Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I dig the Primus as he is painted but from the thumbnail I thought he had a silver head like Destro and I was extra excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Phyresis posted:

ObSec Russes in Spearheads confirmed

:thunk:

never the gently caress mind im bad and wrong about everything

Well, whoever wanted Stormtrooper detachment support, there you go.

Ironically, this means that the Stormtrooper box now represents a doctrine-free detachment, because your Comissar breaks their "all MT" restriction."

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

The Bee posted:

Well, whoever wanted Stormtrooper detachment support, there you go.

Ironically, this means that the Stormtrooper box now represents a doctrine-free detachment, because your Comissar breaks their "all MT" restriction."

No, it means you can just pick whatever Doctrine you want for the Commisar. The MT guys don't break his doctrine and don't get their own.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

JoshTheStampede posted:

No, it means you can just pick whatever Doctrine you want for the Commisar. The MT guys don't break his doctrine and don't get their own.

Pretty sure commissars are in the list of stuff that can be taken in any regimental detachment without breaking rules, like primaris psykers or ogryns

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Oh, okay. I remembered seeing somebody say that you needed to have a certain percentage of models be in the same regiment to get doctrines, so I figured the Tempestus blurb meant that 100% of them needed to be Tempestus.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Genghis Cohen posted:

Pretty sure commissars are in the list of stuff that can be taken in any regimental detachment without breaking rules, like primaris psykers or ogryns

Yep, and apparently they don't benefit from the Regiment's Doctrines. Don't quote me on that, I'm a known idiot

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Well well well boys and girls, looks like Russes are back on the menu!

Now I just need to finish my backlog of Russes, and I'll be able to put nine of them off varying kinds on the table.
:getin:

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Phyresis posted:

Knight Commander Pask is rolling around in the Hand of Steel, which has a punisher gatling cannon mounted onto its turret. If the Hand moves 5" or less in the Movement phase, it can fire 40 BS2+ S5 shots at 24" range, re-rolling hit rolls of 1 due to the Canadian Doctrine.

He is accompanied by a Leman Russ Executioner with two plasma cannon sponsons and a hull-mounted lascannon. It is matching speed with the Hand of Steel. Pask commands the Executioner's crew to Pound Them to Dust! They supercharge all of the tank's plasma cannons and fire, shooting 2d6 + 2d3 supercharged plasma shots, re-rolling the bad results. That's a LOT of hot plasma flying downwind. They re-roll to hit rolls of 1, meaning that they only have a 1/36 chance per shot of overheating. Even if some of those shots overheat, they will only suffer one mortal wound per failure. (Actually the executioner plasma cannon will cause D6 MWs if it overheats, which it has a high likelyhood of doing, shooting that many shots)

Pask is 205 points with this configuration, or 221 if you choose to mount a couple of heavy bolter sponsons onto the Hand of Steel. (You probably should, but it's hardly mandatory.)

The Leman Russ Executioner is 180 points, or 192 if you choose to swap the hull-mounted heavy bolter for a lascannon (once again, you probably should, but don't have to.) Might as well bring two.

A couple of Astropaths are cowering behind them, praying for the God-Emperor's salvation.

Yeesh.

You can make it so it cannot overheat with the Overlapping Fields of Fire stratagem if you deal a unsaved wound to the target with something else, because it gives + to hit which as per the FAQ means you cannot roll a one.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

R0ckfish posted:

You can make it so it cannot overheat with the Overlapping Fields of Fire stratagem if you deal a unsaved wound to the target with something else, because it gives + to hit which as per the FAQ means you cannot roll a one.

Nice catch, I'll have to rethink my list a bit. Hull-mounting some lascannons onto vehicles would certainly help with that!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
So I really like Broadsides. How they look, how tough the platform is, etc. I know they're pretty heavily overcosted for what they do right this minute, but I'm going to stick with them and hope the Tau codex fixes that problem at least a little bit. I do like how painful the Heavy Rail Rifles can be against armor, and I'm willing to put a good amount of eggs in that basket. Given a full squad of Broadsides as a given for anti-armor, how does the rest of this look? The lack of 4x Fusion Blasters on the Commander is due largely to how goofy I think the Fusion Blaster looks, and this is the model I have to work with.

+++ New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [108 PL, 1998pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [108 PL, 1998pts] ++

+ HQ +

Cadre Fireblade [3 PL, 50pts]: Markerlight, MV4 Shield Drone

Cadre Fireblade [3 PL, 50pts]: Markerlight, MV4 Shield Drone

Commander [6 PL, 125pts]: 2x Cyclic ion blaster, Multi-tracker, Plasma rifle

+ Troops +

Breacher Team [5 PL, 80pts]: 9x Fire Warrior, Fire Warrior Shas'ui

Strike Team [5 PL, 80pts]
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Pulse rifle
. 9x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team [6 PL, 92pts]
. 6x Pathfinder: 6x Markerlight
. Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight
. 3x Pathfinder w/ Ion Rifle: 3x Ion rifle

Pathfinder Team [6 PL, 137pts]
. 3x Pathfinder w/ Rail Rifle: 3x Rail rifle

Pathfinder Team [6 PL, 137pts]
. 3x Pathfinder w/ Rail Rifle: 3x Rail rifle

+ Heavy Support +

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits [30 PL, 579pts]: 6x MV7 Marker Drone
. Broadside Shas'ui: 2x Plasma rifle, Heavy rail rifle, Shield generator
. Broadside Shas'ui: 2x Plasma rifle, Heavy rail rifle, Shield generator
. Broadside Shas'vre: 2x Plasma rifle, Heavy rail rifle, Shield generator

+ Dedicated Transport +

TY7 Devilfish [7 PL, 127pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Burst cannon

Created with BattleScribe

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The best part about Detachments is that they let you play around with a bunch of different forces that can still play together.

Unless you're Xenos.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Strobe posted:

So I really like Broadsides. How they look, how tough the platform is, etc. I know they're pretty heavily overcosted for what they do right this minute, but I'm going to stick with them and hope the Tau codex fixes that problem at least a little bit. I do like how painful the Heavy Rail Rifles can be against armor, and I'm willing to put a good amount of eggs in that basket. Given a full squad of Broadsides as a given for anti-armor, how does the rest of this look? The lack of 4x Fusion Blasters on the Commander is due largely to how goofy I think the Fusion Blaster looks, and this is the model I have to work with.

Not bad, you might find yourself having trouble with vehicles, particularly if there are lanes of fire you cannot cover without moving as without target locks you are reliant on markerlights giving the ignore movement penalty. You will often find if the other guys unstands how pathfinders work the just vanish in a couple of turns at most. I would recommend having some more drones hanging around the broadsides and commander if they have any AT those 6 drone will get consumed fast, particularly if they target them with chaff clearing. The drones on the devilfish are okay for this, shield drones are also good since if they shoot at them directly they have to get through both the 4++ and the 5+++. I have some concern that you are spending an awful lot on the devilfish, but your milage may vary on that depending on terrain and local meta.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The best part about Detachments is that they let you play around with a bunch of different forces that can still play together.

Unless you're Orks, Tau, or Necrons.

Eldar and Tyranids came out of this remarkably well, considering GSC and Ynnari rules. Imperium Soup is undisputed king, then Chaos and Eldar about even, and Tyranids are shaky yet interesting in third.

Really hoping auxiliaries can be fleshed out into a GSC-esque subfaction. Orks and Necrons get kinda screwed, though, but they're kinda loners anyway.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

The current Emergency Plasma Vents rule in the Index specifically excludes the executioner plasma cannon whereas the Codex version does not. This implies that I was wrong yet again and Executioners only suffer one mortal wound for each to-hit roll of one when supercharging its main plasma cannon.

This means that the Super-Heavy tanks must be taken in a Supreme Command Detachment or a Super-Heavy Detachment in order to benefit from a Doctrine. Supreme Command should be relatively easy to fill; Tank Commanders (including Pask) are HQ and you can probably spare the points for a Lord Commissar or Primaris Psyker or two.

I was actually right on this one: they don't prevent a Detachment's units from gaining a Doctrine, but they themselves do not benefit from one. Small miracles (praise the God-Emperor of Mankind)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

R0ckfish posted:

Not bad, you might find yourself having trouble with vehicles, particularly if there are lanes of fire you cannot cover without moving as without target locks you are reliant on markerlights giving the ignore movement penalty. You will often find if the other guys unstands how pathfinders work the just vanish in a couple of turns at most. I would recommend having some more drones hanging around the broadsides and commander if they have any AT those 6 drone will get consumed fast, particularly if they target them with chaff clearing. The drones on the devilfish are okay for this, shield drones are also good since if they shoot at them directly they have to get through both the 4++ and the 5+++. I have some concern that you are spending an awful lot on the devilfish, but your milage may vary on that depending on terrain and local meta.

That's basically my read on it. The mechanized infantry in this list are proven commodities on my table. Really, the Strike/Breacher teams are 100% interchangeable in terms of how many of a given squad I use, but I typically max out at two Breacher Squads (one for each Cadre Fireblade). The Devilfish charges into something that hurts in the shooting phase and either forces it to fall back or ties it up for a turn, next turn the Breachers disembark within 2.5", the Devilfish falls back (I :spergin: a little bit and call it a "dust off") and shoots at whatever it wants, then the Breachers unload with 30 shots at S6 AP-2. Usually good for killing a squad of Terminators, on average, which is much more than I could otherwise reasonably expect for an 80 point unit (total of 249 for the Devilfish and Cadre Fireblade, which usually don't all die on the same turn to a single unit). The Fireblades don't always start embarked, because 2+ Markerlights are a fantastic way to start the chain.

I seriously thought about Target Locks on the Broadsides, but in the end decided I preferred the 4++ over what could be, for most of the game, something entirely redundant. 50/50 odds to flat-out ignore a melta shot wins, especially since if it's a particularly clutch shot I can choose to not move and skip worrying about Target Lock entirely. Total, there are 26 Markerlights in this list and I fully expect them to be the first things gunned down. That's why there are so many of them.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Any of you spergs in the MD area; GW just opened up a new store in downtown Annapolis.

I'll be down that way around Christmas, if you want to meet up and slam hams.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Strobe posted:

That's basically my read on it. The mechanized infantry in this list are proven commodities on my table. Really, the Strike/Breacher teams are 100% interchangeable in terms of how many of a given squad I use, but I typically max out at two Breacher Squads (one for each Cadre Fireblade). The Devilfish charges into something that hurts in the shooting phase and either forces it to fall back or ties it up for a turn, next turn the Breachers disembark within 2.5", the Devilfish falls back (I :spergin: a little bit and call it a "dust off") and shoots at whatever it wants, then the Breachers unload with 30 shots at S6 AP-2. Usually good for killing a squad of Terminators, on average, which is much more than I could otherwise reasonably expect for an 80 point unit (total of 249 for the Devilfish and Cadre Fireblade, which usually don't all die on the same turn to a single unit). The Fireblades don't always start embarked, because 2+ Markerlights are a fantastic way to start the chain.

I seriously thought about Target Locks on the Broadsides, but in the end decided I preferred the 4++ over what could be, for most of the game, something entirely redundant. 50/50 odds to flat-out ignore a melta shot wins, especially since if it's a particularly clutch shot I can choose to not move and skip worrying about Target Lock entirely. Total, there are 26 Markerlights in this list and I fully expect them to be the first things gunned down. That's why there are so many of them.

The cadre fireblade does not affect breachers, only units armed with pulse pistols, rifles and carbines gain the bonus shot.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Short one - Inceptor bases, solutions that A. permit transport and B. Do not involve selling my soul in a Faustian pact to not be poo poo, go.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

R0ckfish posted:

The cadre fireblade does not affect breachers, only units armed with pulse pistols, rifles and carbines gain the bonus shot.

Well poo poo. :( I thought it just said "Pulse weapons". That sucks. Looks like it's all Strike Teams from here on out!

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Shockeh posted:

Short one - Inceptor bases, solutions that A. permit transport and B. Do not involve selling my soul in a Faustian pact to not be poo poo, go.

Pin them. Drill into the top of the stand where the seat is, and then into the inceptor where it would sit.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Shockeh posted:

I bought some 1/8" clear plastic rods from Plastruct. Part # PLS90292

I figured it would be easier to drill out. A 1/8" hole is easy enough to dril.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'll be down that way around Christmas, if you want to meet up and slam hams.

Sounds good. We got a bunch of spergs in the area so we should get some hamslammage going.

Next month is their grand opening. Apparently in order to get the Terminator Chaplain you need to do a bunch of stuff to promote the store to get a card filled out, which is kind of a bitch.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Anyone have a recipe for the Primaris Chaplain's leather coat?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Shockeh posted:

I skipped the plastic flight bases, built up some cork rock formations on the base, and then drilled/pinned one foot into the rocks, so it looks like are moon-bouncing.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So AM can add cruaders and priests to their detachment. Interesting.

Crusaders are 15 PPM for WS3+ 1W A2 guys with storm shields and power swords. Can't go in any guard transports but they get acts of faith. The storm shields make it interesting.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Canadians are absurd. Their Relic is ball tearingly good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZvxXh1KTus

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Mind summarizing what it is instead of linking to a four hour video?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

chutche2 posted:

So AM can add cruaders and priests to their detachment. Interesting.

Crusaders are 15 PPM for WS3+ 1W A2 guys with storm shields and power swords. Can't go in any guard transports but they get acts of faith. The storm shields make it interesting.

They have the Militarum keyword now. They can go in transports.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
So here is a bit of math I want to harvest from you guys, so with Tau to get +1 and reroll 1s on against a target you need 80 points of pathfinder markerlights. Now can you replicate the effects with cadians for less? The cadian doctrine is rerolling 1s when you have not moved, and they have the 2 CP stratagem which lets you get +1 against a target if a unit has done a unsaved wound against it, so what is the cheapest way you can deal at least a wound to a land raider for example?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

R0ckfish posted:

So here is a bit of math I want to harvest from you guys, so with Tau to get +1 and reroll 1s on against a target you need 80 points of pathfinder markerlights. Now can you replicate the effects with cadians for less? The cadian doctrine is rerolling 1s when you have not moved, and they have the 2 CP stratagem which lets you get +1 against a target if a unit has done a unsaved wound, so what is the cheapest way you can deal at least a wound to a land raider for example?

Technically, in order to get that as Tau you only need 40 points of Pathfinders. :eng101:. To get it reliably you need 80, but doing so means you give up the Pathfinders' really nice support weapons and is probably a bad idea.

The cheapest way to deal wounds to big targets in Guard is Heavy Weapons Teams. You don't need to reroll or add 1 to hit when you can just put another HWT on the field for less than the cost of the support mechanism to improve your numbers, especially when you can put multiple Lascannons on the field for fewer than 80 points in Guard.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Strobe posted:

Mind summarizing what it is instead of linking to a four hour video?

Canadians re-roll all the things.

One of their relics is 'reveal at the start of the turn, all [Canadian] units with 12" re-roll all to hits and all to wounds against keyword [Chaos] until the start of the players next turn.

So he had 2 punishers that between them fire 80 punisher rounds 18 heavy bolter rounds re-rolling everything.

It was incredible.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

R0ckfish posted:

So here is a bit of math I want to harvest from you guys, so with Tau to get +1 and reroll 1s on against a target you need 80 points of pathfinder markerlights. Now can you replicate the effects with cadians for less? The cadian doctrine is rerolling 1s when you have not moved, and they have the 2 CP stratagem which lets you get +1 against a target if a unit has done a unsaved wound against it, so what is the cheapest way you can deal at least a wound to a land raider for example?

If you have a +1 to hit then you can never roll a 1, therefore you can never reroll it.

Or am I totally wrong about that?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Eh, pretty situational. Picking relics before a game instead of during army building makes it much more worth taking as a deliberate play when you end up against Chaos, but it's not game-breaking against ALL THE THINGS the way you made it sound.

80 Punisher shots is going to mulch light infantry (well, a maximum of two squads of them), and do appreciable damage to heavy infantry (likewise, maximum of two squads), but it's going to do barely more than gently caress-all "merely" decently against major armored targets with T6 or higher no matter how many rerolls you get (to the tune of ~9 ish wounds against a Razorback or Russ, between all 80 shots).

Good pick, not universal by a long shot, Punishers are probably not the unit you want to use it on to get the biggest bang for your buck.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If you have a +1 to hit then you can never roll a 1, therefore you can never reroll it.

Or am I totally wrong about that?

Rerolls are determined before modifiers. If you have a reroll effect on all misses with (for example) 3+ BS, and the target has a -1 to hit effect, then any 3s you roll don't get rerolled, but are then modified down into 2s by the negative and miss. Since the reroll window has already passed, they can't be rerolled again.

If you have a negative modifier and are firing overcharged with a reroll 1s effect, all of your 2s will explode and cannot be rerolled.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Yeah, making your enemy's units suffer -1 to hit is super good and even better vs. plasma. Conversely, +1 to hit buffs are amazing

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Strobe posted:

Eh, pretty situational. Picking relics before a game instead of during army building makes it much more worth taking as a deliberate play when you end up against Chaos, but it's not game-breaking against ALL THE THINGS the way you made it sound.

80 Punisher shots is going to mulch light infantry (well, a maximum of two squads of them), and do appreciable damage to heavy infantry (likewise, maximum of two squads), but it's going to do barely more than gently caress-all "merely" decently against major armored targets with T6 or higher no matter how many rerolls you get (to the tune of ~9 ish wounds against a Razorback or Russ, between all 80 shots).

Good pick, not universal by a long shot, Punishers are probably not the unit you want to use it on to get the biggest bang for your buck.

Where the Punisher really shines is being used as a weapon to generate at least one wound against a target to pop off the Canadian Strategem that gives everyone else +1. So you :airquote: Punish :airquote: the target before shooting it with everything else.

Strobe posted:

Rerolls are determined before modifiers. If you have a reroll effect on all misses with (for example) 3+ BS, and the target has a -1 to hit effect, then any 3s you roll don't get rerolled, but are then modified down into 2s by the negative and miss. Since the reroll window has already passed, they can't be rerolled again.

If you have a negative modifier and are firing overcharged with a reroll 1s effect, all of your 2s will explode and cannot be rerolled.

Interesting. Is that in the FAQ or what?

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Strobe posted:

Sorry, it still allows re-rolls and wounds of 1? I think against all armies, and then it's just boosted to all results against keyword Chaos.

and it's a bubble, so you can just position it where you want and all units within 12" get it, including against overwatch results if they get charged in that turn.

Hellhounds are different now, went from 1D6 2 damage to 2D6 1 damage.

Canadians just straight up re-rollings 1s if they don't move is so very good. My Steel legion look on with envy.

The Deathstrike is still hot trash. Basilisks now getting -3 AP is amazing.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Where the Punisher really shines is being used as a weapon to generate at least one wound against a target to pop off the Canadian Strategem that gives everyone else +1. So you :airquote: Punish :airquote: the target before shooting it with everything else.

That's an expensive wound generator. Much like the question above, "add another HWT" is probably an easier and cheaper way to do it. But Russes are cool and good, and Punishers do definitely mulch the poo poo out of light infantry especially with Grinding Advance.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Interesting. Is that in the FAQ or what?

Yes.

Page 178 – Re-rolls
Change this paragraph to read:
‘Some rules allow you to re-roll a dice roll, which means
you get to roll some or all of the dice again. If a rule
allows you to re-roll a result that was made by adding
several dice together (e.g. 2D6, 3D6, etc.) then, unless
otherwise stated, you must roll all of those dice again.
You can never re-roll a dice more than once, and re-rolls
happen before modifiers (if any) are applied.

(emphasis mine)

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Yeast posted:

Sorry, it still allows re-rolls and wounds of 1? I think against all armies, and then it's just boosted to all results against keyword Chaos.

and it's a bubble, so you can just position it where you want and all units within 12" get it, including against overwatch results if they get charged in that turn.

Hellhounds are different now, went from 1D6 2 damage to 2D6 1 damage.

Canadians just straight up re-rollings 1s if they don't move is so very good. My Steel legion look on with envy.

The Deathstrike is still hot trash. Basilisks now getting -3 AP is amazing.

Basilisks are good now and I hope they don't buff Earthshaker Platforms because they're lame forgeworld poo poo

Manticores are still great, surprised they didn't get a nerf or a minimum range or anything because they can still fire a storm eagle rocket in Overwatch, which is hilarious to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Strobe posted:

That's an expensive wound generator. Much like the question above, "add another HWT" is probably an easier and cheaper way to do it. But Russes are cool and good, and Punishers do definitely mulch the poo poo out of light infantry especially with Grinding Advance.

Yes.

Page 178 – Re-rolls
Change this paragraph to read:
‘Some rules allow you to re-roll a dice roll, which means
you get to roll some or all of the dice again. If a rule
allows you to re-roll a result that was made by adding
several dice together (e.g. 2D6, 3D6, etc.) then, unless
otherwise stated, you must roll all of those dice again.
You can never re-roll a dice more than once, and re-rolls
happen before modifiers (if any) are applied.

(emphasis mine)

Awesome, thanks.