Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Where's that really racist guy from last season gameday threads? I want to hear his opinion on these issues. everyone deserves a voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
6,500 people at the Pelican's open practice today. That's quite a bit more than usual. This season has more expectations than any in recent memory. Even more than the season after making the playoffs.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

The Maestro posted:

Well that's ignorant. We should all be worried about police brutality. There has been at least one instance of police mistreating a professional athlete. But I think (hope) you're being facetious anyways.

When you edit out the next line about a dude that was a victim of police brutality it makes it less clear

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Ladies and gentlemen, this evening there will be live NBA basketball to watch.

I am excited.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

tanglewood1420 posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, this evening there will be live NBA basketball to watch.

I am excited.

I can't wait to watch the second best player in the league and also KD, Steph, Klay and Dray

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I did not realize that Westbrook secured the bag on KD's birthday. Supremely petty

EvanTH posted:

Nick I heard Young Dolph got shot again is everyone in Memphis okay? I mean emotionally

It's generally believed to have been the work of new Public Enemy Number One Yo Gotti, a position once held by Mario Chalmers until he gave OKC that work in his first start and said "this is my motherfuckin house" on camera

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Kyrie Irving, Puppetmaster

https://streamable.com/kjtiq

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

he is a brain genius

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Up Circle posted:

Where's that really racist guy from last season gameday threads? I want to hear his opinion on these issues. everyone deserves a voice

Dude, he couldn't be racist, he had black friends and he made sure to tell everyone. Constantly.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I gotta say "I said a stupid thing to prove that if you say stupid things people will think you are stupid" is not very convincing. It in fact sounds like an excuse a stupid person would make while backtracking

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
It feels like things are right in the world again. Ball is life

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

A hookah bar? Is Dennis 15?

Hookah bars are really popular for NBA players for some raisin

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Maybe that too, but it's also a super German thing, really. Germany probably has more shisha joints per capita than any place outside the middle east.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

NickRoweFillea posted:

I did not realize that Westbrook secured the bag on KD's birthday. Supremely petty

The announcement was supposed to be on Sunday or whatever at their public scrimmage, but Westbrook said "let's move it up to friday".

So, yeah, very petty. lol

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I'm just catching up on summer league and was not surprised to see that the Kings are still screwing up Papagiannis' career by trying to turn him into a post up big like it's 1997 instead of unleashing him on pick and roll like he was born to do.

Yeah, a two month old hot take.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

dokmo posted:

I'm just catching up on summer league and was not surprised to see that the Kings are still screwing up Papagiannis' career by trying to turn him into a post up big like it's 1997 instead of unleashing him on pick and roll like he was born to do.

Yeah, a two month old hot take.

in nba 2016?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
https://twitter.com/melissarohlin/status/914174653421309952

Yeah this scares me.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

its definitely a bummer

but actually pop made it sound better than the people from reddit. pop made it sound like he'll be ready to go for the season, despite him specifically mentioning no time table.

plus kyle anderson played well today and once Gay is back in nba shape he's a starting caliber 3 if poo poo gets bad for kawhi.

not perfect, but not bad.

danny missed the beginning of last season and we did alright (not that danny=kawhi, but still)

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/JabariJYoung/status/914172054903119872

Yeah he's limping and waves off someone trying to film him or something, I don't like it. Walk better soon Lenny

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

https://twitter.com/JabariJYoung/status/914172054903119872

Yeah he's limping and waves off someone trying to film him or something, I don't like it. Walk better soon Lenny

my god that's the angriest I've ever seen him

shades of when Westbrook busted his knee up and looked pained but mostly angry at his body for letting him down and frustrating his efforts

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Spite posted:

Basketball content:

How many NBA agents/teams will get caught up in this FBI sweep?

I'm going with None because outside of the weird world of the NCAA it's legal to pay people for work. A bunch of Actual Federal Crimes were committed in order to get money to players, but the players themselves weren't committing any crimes by taking money. An NCAA violation isn't a crime, and I imagine it'd be very easy to tell the NCAA to go gently caress themselfs once you're in the NBA.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

It feels like things are right in the world again. Ball is life

Hookah bars are really popular for NBA players for some raisin

They are a fascinating business to me, because other than one that seems to be able to stay open, the bars die instantly the second a new one opens up. But there's always 3-4 open in town at one time, with the oldest one cycling out every six months as a new one opens.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Martell Webster making it official, I guess:

https://twitter.com/MartellWebster/status/914240377292562432

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

This is actually more dumb than if he just had said the Earth was flat.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bulls are terrorizing the chicago area by threatening to start the basketball season

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

the bulls are terrorizing the chicago area by threatening to start the basketball season

Hahaha.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

EvanTH posted:

I'm going with None because outside of the weird world of the NCAA it's legal to pay people for work. A bunch of Actual Federal Crimes were committed in order to get money to players, but the players themselves weren't committing any crimes by taking money. An NCAA violation isn't a crime, and I imagine it'd be very easy to tell the NCAA to go gently caress themselfs once you're in the NBA.

He said "agents/teams", not "players".

One agent, Andy Miller, already had his office raided and his computer seized.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Kawai's injury is a work. Just planting the seeds for so Pop can sit him whenever.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if any of you are keeping track, the Bobby Portis Memorial lovely Bull That I am Going To Be Semi-Ironically Hyping will be David Nwaba.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

dokmo, I haven't seen any evidence that Papa John can be a lean mean PNR machine so I demand a YT video or something overlayed to some early aughts rock music. Let's go with socialburn.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
The Twitter handle of Bogdan Bogdanovic is @LeaderOfHorde which should give him a head-start in the RoY race.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jack's Flow posted:

The Twitter handle of Bogdan Bogdanovic is @LeaderOfHorde which should give him a head-start in the RoY race.

https://twitter.com/sacramentokings/status/914233617173250048

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/30/byron-scott-home-burglary/

It was probably D'Lo

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

WhyteRyce posted:

dokmo, I haven't seen any evidence that Papa John can be a lean mean PNR machine so I demand a YT video or something overlayed to some early aughts rock music. Let's go with socialburn.

Disco killed music forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAbxjxEOh5w

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

EvanTH posted:

haha please don't edit out punchlines before you respond to jokes

lol serves me right for posting so early in the morning. I'm sitting there thinking, what's the name of that guy the cops harassed? Played myself

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

His stroke looks very two-parter. Jump then shoot. Isn't one motion all the rage these days?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Jack's Flow posted:

The arena needs to make this his theme song-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brMBkOlpJn8

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I made a preseason GDT since what else are you doing on a Saturday night?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3836052

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

dokmo posted:

Disco killed music forever.

Nah

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

RaySmuckles posted:

its definitely a bummer

but actually pop made it sound better than the people from reddit. pop made it sound like he'll be ready to go for the season, despite him specifically mentioning no time table.

plus kyle anderson played well today and once Gay is back in nba shape he's a starting caliber 3 if poo poo gets bad for kawhi.

not perfect, but not bad.

danny missed the beginning of last season and we did alright (not that danny=kawhi, but still)

He said it's from last year. If you have a problem that got worse over the offseason that's a disaster heading into the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Metapod posted:

For the thunder and rocket fans out there let's all bow our heads and appreciate how far we've came since this dreadful day http://www.espn.com/nba/game?gameId=400578436

I must have blocked this one out of my memory along with every other game the Rockets scored an anemic below-90 over the last 5 years.

• Locked thread