Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I dealt with final hector with a one turn NPBB from Altera with a full suite of buffs between Waver and Mystic Code

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
stop giving me balls instead of feathers, amazons!!! :argh:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
You're gonna need those balls sooner or later

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i will use them to ascend robin hood, but i want to ascend marie :(

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof
thanks to Blackbeard's interlude I have learned that the forbidden pages I've been stuffing into Waver aren't full of arcane wizard rituals but of... uh, arcane 'wizard' rituals??

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Fish Cake posted:

thanks to Blackbeard's interlude I have learned that the forbidden pages I've been stuffing into Waver aren't full of arcane wizard rituals but of... uh, arcane 'wizard' rituals??

why not both?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I'm glad I got another 10 summon so soon.

A bunch of stupid poo poo, but I got Eurayle, Imaginary Element and one of those new 5* CE's that doesnt seem to be very useful (arts up 10% and crit up 20%).

Then I totally forgot about the summon tickets in the shop, a few nice CEs and another Kiyohime for the pile.

Then the gold balls showed up and I got super excited and happy. It must have been noticed because that smile quickly turned into disgust as the card revealed itself to be SUMIMASEN.

Get the gently caress out of here, now he's the only 4* I have gotten twice (both from tickets ironically) and naturally NP2. Does he have more than one interlude cuz after I get that done i'm burning his stupid face.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

A few pages back, but I've been thinking about how fun it would be to have a HGW/singularity based on variations of the Heroes that canonically didn't happen: alternate histories were things happened differently. So aside from Casterios, you'd have an Alexander who lived and slowly became and old tyrant ruling a decadent empire (Assassin?) or heroic Vlad who didn't end up having to commit atrocities to free his people (Rider?). Stuff like that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I'm glad I got another 10 summon so soon.

A bunch of stupid poo poo, but I got Eurayle, Imaginary Element and one of those new 5* CE's that doesnt seem to be very useful (arts up 10% and crit up 20%).

Then I totally forgot about the summon tickets in the shop, a few nice CEs and another Kiyohime for the pile.

Then the gold balls showed up and I got super excited and happy. It must have been noticed because that smile quickly turned into disgust as the card revealed itself to be SUMIMASEN.

Get the gently caress out of here, now he's the only 4* I have gotten twice (both from tickets ironically) and naturally NP2. Does he have more than one interlude cuz after I get that done i'm burning his stupid face.

dont burn siegfried hes an okay saber after his second interlude

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also Another Ending is an amazing CE for Arts teams, so be glad you got it.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Pureauthor posted:

Also Another Ending is an amazing CE for Arts teams, so be glad you got it.

I was happy I got some new poo poo, honestly. I just dont have much in the way of arts teams since i'm missing a good arts character like a Waver.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Ya never know what you'll get as the game goes on.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The only silver lining is that you'll have all the materials ready to bring a rare character up to par whenever you get them. I saw a video of someone fully maxing out caster Gil in one go.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I was happy I got some new poo poo, honestly. I just dont have much in the way of arts teams since i'm missing a good arts character like a Waver.

You have an Anderson don't you? :colbert:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Hooray, the class quests are here, now I might actually level Vlad and begin to progress and level my dudes.

Meanwhile I got Brave Liz in JP and she's the best. :3:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm just happy I can get Saber Monuments for Salter more easily.

Though getting the blasted Reverse Scale is going to be tricky when nothing in the game seems to drop it.

EDIT: Oh wait Hercules has it in his Bond Interlude.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Psiwri posted:

Ya never know what you'll get as the game goes on.

That's what my momma always said.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

So, I guess no Merlin for me. Rolling for him was anyway not the best decision since good friend Merlins aren't hard to find. Meanwhile all Tamamo's seem to suck.

Also can someone explain the Halloween(jp) event to me? The drop multiplicators seem to only drop from the gatcha and 100k friend points didn't give me even one. The event currency CE's on the other hand only have a chance to respawn an enemy class. Which might be AP efficient but certainly isn't time efficient. I'm not sure if grinding this instead of dailies is worth it. Am I missing something?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

genericnick posted:

Also can someone explain the Halloween(jp) event to me? The drop multiplicators seem to only drop from the gatcha and 100k friend points didn't give me even one. The event currency CE's on the other hand only have a chance to respawn an enemy class. Which might be AP efficient but certainly isn't time efficient. I'm not sure if grinding this instead of dailies is worth it. Am I missing something?

No, I don't think so. Is it surprising that paying money gets you better things than not paying money?

The event currency CEs still get you more drops per AP and they multiply with the drop multipliers so they're pretty good. I believe they cap at +100%, though, so at the very least you should be using friends with drop multipliers.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Drake is mine!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
the class quests are here? finally, I haven't been playing as much because the drops are so trash.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

No, I don't think so. Is it surprising that paying money gets you better things than not paying money?

The event currency CEs still get you more drops per AP and they multiply with the drop multipliers so they're pretty good. I believe they cap at +100%, though, so at the very least you should be using friends with drop multipliers.

Well, no but it is a break from the summer events.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Bought some quartz and got 2 pirate duo's, Euryale, Elisabeth and MOTHERFUCKING WAVER. I was fooled by the non fanfare gold card thinking it was Medea lily. All I need now is Drake and I'll be happy for now.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Wow Okeanos is cool. Really enjoyed it, much better than Rome.

Decided to use all my quartz from login and Okeanos on a 10 pull gatcha to try and grab anne and mary.

Ended up with Artoria (bringing her to NP 3) and Drake (!!!). Not what I wanted but certainly welcome.

Feeling lucky I used all my summon tickets. Grabbed 2 Euryales and Chevalier D'eon.

I'm bafflled at how generous the gatcha is being right now. Am seriously tempted to spend money to keep this streak going. In a few months this game will probably have ruined my life.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
Whats a good CE to toss on Drake? I've been using Imaginary Around because watching her vomit up 15 critical stars every time she uses her one quick card is hilarious, but I'm wondering if a LB Be Elegant would be better, or if I should use something else to play to her strengths.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
From what I've seen so far drakes versitility means that a lot of craft essences work well on her. Since she charges her NP so fast I feel that Kaleidoscope is less helpful on her than other servants and prefer anything that increases her damage (buster or crit depending on your team). That said, most things work and it sounds like imaginary around is serving you well.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Threw two October tickets at the Gatcha to take the edge off the addiction, got my Second Lancelot (good), and Romulus (already NP 5, 1/10 refund on investment).

Since the Halloween event is probably coming up soon in NA, can someone give a summary of what it entails? I know that Moon fest was chasing after one real event currency forever, and Nero Fest was chasing three easily obtained ones, but it looks like Halloween has like four. And I've read there was something about limited time battles?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lynkericious posted:

Whats a good CE to toss on Drake? I've been using Imaginary Around because watching her vomit up 15 critical stars every time she uses her one quick card is hilarious, but I'm wondering if a LB Be Elegant would be better, or if I should use something else to play to her strengths.
Victor from The Moon is insanely good on her if you have it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Man it's kind of funny hearing exposition on what the Ark of the Covenant is when in a western made work something like that wouldn't need to be explained.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfUkwCvXHEo

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Ashsaber posted:

Since the Halloween event is probably coming up soon in NA, can someone give a summary of what it entails? I know that Moon fest was chasing after one real event currency forever, and Nero Fest was chasing three easily obtained ones, but it looks like Halloween has like four. And I've read there was something about limited time battles?
As I understand it, Halloween will work like this:

1). You have story and free quests, like any singularity or Moon Goddess. It even has a map this time. But unlike Moon Goddess you just progress through it like normal to unlock stuff. Beat a node, move on. Enemies during these battles will drop a variety of the currencies.

2). Every day at certain times, types of extra/bonus battle become available. Party and Guerilla types? My assumption is that these drop a ton of the currencies. If you miss one it's OK, because they just stack and you could theoretically complete all of them in a row on the last day.

3). Equipping the various CEs will boosts the various types getting dropped. What I don't know what is what the optimal distribution, which currencies to focus on first. It might be a giant free-for-all where you just pick one and focus on it as long as possible until you have enough, and then move on to the next level, but who knows?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

2). Every day at certain times, types of extra/bonus battle become available. Party and Guerilla types? My assumption is that these drop a ton of the currencies. If you miss one it's OK, because they just stack and you could theoretically complete all of them in a row on the last day.

This is almost certainly how they'll work, but there is a tiny possibility that they'll go with the "first" version of these quests, which were only available for one hour but could be completed any number of times. Hopefully not, since that's a nightmare of time zones.

Nate RFB posted:

3). Equipping the various CEs will boosts the various types getting dropped. What I don't know what is what the optimal distribution, which currencies to focus on first. It might be a giant free-for-all where you just pick one and focus on it as long as possible until you have enough, and then move on to the next level, but who knows?

The most obvious thing to note about the shop CEs is that the rarest currency lets you buy a CE that increases drops of the second rarest, which lets you buy a CE that increases drops of the third rarest, and so on. In particular this means that buying a CE doesn't make it any easier to get more copies of that CE, so you don't have the same exponential growth that Moonfest did. It also means that the only thing that increases drops of the rarest currency type is a 5* gatcha CE.

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

Herein I have explained the operation of the sun.
If I recall correctly, you can trade down the Halloween drops so its better to grind the rarer/later materials.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Staticpulse posted:

If I recall correctly, you can trade down the Halloween drops so its better to grind the rarer/later materials.

You can trade any of them for the commonest currency but not for any of the intermediate currencies and you need all currency types.

Also worth noting that this is probably the first event where the free quests start to be actually high level. You'll want to have plans for how to beat a level 70 female caster and a level 80 female lancer.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
hopefully they don't do the thing where quests are only open for an hour cause that loving broke the game during the event

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

The most obvious thing to note about the shop CEs is that the rarest currency lets you buy a CE that increases drops of the second rarest, which lets you buy a CE that increases drops of the third rarest, and so on. In particular this means that buying a CE doesn't make it any easier to get more copies of that CE, so you don't have the same exponential growth that Moonfest did. It also means that the only thing that increases drops of the rarest currency type is a 5* gatcha CE.
I also noticed that the gacha event CEs are worse at drops than what you can buy, so even throwing quartz at the problem is not necessarily going to help.

But perhaps basically going in reverse? Farm Pumpkins (the rarest currency) until you can afford the CE, farm bats until you can afford the next CE, and finally farm candles until you get the last CE. Then farm the lowest currency (cakes) until you have the required amount, and then move back up the chain. I guess the question is whether you should buy out ALL event CEs in the shop (3, 4, and 5 copies of each level of rarity), or just one?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The Irisviel one, Halloween Princess, looks pretty good, especially if you can get one to drop or get from gatcha so you can LB it. Petite Devil looks good too.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

halloween princess is extremely good and i look forward to maxing it the gently caress out for my boy Kintoki

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Halloween Princess and Petit Devil are still really good, 2 years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I got Altera from the banner, the third time I haven't gotten the 5* rate up character. She's cool so I don't mind.