Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Liquid Drink posted:

this is the version with microtransactions lol

Ha ha ha! Lol!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

i always really liked the IX overworld music, its almost sad and pretty low-key compared to the usually very boisterous adventuring music found throughout the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6wPtSRvHak

This is a cool track, makes me want to get this

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

hell yess

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Ha ha ha! Lol!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the beginning of the tgs announcment was just melodies of life over a blank screen and i was really excited until i realized it was just gonna be the pc version on ps4

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's the best one in the series. It's basically perfect.

The prima guide for 9 was real bad. That's my biggest complaint about the game.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In Training posted:

i always really liked the IX overworld music, its almost sad and pretty low-key compared to the usually very boisterous adventuring music found throughout the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6wPtSRvHak

This and Balamb Garden were basically the only songs I played while driving in FFXV

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

This and Balamb Garden were basically the only songs I played while driving in FFXV
Eternal Wind from FF3 is an amazing overworld theme, strongly recommend it for driving in FFXV. It's also fun to play in Threatrhythm.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

GorfZaplen posted:

balamb garden ftw

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Balamb Village ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never found the VIII ost in XV :(

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The multiplayer mode for XV is coming out at the end of October

quote:

Set in a world engulfed by darkness, the expansion casts players as a member of the Kingsglaive, with powers and unique abilities invoked from various Lucian kings, who join forces to bring the Light back to the kingdom of Lucis. Other members of Noctis's crew including Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignis will be made playable in future game updates. As members of Kingsglaive, players equip royal sigils that grant special powers from the Lucian bloodline. Players can then strategize and create a balanced team to take on a variety of quests. In addition to multiplayer quests, single player quests are also available for players to enhance their characters.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did my first timed quest today and couldn't stop lolling at the new battle theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMdUxMVh5ek

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
when is XII zodiac edition coming out on steam :|

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The September update for XV coming at the end of the month, or maybe the October 31st update that will add multiplayer, is also including two tweaks to the base game: additional story content (looks like new cutscenes) and removal of the hunt quest acceptance limit

folder
Oct 9, 2016

In Training posted:

The September update for XV coming at the end of the month, or maybe the October 31st update that will add multiplayer, is also including two tweaks to the base game: additional story content (looks like new cutscenes) and removal of the hunt quest acceptance limit

yes.... YES!!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Oh wow that’s great. Probably my biggest complaint about 15 was only having one hunt active at a time. Really looking forward to this multiplayer.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I never understand stuff like that lol. It always becomes a big selling point of patches/updates (or incremebtal sequels like pokemon) that they removed something arbitrary and annoying as gently caress that should never have been in in the first place

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
some of the hunts take place in the same area so i dont really know how thats gonna work unless they moved them all around

like i think most of the hunts given at that annoying pier restaurant are at the exact same place on the other end of the beach

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

some of the hunts take place in the same area so i dont really know how thats gonna work unless they moved them all around

like i think most of the hunts given at that annoying pier restaurant are at the exact same place on the other end of the beach

I bet for those they just won't list them at the restaurant until the previous ones have been completed

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Captain gently caress Face posted:

when is XII zodiac edition coming out on steam :|

Whoa this would own

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Costlemark tower was a real bitch! I'm gonna do some more ultimate weapon quests and then take on adamantoise and probably put this down until multiplayer update goes live. And the hunt changes, if I can take on a billion now and wipe out everything in Duscae with ease I could see myself doing that for hours

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

In Training posted:

Costlemark tower was a real bitch! I'm gonna do some more ultimate weapon quests and then take on adamantoise and probably put this down until multiplayer update goes live. And the hunt changes, if I can take on a billion now and wipe out everything in Duscae with ease I could see myself doing that for hours

Have you tried the side character episodes?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh I forgot about those. How do I even access those

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Oh I forgot about those. How do I even access those

they are separate campaigns you access from the main menu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol the 2x sir tonberry fight was ridiculous

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpbUtERYOkk thinking about yuna today.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fByFORDcNLA

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
X-2 was a good game

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Basically, job based ff are the best

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

is the ipad version of fft any good? i'm sure i will want to replay it again but it would be easier mobile for me

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

from what I remember it suffered that easily fixed bug that makes everything run at like half the fps it should, summons take like a minute etc

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Just reached Neo X-Death in FFV. See you imps in the Games you Beat 2017 edition thread.

e: gently caress i wiped

Baxate fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 29, 2017

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
neo x death is a pretty good fight for the era, I always end up struggling with him in four job fiesta

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thinking about getting that PS4 version of XII....

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

i bought the steel book version but haven't even started it. i was watching my wife play and it looks great.

i've seen it on sale often already

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Just reached Neo X-Death in FFV. See you imps in the Games you Beat 2017 edition thread.

e: gently caress i wiped

I finally loving did it.

I learned about Chemist and used the first phase to cast Dragon Power and Giant Drink to power up my party so I could spam 40,000 damage Gil Tosses on Phase 2.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

In Training posted:

Same but it will be to play in the summer as there are just too many games to play :negative:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Can someone explain the differences between the sphere grid options in FFX HD? I wanna give it another shot but I remember that choice confusing me & I just picked the regular version from the ps2 game I played a million years ago. Which is better or does it not matter at all? Thanks in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The regular basically gives everybody a role/class based on where they start in the Grid. Expert let's you choose your origin point whenever somebody joins the party so you can make your party a little more flexible earlier than normal. By mid game you have enough keys and jump spheres or w/e to customize the party however you want, expert just lets you do it earlier.