.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Roobanguy posted:

"I'm Garfoil the deal rustler, Garfields younger brother who sounds exactly like Travis McElroy for some reason! Welcome to Western Costco!"

This would be hilarious. Western CostCo is also a VERY exciting mental image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't help but feel like a sizable portion of the diehard TAZ fandom is gonna drop off once the new arc(s) start, and that might not be the worst thing in the world. Just start from 0.