Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I'm gonna vote for Block as well. Sure, other skills sound nice, and this may be a rare opportunity, but sometimes it's better to go for the sure thing that'll accelerate leveling now. Especially since Agent has already had trouble getting the team off the ground so far. And I'm looking forward to seeing Skinks running ball shenanigans while the Krox and Sauruses punch things.

As for the new Skink name... Canada?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Agent355 posted:

Almost forgot. We have enough money to buy a new skink to replace the deceased England. If anybody has some names they'd like to throw out.

Varan Rodgers

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Agent355 posted:

Almost forgot. We have enough money to buy a new skink to replace the deceased England. If anybody has some names they'd like to throw out.

Brexit

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

He'll just be a Skinky Hobo

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Abraham Skinkclon

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

HannibalBarca posted:

Varan Rodgers

I had to google it but :perfect:

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

HannibalBarca posted:

Varan Rodgers

And BLOCK because this game has hosed levelling up.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Voting for the King of Skills and the skink to be named Skexit

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.
As much as I'd love to vote Leap or something stupid for our Saurus, let's be real. We want to see dead elves/rats/etc, and Block leads to dead enemy players.

We'll give him a leaping Krox when it inevitably gets doubles.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
Block Normally I vote for silly skills but I know the pain of getting a Lizardmen team off the ground.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

I'm dangerously tempted to vote dodge in preparation of break tackle shenanigans but it will take a drat eternity to hit that point so Block rules the day. However, I'm gonna vote break tackle for at least half of these saurs because nothing is more terrifying than a saurus that can actually dodge.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Block

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

HannibalBarca posted:

Varan Rodgers

Mark Skinkchez.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Yes we can expect to roll doubles 1/6th of the time. Which means yes we'll probably get dodge at some point in the not to distant future.
However +ma or +av is a very rare roll! you get what? 1/12th? or 1/18th of the time?

It's a shame we didn't get +ma on the saurus with frenzy, that would've made for an amazing blitzer. On the flip side having an extra point of AV means that when you don't have block and you roll both down, you're much less likely to die.

So of course I'm voting for Dodge Agent355 has been avoiding an elf team all along, this will finally open him up to facing off against some crazy elven coaches.

EDIT: Also if we're going to only give 5/6 saurus block, it makes sense that the one that doesn't get block at level 1 should be one with a special roll. Maybe people should be voting for wrestle? who knows. Block is a bit boring though considering that the next two level up's will also be block 100%.

EDIT: my option isn't going to win, so like a baby I'll change my vote to Dodge.

namad fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 1, 2017

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

Get that lizard Dodge!

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
I'm a boring person who usually votes for whatever option appears to be optimal in these threads so Block.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Perfect.

Voting for Block

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 1, 2017

Arban
Aug 28, 2017
Lets give the player some hope before we take it away. block

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
Dodge. The siren lure of a blodge Saurus is too big to pass up. Block can come later.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
We will get plenty more opportunities for Dodge, and I too know the pain of sauruses who don't have Block for ages. My lizard team ended up with three blodging sauruses, and one of them had his first two rolls be 12 and doubles, so I had to wait until the third skillup to give him bloody Block. (Yes I gave him Sure Hands and yes it was awesome eventually, but that's not the point.) Please go with Block for the sake of Agent's sanity.

Mightypeon
Oct 10, 2013

Putin apologist- assume all uncited claims are from Russia Today or directly from FSB.

key phrases: Poor plucky little Russia, Spheres of influence, The West is Worse, they was asking for it.
Not that sold on dodge on a low level Saurus.

Go for Block imho.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
i vote side step so he can be a better shadower when he levels again.

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable
Voting Dodge because:

1) Agent advocated choosing block for this level up. (Either just pick what you want yourself or let people vote without giving advice on what you think the :airquote: right vote is.)
2) Voting block on a doubles roll is proof Blood Bowl is a game for assholes. (Who else would vote for a bog standard choice when given an opportunity to be creative. :colbert:)

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

We're about halfway through the voting window and it stands at

Block - 15
Dodge - 8
Diving Tackle - 3
Wrassle - 2
Side Step - 1

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I'm voting for Block because I like seeing things die and this is the fastest way of getting there.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Dodge because I've never played this game and don't care how much it hurts you

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
DODGE

Don't give Agent what he wants.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
The speediest Saurus in all the land, +MA.

Seconding Skexit.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

anything-but-block vote for dodge

not using your doubles when you get them is bad juju

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
Voting dodge!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Block.

Let the LPer win.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Pea posted:

Voting Dodge because:

1) Agent advocated choosing block for this level up. (Either just pick what you want yourself or let people vote without giving advice on what you think the :airquote: right vote is.)
2) Voting block on a doubles roll is proof Blood Bowl is a game for assholes. (Who else would vote for a bog standard choice when given an opportunity to be creative. :colbert:)

You're an idiot. The LPer can give as much advice and commentary he wants; it's still his LP. And Dodge on a Sarrus isn't creative mate but Block is a more useful skill that will lead to more level ups.

Block

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Look if were going to be intelligent and ignore the dubs, why can't we at least have picked wrestle? C'mon guys I'm disappointed in you.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't vote yet I think. Block

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Wrasslesaurs are also good saurs.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Dodge Create the ultimate pain in the rear end four years down the line when he gets another MVP

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Block Hopefully you get to play elves and murder half their team.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
I want to go with the fun option, but we need to be smart here. Block

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Block - 21
Dodge - 14
Diving Tackle - 3
Wrassle - 3
Side Step - 1
+MA - 1

Arbitrary 8 hours left so I can play the next LP game tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

Aeromancia posted:

I want to go with the fun option, but we need to be smart here. Block

Yeah, I agree. We can get to the skink-related shenanigans and fun skill choices once all the Sauri have block.

+1 to Block

• Locked thread