Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Calaveron posted:

"Lakshmi-7, same"
"Thanks, take these 7 hand cannons and shoot poo poo until they stopped working so bad you just toss it at them"

*touches fingers to forehead*
"With the cult the future can be known"
*goes around the corner and slams that poo poo into shards*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I pledged New Monarchy for the "cool Titan armor"

I've cashed out like 8 times and this armor is lame.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Policenaut posted:

if you're an exo who the gently caress cares

And if you're not an Exo what the gently caress are you even doing?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
lol every PS4 literally comes with a perfectly good mic IN THE GOT drat BOX and dorks still prefer to run around with it muted, hearing nothing but DAKKADAKKA and the sound of their sadbrain tears falling

then again i probably don't wanna talk to most of them anyway

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

SniperWoreConverse posted:

"Arach, here are these tokens that represent all the effort I put towards the cause, such as all the dangerous enemy supplies I stole or destroyed, and the strange anomalies I brought to your attention."
"Excellent, Dead Orbit will never forget your support. As long as there is room on the ships, no one will be denied escape from the darkness. Take these 7 hand cannons and may they serve you well."
"T-thanks, man. . I appreciate it."

How do you think they're going to make room on those ships? Those things are lousy with hand cannons.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Everyone else: I did it at 270 and MIDA popped out at 285!
Me: Well the long con is about to pay off. I'm 297 just in case. Time to go get my 305 gun!
Game: HAHAHA gently caress you 304.

precision posted:

then again i probably don't wanna talk to most of them anyway

If you don't want to talk to people who have learned their interpersonal communication skills from a combination of DOTA and Pewdiepie I have bad news about multiplayer games.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mailer posted:

If you don't want to talk to people who have learned their interpersonal communication skills from a combination of DOTA and Pewdiepie I have bad news about multiplayer games.

yea i know, but at least the two dudes (who i think might have been bungie employees because of some weird things they said) that sherpa'd me thru the NF were super cool

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

What weird things did they say

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How is Bad News, as far as kinetic handcannons go?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How is Bad News, as far as kinetic handcannons go?

Got some bad news for you

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

gowb posted:

What weird things did they say

They kept saying "we hope this mode" such and such as if they were speaking for the company. Also they were straight up way too nice and positive, they literally kept telling me how good I was doing. They also asked some "survey" style questions like "how long did you have to wait in queue" and the like.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Bad News is by far the worst hand cannon I've tried

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Norns posted:

Bad News is by far the worst hand cannon I've tried

Outside of antipope or whatever the hakke weapons suck. Seems like they got the all high impact low RoF weapons. They all have really low handling stats too.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

I win space barbie for the day.

Looks good. I like how the head looks like a choade peeking out from a bed of pubes.

No hate, strikers shortfucking mans is canon

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
Is there an hours played stat on the bungie.net website? I can't find any stats, actually. Everything was listed in detail for destiny 1. Are we still waiting for this or am I retarded? When I click on my profile it just shows my username.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I had the same reaction. I feel like a ton of stats / explanatory stuff just disappeared from the website for d2

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Anybody looking to do the Nightfall on PS4?

I'm 261, I wouldn't be dead weight at that light, would I?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

I had the same reaction. I feel like a ton of stats / explanatory stuff just disappeared from the website for d2

I assume their website stuff got pushed back due to crunch to get the game out on time.

But it is a weird omission, the API didn't change that much from D1. Most of the popular API tools had functioning updates in a few days.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
The nightfall is kinda rough due to the timer, took three goes to finish with one goon and one random, we started with a different pubbie, I don’t know what ll they had but I think they were just over the threshold and failed twice, we probably would have been okay with another minute or two, and a few less stupid deaths on my part. I think when we did complete it we were just over a minute to go.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i find random people are getting a lot better at triggering the heroics but it's still frustrating when you're doing the taken blight and people just blow through it instead of triggering the heroic, for some reason that particular event triggers me

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Anime_Otaku posted:

How did they over look the strike required for the Drang quest line? Having to activate it from the world would be okay if they’d also run matchmaking instead of just throwing you in solo.

It's completely doable solo. Just fight up to the servitor , kill it, then go to orbit. Why would they matchmake on a quest specific instance?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

What is the "fight me" medal?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Do it ironically posted:

i find random people are getting a lot better at triggering the heroics but it's still frustrating when you're doing the taken blight and people just blow through it instead of triggering the heroic, for some reason that particular event triggers me

it's probably because that's the only one where triggering the Heroic by accident isn't likely. like you have to be kinda deliberate to get that one to turn Heroic, whereas the other Heroics will trigger even if you're not trying to do so

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Taken blight is loving dumb lmao, my guess is that it worked well when test teams tried it out and were maybe guided to the idea of some people penning adds in the miniblights while others shot the big blight.

In the wild it's stupid and it's by far the least fun event.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
agree with both of you

hope everyone is having a fun shooting time tonight

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Taken blight is loving dumb lmao, my guess is that it worked well when test teams tried it out and were maybe guided to the idea of some people penning adds in the miniblights while others shot the big blight.

It's the best event if you got a group though because you can finish heroic in a minute if everyone spams their heavy weapons on the big bubble and then uses their ults on the mob.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I dont even have a very clear idea of when it's possible to shoot the big orb myself tbh

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
[quote="“precision”" post="“476930476”"]
I dont even have a very clear idea of when it’s possible to shoot the big orb myself tbh
[/quote]

If you go into the small spheres and then out again you have about 5 seconds to damage the huge blight ball. So you just dip into the little one and shoot the poo poo out of the large one until it's immune again, rinse repeat. If you have 4 people doing it's super fast and easy. If some shitheads shot the normal spheres and it warps to the next point it resets.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
:chef:

https://i.imgur.com/j3NlItJ.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/uHqRYZq.gifv

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Do it ironically posted:

I thought they were getting worse honestly, at least on titan. I can't tell you how many times they blow through the first walker or don't stand on the opposite plate. gently caress.

The blight though, just roaming rando's have triggered all but two I was in. :shrug:

Can't wait to see what shaders are coming Tuesday.

Got the welfare trials sidearm. I'm just going to vault it in case.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
yeah i've been trying to do public events on io just cause that was the weekly so i havent been on the others much

im p dissapointed in the FWC hand cannon i wanted to love it so much i still do try it a bit but it's nothing compared to my nameless midnight/mida/whatever the gently caress i got going on basically it's just not anywhere near the nameless midnight

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I'm really sorry to this person

https://twitter.com/ThundaHammafist/status/914301091881287680

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

texaholic posted:

Outside of antipope or whatever the hakke weapons suck. Seems like they got the all high impact low RoF weapons. They all have really low handling stats too.

The Hakke AR is pretty good in PvE for titans using war rigs.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Queued up guided game for Leviathan out of curiosity. Took fifteen minutes but there were at least a couple dozen teams that came across my screen until I pulled out, game never taking more than a half a minute or so to offer another.

I declined them all because obviously, and so they would feel rejected and not good enough. Still, good on them for doing it. I reckon high Oathkeepers is how to snag some sick staves so teams may legit grind it out just for the banner loot.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

cvnvcnv posted:

I reckon high Oathkeepers is how to snag some sick staves so teams may legit grind it out just for the banner loot.

???

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

The furniture that holds your clan banner, you can equip others like you would a piece of armor. My theory is that those will be obtained by clans who reach max level, max out their Oathkeeper's Score (being guides for guided games), etc.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
pubic event incumming

https://i.imgur.com/DuDVMoQ.gifv

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
To the people using guided games as a seeker... does the system work? I remember hearing that everyone was looking and no one was guiding, but haven't messed with it since the beta.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Any public event where a single person cannot push it into heroic before everyone else screws it up is bad.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mailer posted:

To the people using guided games as a seeker... does the system work? I remember hearing that everyone was looking and no one was guiding, but haven't messed with it since the beta.

it only took me like 15 mins

how come nobody is talking about Conspirator? I just got it and not only is it possibly the coolest looking gun I've found, it's full auto and does elemental explosions on Precision Hits. It's fuckin' amazing. :stare:

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Conspirator

(NB: OK, Vigilance Wing looks better but that's a Pulse Rifle with perks that only trigger when your teammates die so lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

pvp quickplay fuckin owns up until you get into the MMR where it's all people with 5+ flawless win emblems and you get brutally owned for 4 games