Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

petit choux posted:

Yeah, that's the TV series I watched. It was enjoyable somewhat like Dr. Who is to me. IIRC it was full of all these Islington references that I observed but didn't really have any point of reference. Had some clever ideas, did great on a budget I imagine.

a lot of people think islington is a town but its actually a boat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

triple sulk posted:

FRIENDSHIP WITH NFL ENDED

NOW NHL IS TRUMPS NEW BEST FRIEND

ya know hockey is lily white

also how come he didn't rig the playoffs for certain local russian would-be friend

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Weeping Wound posted:

extremely unwoke consumer:] wow!! the new SNES is amazing! it has over 12 games!

me, extremely woke and industrious creative:] Just built myself a SNES. Inside of a Genesis. I can play Playstation 1 games if I want. :smug:

i can't tell if yr making fun of me or not (and it's cool, i'm a tool in a lot of ways!) but seriously, for that much money that goddamn snes classic should have more games on it. like throw in the super gameboy with like the mario land games, link's awakening, and donkey kong ffs

[edit] tho if they release a gameboy classic i'd probably actually try to get that because it was always my fave

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Sorry, I screwed this up the first time. Don't kill me td!

tacodaemon posted:

:siren: COMING UP at 10:30pm eastern/7:30pm pacific on NITE CREW TV -- the next episodes of the quasi-educational early 80s TV show Voyagers!

Handsome, strong-jawed Phineas Bogg (Jon-Erik Hexum) is an 18th century sea pirate who has been recruited to work as a Voyager, traveling through time to fix problems in history! Due to a wacky misadventure he finds himself accompanied by 12-year-old '80s NYC orphan Jeffrey Jones (Meeno Peluce), whose status as a history-class nerd in school makes him invaluable once Bogg accidentally loses the book that was meant to tell him how history was supposed to go!

Nite Crew will present Voyagers! in living color on NITE CREW TV

tacodaemon posted:

Voyagers have to prevent Benjamin Franklin's future mother from being executed as a witch, and they also meet Houdini and Francis Scott Key... iirc the accusted Salem witches are played by irl 80s SoCal teenage girls and they have the fluffed-up hair to prove it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
president shrim tempura

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

BUSH 2112 posted:

i can't tell if yr making fun of me or not (and it's cool, i'm a tool in a lot of ways!) but seriously, for that much money that goddamn snes classic should have more games on it. like throw in the super gameboy with like the mario land games, link's awakening, and donkey kong ffs

was trying to remember which RPi can emulate up to PS1, I know it's possible

that and something about certain models having slowdown with certain games

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

if nite crew isn't sure about donating to Puerto Rico, remember that it could affect the availability of Bacardi 151

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

lmebo hes an adjunct, hes literally the exploited underclass of academia, trying to portray him as some sort of ivory tower elite is laughable af

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

tacodaemon posted:

if nite crew isn't sure about donating to Puerto Rico, remember that it could affect the availability of Bacardi 151

idk who hasnt but can

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

goddammit trump

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

juche avocado posted:

o poo poo i was gonna play fallout [1, that was free yesterday or today on steam]] i hope it runs on osx, lol

Oh poo poo thanks for the tip! Added to library.

Is free for a few more hours, get it while the getting's free

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Hello,

https://twitter.com/stefanmolyneux/status/914286405232332802

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/laurenduca/status/914280881958899712

so hows that culture war going

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

e: ahelpfulbear did this better than me

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Squizzle posted:

lmebo hes an adjunct, hes literally the exploited underclass of academia, trying to portray him as some sort of ivory tower elite is laughable af

it's pretty gross how they have been exploited.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

hells yea

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

tacodaemon posted:

:siren: COMING UP at 10:30pm eastern/7:30pm pacific on NITE CREW TV -- the first couple episodes of the quasi-educational early 80s TV show Voyagers!

Handsome, strong-jawed Phineas Bogg (Jon-Erik Hexum) is an 18th century sea pirate who has been recruited to work as a Voyager, traveling through time to fix problems in history! Due to a wacky misadventure he finds himself accompanied by 12-year-old '80s NYC orphan Jeffrey Jones (Meeno Peluce), whose status as a history-class nerd in school makes him invaluable once Bogg accidentally loses the book that was meant to tell him how history was supposed to go!

Nite Crew will present Voyagers! in living color on NITE CREW TV

The last time we watched these has gotten Youtube to start suggesting them to me as "videos I might also enjoy"

:getin:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
my brain has completelt snapped idk what is even happening lol panic atk ftw

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

a helpful bear posted:

Sorry, I screwed this up the first time. Don't kill me td!

PSP TV is down right now :(

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Weeping Wound posted:

extremely unwoke consumer:] wow!! the new SNES is amazing! it has over 12 games!

me, extremely woke and industrious creative:] Just built myself a SNES. Inside of a Genesis. I can play Playstation 1 games if I want. :smug:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Weeping Wound posted:

i literally cant cum unless the nintendo product bears the official nintendo (r) (tm) seal of authenticity and approval

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

"Last Man Standing: Pledging (#3.3)" (2013)
[last lines]
Vanessa Baxter: I worry about our daughters and the men they choose.
Mike Baxter: I know. They can't all win the lottery like you did.
Vanessa Baxter: [laughs] Just remember, a lot of people who win the lottery end up killing themselves.
Mike Baxter: And *you* remember they usually end up blowing their winnings.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/KennethHennig/status/914283823227068416

i'm the complete and utter naivete

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bought the SNES Classic. It's neat. I'm playing Super Metroid

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol at r voters not still voting r

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

eonwe posted:

john kelly has been chasing the old bitch around the white house all day trying to stop him from tweeting

trump has like ten phones

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

haha gently caress i forgot all about that weird flippy gameboy. pretty sure i had one tho i can't remember what it was even called

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

lol this guy is extremely not Just Mad At That oval office EX-WIFE

https://twitter.com/JeffLee2020/status/914287883921575936

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

1950s joke:

One of these days, Alice, pow! Straight to the moon

1980s joke:

Peggy: Honey, I complain about your performance all the time... you don't care. Sometimes you don't even wake up.
Al: Well unlike sex with you Peg, this is important to me.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

it's pretty gross how they have been exploited.

its generational most likely, once you push thru the capitalist garbage sociopath generations if we still have an academic system worth caring about (we prob will, its adapted thru a lot) youll see some improvement

absolutely keep fighting for improvement now, but you know understand that the tide does come back in over time

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I hate this country so much right now

so embarrassed to be american

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

BUSH 2112 posted:

haha gently caress i forgot all about that weird flippy gameboy. pretty sure i had one tho i can't remember what it was even called

the gameboy advance sp was good

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

BUSH 2112 posted:

I think that was the gameboy advance sp?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Squizzle posted:

stick around long enough

ik isnt a position of elite authority, its a public service role. everyone can do it in their own way. the ik is always of the people, even w their buttons. they arent a mod

stop trying to gussy it up its a role for losers w/ nothing else to do who want to feel like they got power like they have any control over their miserable world
u arent of the ppl
ur poo poo

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv8f513Tpzw

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

id buy the video gmae thing if its still summer. i wanna play star fox 2 on a tv

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
how is it that every last one of these stupid motherfuckers has a custom-drawn Garrison portrait of themselves as a muscular Randian ubermenschen owning the lesser races SJWs that they paid him money to produce as part of their profile, that for some insane reason they're super proud of and think makes them look cool. how do they exist without being in semi-permanent state of being given swirlies by all right-thinking citizens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

stop trying to gussy it up its a role for losers w/ nothing else to do who want to feel like they got power like they have any control over their miserable world
u arent of the ppl
ur poo poo

:agreed:

• Locked thread