Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Naggarond has 2
Hag Graef has 1
Ghrond has 1
Har Ganeth has 2
Ancient City of Quintex has 1
Tor Anroc has 1

I need to go paint a map and fine more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
I'm greatly enjoying this game. A good purchase.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Luminous Cow posted:

I'm greatly enjoying this game. A good purchase.

Skaven are preposterously good, worth the purchase alone. They're going to get nerfed though.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

seriously what is this retarded grudge the dwarves got going on. still never attacked any of them, and yet another sends a dozen stacks at me

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Davincie posted:

seriously what is this retarded grudge the dwarves got going on. still never attacked any of them, and yet another sends a dozen stacks at me

Shouldna shaved that dude 5000 years ago.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I really do hope elves and dwarves have a huge penalty to each other in this game

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
So here are my hopes for future DLC for this game

Khemri (All but confirmed I think?)
Araby
Tilea/Estalia could be pretty neat.
A few more lord options for the current factions would be cool, but I don't really feel a need for them.
It would be pretty sweet if the Amazons got a pre-TW3 dlc release like Norsca.

Overall though i'm super pumped to be playing as Ogre Kingdoms and using gut magic one day in the future.

e: Do y'all know what's going to happen with lord trees in the new map? Are old world lords getting the level 40 cap or are new world lords getting shrunk to 30?

Arrrthritis fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 1, 2017

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Third World Reggin posted:

Ok we need to talk about something

all those unique buildings

there's a lot

and different races have different ones

and some of them are absurdly swole

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Supposedly they're taking all the old lords and bringing them up to speed for WH2, so they'll be getting the level 40 treatment. The trees they added at the end of game 1 aren't bad at all, so I assume they'll be changing what needs to be changed to put them on par with game 2.

I'm really excited to see more info on the combined map. I know they're going to give this game time to breathe after release, but I want that combined map info ASAP. I want to see Winds of Death against a pile of Skaven.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I'd really like it if they did a half-update for ME so we can get all the WH1 stuff accessible in multiplayer, at least.

I get the magic changes are probably making that troublesome, as well as fixing it up for the alleged army painter. BUT STILL FOUR RACES

I need something to doomwheel spam and surprisingly other skaven armies are a natural counter to them. (Because all their good poo poo trumps large units.)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Arrrthritis posted:

Araby
A few more lord options for the current factions would be cool, but I don't really feel a need for them.

Overall though i'm super pumped to be playing as Ogre Kingdoms and using gut magic one day in the future.

e: Do y'all know what's going to happen with lord trees in the new map? Are old world lords getting the level 40 cap or are new world lords getting shrunk to 30?

It'd probably hurt balance a lot but drat it I want my AP High Elven missiles. Doesn't feel right without Sisters of Avelorn or Shadow Warriors. As I do really want Alarielle (because I want female lords) and Alith Anar as lords. Also White Lion Chariots.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
So when they do the big mega-campaign, how is that supposed to work? Will they be porting the old factions into WH2 and having them use the new mechanics like climate/rites? Or are they backporting the map/races into WH1, making them work like they did in that game with specific occupation regions and so on?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Starting tip for everyone: recruit a second lord immediately and send them out to sea, it's full of amazing loot, up to 10'000 cash from a single site.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I expected starting a ritual would be a big deal.

I did not expect to have 4 stacks of chaos and 2 intervention stacks all show up at once.

Meanwhile my enemies are doing rituals and everybody's leaving them alone :argh: And the intervention force I hired just got punk'd immediately.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

So when they do the big mega-campaign, how is that supposed to work? Will they be porting the old factions into WH2 and having them use the new mechanics like climate/rites? Or are they backporting the map/races into WH1, making them work like they did in that game with specific occupation regions and so on?

I have to imagine so. I mean think about it, the old rules like "dwarves can only conquer orc lands" wouldn't work in the new world at all, there's basically no orc lands. Things are too spread out that way and it wouldn't make sense, so I see the 'climate' mechanic as the perfect solution to that. I really love it, way better than the TW1 way. You're still massively discouraged from making the wrong climate your center of operations, but if you have the economy and the time you can do it so you don't have to just leave the enemy's lands in ruins.

As for the rites, hard to say, but I'd love to see them added to the old factions.

The rituals definitely will not be a part of the grand campaign and that's fine. Having the TW2 map as this more focused scenario is really really cool, and I imagine after we get the grand campaign I'll switch between GC and TW2 campaigns back and forth depending. (But probably never play TW1 campaigns again lol)

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

The Cheshire Cat posted:

They've already stated Mortal Empires will use climates for everyone. Rites are a toss up, on the flipside.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

they really need to bring the 'on guard' buff up to 3 turns like they made it in norsca because agents are just picking away at me constantly and its so annoying

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Rookersh posted:

Fun lore facts.

- Malekith is a monster, but he's also actually the real Phoenix King. All the current Phoenix Kings had to fake the ceremony to get coronated, and the gods have basically wholly abandoned the Elves because of it. For how haughty and self righteous the Elves are about their superiority, they are also wrong.

Most of the other items were broadly correct, but just no on this one. This claim was End Times bullshit, with absolutely no credence ever given to that claim previously. Hell, the writing regarding the elves was possibly some of the worst garbage in the entirety of the midden heap that was the End Times books. Like, even if you dislike elves this statement was so mindbogglingly stupid, given Malekith and his follower's actions both during the civil war and in the millennia since, that it really needs to be discarded and ignored out of hand.

Thankfully CA is indeed basically ignoring everything mentioned in the End Times books and pretending it never happened.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

look at this guy believing high elf propaganda

wood elves eat babies
dark elves have slaves
high elves white wash their lovely history

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

NewMars posted:

Starting tip for everyone: recruit a second lord immediately and send them out to sea, it's full of amazing loot, up to 10'000 cash from a single site.

This so very hard, unless you're playing Very Hard/Legendary (which both increase the extra upkeep for more armies percentage to a pretty crazy degree); I'm ~70 turns in and my Oldblood sailing around collecting all this stuff as easily made me upwards of 70k gold on top of all the various temporary buffs and magic loot for my lords and heroes gained alongside the cash.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

high elves white wash their lovely history

To be fair Dwarfs do that too. They even have a habit of utterly ignoring things that they feel make them look bad and so never learn from those mistakes.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Eimi posted:

AP High Elven missiles.

High Elves have AP missiles already - bolt throwers.

quote:

Doesn't feel right without Sisters of Avelorn

Did they get AP in later editions of TT? When I played, Shadow Warriors were just skirmisher archers (in TW terms that's vanguard and loose formation) and iirc Sisters of Avelorn (called Handmaidens of the Everqueen at the time) were just Seaguard with better stats

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lord Koth posted:

Most of the other items were broadly correct, but just no on this one. This claim was End Times bullshit, with absolutely no credence ever given to that claim previously. Hell, the writing regarding the elves was possibly some of the worst garbage in the entirety of the midden heap that was the End Times books. Like, even if you dislike elves this statement was so mindbogglingly stupid, given Malekith and his follower's actions both during the civil war and in the millennia since, that it really needs to be discarded and ignored out of hand.

Thankfully CA is indeed basically ignoring everything mentioned in the End Times books and pretending it never happened.

I had actually always thought that Malekith threw himself on the fire to try to avert a civil war and prove his worth (and just had it go very badly), only to learn that the canon thing was 'HAHA I murdered the king and surrounded the palace with my evil cultists, surely the Gods will be pleased with OH gently caress FIRE MOM HELP!'

Malekith is an idiot.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Night10194 posted:

I had actually always thought that Malekith threw himself on the fire to try to avert a civil war and prove his worth (and just had it go very badly), only to learn that the canon thing was 'HAHA I murdered the king and surrounded the palace with my evil cultists, surely the Gods will be pleased with OH gently caress FIRE MOM HELP!'

Malekith is an idiot.

And also murdered a bunch of other princes that did not like me murdering the king.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Malekith is really the rightful phoenix king though.

MonsterEnvy posted:

And also murdered a bunch of other princes that did not like me murdering the king.

Killing high elf princes is a net good for everyone.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
When you click on Skaven in ships they say "Ahoy-hoy!" :3:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nanomashoes posted:

Malekith is really the rightful phoenix king though.

He would be had he been popular enough for the other Princes to say yeah you can be Phoenix King. And not murder them and starting a civil war.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Nanomashoes posted:

Malekith is really the rightful phoenix king though

Not if you don't count end times as canon :colbert:

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Naggarond has 2
Hag Graef has 1
Ghrond has 1
Har Ganeth has 2
Ancient City of Quintex has 1
Tor Anroc has 1

I need to go paint a map and fine more

There are a fair few in irritating bad-climate locations:

Altar of Ultimate Darkness (just West of Naggarond)
Something spire, on the west coast about halfway down.
Tor Anlec and the altar of khaine, on the north side of ulthuan, have one each.
Vauls Anvil south of clar karond, really good one. (This is good climate)

Most are quite useful little bonuses. I just pick them up out of a sense of completion really.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

RentACop posted:

If you are wondering who Thanquol is, this is a distillation:

alternately if you're familiar at all with transformers, thanquol is basically starscream

Arrrthritis posted:

Araby

i'm expecting some WH1 factions to get a LL on the new map: Luther Harkon for the vampire coast, norsca replacing the guys NE of ulthuan, beastmen in naggaroth

khemri and araby i think are the most likely for outright new factions

for new LLs: Thanquol and that skryre guy in power armor whose name escapes me ikit claw for skaven, tehenhauin and kroak for lizardmen, that one guerilla fighter who leads post-malekith nagarythe for high elves, malus blackblade for dark elves

President Ark fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Oct 1, 2017

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

You are either gleefully ignoring the rulebooks for the last decade, or have only read End Times stuff.

End Times was utter bullshit and had Malekith come back and take everything over. That was super dumb. I agree.

But well before End Times the rulebooks laid out the idea that Malekith actually was supposed to be the Phoenix King, and the High Elves cursed themselves for how they handled the situation. The gods stopped appearing for the High Elves, stopped listening to their appeals. The "curses" that kept getting inflicted on the High Elves, the slow death of no/limited children. Demons being able to walk freely in Elven god temples without fear. There was tons of stuff suggesting maybe High Elven nobility threw their race under the proverbial bus so they could get a little bit more power. The only Elves that ever managed to break out of the curse stuff ended up being more heirs of Aenerion, with the wink wink nudge nudge being that hey you fuckers, heirs of Aenerion are supposed to be leading you, not your picks.

There was always an underlying notion that Elven society was crumbling because Elven society had turned away from the gods will. Not insofar as Malekith should be Phoenix King now after everything he's done, but he was supposed to be back in the day before they took it from him. And there was always the running idea of whether or not having Tyrion or Teclis take the Phoenix King throne would be enough to break the various curses the High Elves were under, or if the problem was deeper still and they were in a real state of ruin they couldn't get back out of/set to be a dying race forever for the mistakes of their forebears.

And then like everything else, GW looked at that thin line of subtlety and said "what if Malekith comes back and kills Tyrion in megaKhaine form, and then Teclis bows and says xxxxMalekithdarkslayer69xxx you are the coolest, you are my brother now.".

On the note of Elf murder, how the gently caress do I get the Elves to stop rebelling as Teclis. I don't have the money to have additional armies sitting around to fight rebellions and these people are super angry 24/7. I also don't think I'm going to be finding wine in Lustria anytime soon.

Any cool + Public Order Landmarks in Lustria I should know about?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I always took it that that dipshit being the rightful king was kind of proof that the elf gods sucked, since their chosen are pretty much all lunatics.

I mean their main god's entire thing is being as boring and useless as possible (because he is 'perfect'). His role in myths is to sit there, let everything happen around him, and then when everything has worked out, nod sagely and go 'Yes, my leadership has clearly won the day, I endorse this good outcome I had nothing to do with'.

Asuryan is basically the God of Middle Management (and/or a Mesopotamian king of the gods but I doubt anyone at GW would intentionally write it that way)

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Rookersh posted:

You are either gleefully ignoring the rulebooks for the last decade, or have only read End Times stuff.

End Times was utter bullshit and had Malekith come back and take everything over. That was super dumb. I agree.

But well before End Times the rulebooks laid out the idea that Malekith actually was supposed to be the Phoenix King, and the High Elves cursed themselves for how they handled the situation. The gods stopped appearing for the High Elves, stopped listening to their appeals. The "curses" that kept getting inflicted on the High Elves, the slow death of no/limited children. Demons being able to walk freely in Elven god temples without fear. There was tons of stuff suggesting maybe High Elven nobility threw their race under the proverbial bus so they could get a little bit more power. The only Elves that ever managed to break out of the curse stuff ended up being more heirs of Aenerion, with the wink wink nudge nudge being that hey you fuckers, heirs of Aenerion are supposed to be leading you, not your picks.

There was always an underlying notion that Elven society was crumbling because Elven society had turned away from the gods will. Not insofar as Malekith should be Phoenix King now after everything he's done, but he was supposed to be back in the day before they took it from him. And there was always the running idea of whether or not having Tyrion or Teclis take the Phoenix King throne would be enough to break the various curses the High Elves were under, or if the problem was deeper still and they were in a real state of ruin they couldn't get back out of/set to be a dying race forever for the mistakes of their forebears.

And then like everything else, GW looked at that thin line of subtlety and said "what if Malekith comes back and kills Tyrion in megaKhaine form, and then Teclis bows and says xxxxMalekithdarkslayer69xxx you are the coolest, you are my brother now.".

On the note of Elf murder, how the gently caress do I get the Elves to stop rebelling as Teclis. I don't have the money to have additional armies sitting around to fight rebellions and these people are super angry 24/7. I also don't think I'm going to be finding wine in Lustria anytime soon.

Any cool + Public Order Landmarks in Lustria I should know about?

There is wine in lustria: it's on the vampire coast.

Edit: Specifically it's in The Star Tower, the little island just off the coast.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I just got a loading screen tip that started out "Each race featured in the game, such as Greenskins and Dwarfs"

heh

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Holy poo poo

Ok I started with skaven and they're cool and all

But I didn't realize the lizards were dinosaurs with friggin' laser beams

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Here is another way to look at the situation. If Malkeith had any true claim to the throne then he pissed it away by actively working with his chaos cultist of a mother and when he tried to gently caress with the vortex the first time and got bitch slapped by the second most import elf ever. Also any gods who believe that the best kings are the ones who are going to either be murder crazy or as fragile as glass really should not be listened to.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Holy poo poo

Yeah I don't know why anyone would play any variety of elf when Skaven and Lizardmen are options.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah I don't know why anyone would play any variety of elf when Skaven and Lizardmen are options.

Well, win or lose it's more efficient elf-killing.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

Here is another way to look at the situation. If Malkeith had any true claim to the throne then he pissed it away by actively working with his chaos cultist of a mother and when he tried to gently caress with the vortex the first time and got bitch slapped by the second most import elf ever. Also any gods who believe that the best kings are the ones who are going to either be murder crazy or as fragile as glass really should not be listened to.

Hey, Tyrion's madness will always be an issue, but Teclis got swole enough that he can lift his staff and jog now. He's probably ready to be Phoenix King.

e: Also it's really hard to understate just how loving powerful Teclis is. He's been compared to the likes of Caledor Dragontamer ( guy what made the Vortex ), and NAGASH.

Teclis is really loving intense.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Holy poo poo

Every TW2 faction is awesome and better than basically all the TW1 factions

They're also dinosaurs who ride dinosaurs :allears: