Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

KataraniSword posted:

Gogo V's burst gives Enwater, so it's basically a free way to get enelement-boosted summons that don't eat through hones.

Mimic isn't useful. It's too goddamn fiddly in a game where input economy is getting more and more important. Ain't nobody got time to keep skipping around to make sure the clownboy gets just the right skill to mimic.

Yeah, I didn't really want to bother fussing with making sure he mimiced the right thing. Good to know there's a water summon, though. I'll make someone who is not Gogo summon it.

Fister Roboto posted:

The combine to form Ogopogogogo.

I wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

ApplesandOranges posted:

Kimahri is the only one on that list that can Lifesiphn and Wrath, and he can also carry Breakdowns, which is good.

On the other hand, he's the hardest to gear and his only attack that can actually hit Water damage is Waterga, so he's going to live or die by his commands most of the time.

I can tell you right now that he does absolutely shockingly low damage with his commands. Just consider it an imperil with extras.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

wizard on a water slide posted:

IMO none of them is such a standout from the others that you shouldn't make that choice mostly based on which character you actually want to use and what your existing options and investment in them is (like if you've already spent 4/5* motes on one of those characters and not the others go for that one)

Thanks people. I agree with this though based on the data. and might not bother with a water BSB off this and will try bolstering my second weakest element, whatever that ends up being. I guess I could still take Ayame even though I have squall's, just to really bolster my ice.

Now see this is why I like just taking what gacha gives me and working with it a lot of the time. I'm awful at decisions!!

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 30, 2017

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Does yuffies bsb weapon on the gem banner have small boost to water?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Nope. If you're looking for Water+ equipment, here's a quick list of what you can pick.

Mimic's Rod (Gogo BSB) - Rod
Paine's Guise (Paine BSB) - Light Armor
Qu Garb (Quina BSB) - Robe (Not many physical character can use robes though)

While looking this up, I noticed that Mimic's Rod is the only magic water+ weapon. Physical weapons aren't much better, with Tidus's OSB Sword, Edge's old SB Katana, Rikku USB Fist, Tidus and Wakka's USB Blitzballs and Yuffie's very new UOSB which just debuted in Japan's 3rd Anniversary.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Ah yeah I guess I'm hoping like hell for that rikku USB then so I can get my edges damage all maxed out (have paines bsb water+ armor)

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Walking between loving raindrops today.

Wasn't going to pull since I had six dupes soon banner 3 already. But I didn't have any of the cool Cloud or Zidane wind stuff. All the folks pulling the cloud power pair drove me over the edge.

1/11 disco ball, into cloud USB. nice.

But since I only have clouds bsb1 for him I pulled again on the 50% dupe banner.

2/11. Cloud bsb2 and Zidane USB. Ok!

Fest to date has been kinda meh, but this really makes it for me. Would advise others to whale until they get all the winds.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Chair In A Basket posted:

Walking between loving raindrops today.

Wasn't going to pull since I had six dupes soon banner 3 already. But I didn't have any of the cool Cloud or Zidane wind stuff. All the folks pulling the cloud power pair drove me over the edge.

1/11 disco ball, into cloud USB. nice.

But since I only have clouds bsb1 for him I pulled again on the 50% dupe banner.

2/11. Cloud bsb2 and Zidane USB. Ok!

Fest to date has been kinda meh, but this really makes it for me. Would advise others to whale until they get all the winds.

Congrats! My fiancee drew earlier this afternoon and got Cloud's USB and Squall BSB2, the two things she most wanted from the banner! Cloud USB for all!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

well my water damage situation is getting out of control this fest huh. Rod's a dupe.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Two discos and a rainbow, I thought, "I'll happily take a Tiny Bee if one of those is Rikku's USB."

:shittydog:

No dupes and I have Vaan's BSB already so yeah, I'm pretty drat happy. What's funny is that I've gotten the fourth 6* relic listed on the three banners I pulled on.

Unless I magically pull Rikku's BSB before the fest ends, I'm deffo picking it as my gem selection.

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003
Well,

I got Tidus and Rikku's USBs from my first pull. Both of the things I had wanted while taking a big gamble from all the dupes.

My luck for Tidus is nuts, which works because I liked him well enough. I now have for Tidus: USB, OSB, BSB, CSB, SSB, and a unique soul break. Fully legend dived already, he's a damned monster.

Rikku taking the place of OK while also doing shell & protect will free up a ton of ability slots.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
3x11 - Vaan USB x2, Ashe BSB

100 gem - Rikku USB

Looks like either Tyro or Y'shtola will finally be leaving my main party.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Went 1/11... Rikku USB!! :woop:

Now I just need to be strong and save my mythril for banner 5.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Dupe/11

At least it wasn't a Tiny Bee.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

uhh is the round 2 mythril dungeon not showing up anyone else?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
4/11 - Tidus USB, Tiny Bee, Seymour BSB, Vaan BSB (dupe)

No Rikku, but I'm really happy with Tidus to fix my water team. Also got the two worst bursts on the banner + a dupe Vaan. Not even a dark+ staff like every other dark mage burst Seymour, come on.

Still have 320 Mythril left in the bank, but 125 is marked for future fest pulls (Banner 5, Crystal Tower, then the III/V/VII Update Lucky). And I want to keep saving. Looks like I won't come out of the fest with my most wanted relics (Cloud and Rikku USB) but this fest has been pretty nice regardless.

I have two 6* Blitzballs now though. I hate this.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

uhh is the round 2 mythril dungeon not showing up anyone else?

It's actually supposed to show up tomorrow. I think they screwed up.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

oh boy a 5 star from the 100 gem pull

It was Tiny bee :negative:

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Is Shantotto's USB any good? Dualcasting Witch sounds nice but using two charges with each one seems like I'd run out of ability hones super fast.

I got that plus Auron's BSB on my 11 pull.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Just dollar pulled Shantotto USB and I also have her BSB. Looks like I have a good Witch now.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I just wanted any disco, ayame BSB, or vaan BSB.

I don't think these are bad, certainly not tiny bees, but loving goddammit.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

4/44 on fest banners so far. This time I finally got a 6*! And it's an all-realm +water weapon!

but it's a loving blitzball

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

bilperkins2 posted:

Is Shantotto's USB any good? Dualcasting Witch sounds nice but using two charges with each one seems like I'd run out of ability hones super fast.

I got that plus Auron's BSB on my 11 pull.

It's very hone heavy, but she can put out really good DPS for Lightning (and Ice I guess), especially with a Chain. Sadly, Shantotto is the Lightning Chain user which makes it inconvenient to use that way.

The main problem is when the ability buffs roll out, Witch is the only thing that didn't get touched. There's a decent chance it'll be coming eventually, but I would avoid honing them too much until we know they get a buff. With Chain -ga spells becoming 4-hit, and the Machinist 6-hit skills having literally no drawbacks, Witch being weaker and having a long cast time really needs to get fixed.

Pander posted:

Reks BSBx2; Aphmau BSB, Balthier BSB

Wish I could trade my dupe Vaan for that Reks. It's pretty nice for a physical team - Hastega ATK/DEF +30% on entry, then an Ice/Lightning command that does extra on a weakness and a single target attack and %HP cure. Aphmau is a MAG/MND boosting Medica like Yuna BSB2 that does MND-based Lightning Splash damage, and Balthier is the best Imperil Fire user if you ever consider diving him and creating the Flame Offer ability when we get it in.... 4 months.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 1, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

For real why the gently caress aren't blitzballs just thrown weapons?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Just can't get enough

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Stop getting insane pulls please. Thanks

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I really need some ice stuff, so I pulled on banner 3.
1/11, Zell BSB. It's not a dupe, so OK, but while the BSB is nice, it doesn't help me with magicite battles at all, which is where I really need help.
I wanted to pull again on banner 3, but I had 6 dupes, so I figured I'd wait until banner 4! Any of the USBs, Vaan's or Ayame's BSB's would be great!
1/11, Balthier's BSB. I mean, I guess it'll help Steiner and Refia punch harder, and I LIKE Balthier (and Zell), but it's still pretty disappointing.
I'm not pulling on the gem banner, the selection would be nice but I don't have $30 to blow on this game.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

At this point I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this was intentional.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

pichupal posted:

Wish I could trade my dupe Vaan for that Reks. It's pretty nice for a physical team - Hastega ATK/DEF +30% on entry, then an Ice/Lightning command that does extra on a weakness and a single target attack and %HP cure. Aphmau is a MAG/MND boosting Medica like Yuna BSB2 that does MND-based Lightning Splash damage, and Balthier is the best Imperil Fire user if you ever consider diving him and creating the Flame Offer ability when we get it in.... 4 months.
I'd still rather have Vaan BSB than the four relics I DID pull. I already had several sources of fire imperil (including Balthier SSB. I have his OSB too. I guess the game wants me to use Balthier.), Reks BSB is a slight upgrade on Shout but on a character I haven't put any effort into, unlike Ramza. I don't know his skillset either.

Aphmau's BSB seems like a pretty solid faithga, although I did have Selphie's BSB, so it's kinda like a side-grade.

Like I said, none of this seems bad, but I really really really really wanted Rikku USB and would have been happy settling on any USB or Vaan/Ayame BSBs, and whiffed on them.

Griz
May 21, 2001

4/11 no dupes
Vaan USB
Rikku USB
Vaan BSB
Seymour BSB
(and Auron BSB from the dollar pull)

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Griz posted:

4/11 no dupes
Vaan USB
Rikku USB
Vaan BSB
Seymour BSB
(and Auron BSB from the dollar pull)

GIVE ME THAT PULL.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Rikku USB!

I also have her bsb but uh how does she get meter to even keep USB alone up

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
I keep seeing sealion as the first to kill, I can't beat any of these dudes, but I feel like I have the gear to do it

Paplymo - Ley Lines, BSB - Firaja R4, Whatever - BM DMG RM
OK - BSB, -RES/-DEF SSB - Battery - Mako Might
Terra (Fire+ bracer)- USB - Wrath/Meltdown r2 - Weakness Dmg RM
Vanille - BSB/USB - Curaja, shellga - Battleforged
Yuna - BSB2/ Miracle Veill - Curada/protectga- Ace Striker

Everyone got ice resist.

I'm doing about 4.5k with spamming USB.

I have for fire stuff:

+Fire Refia bracer
+Fire Braska staff
+Fire Gladiolus OSB sword
+Fire Paplymo rod

and this:

Sephiroth - enFire SSB
Rydia - BSB
Braska - enFire SSB, Ley Lines (Heavy Regen instead of Haste?)
Balthier - Fire Imperil SSB, OSB, Phys blink 2 SSB
Steiner - Fire Imperil SSB, BSB, Everything but OSB
Refia - BSB
Celes - BSB1, Indominable Blade
Locke - OSB
Fang - fire+wind -MAG/-ATK SSB

and shout, faris BSB, Deuce (BSB/5* Bard fast cast), not sure what else...

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Rikku USB!

open with her USB

have her use dances or mug bloodlust or any of the billion abilities in her arsenal

have her refresh USB

what BSB?

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Rikku USB!

Between machinist (lightning), sharpshooter (water, fire, ice), and thief (wind, poison), she can hit most elemental weaknesses for meter gain. Only missing earth, holy, and shadow.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

superloosegoose posted:

I keep seeing sealion as the first to kill, I can't beat any of these dudes, but I feel like I have the gear to do it

Paplymo - Ley Lines, BSB - Firaja R4, Whatever - BM DMG RM
OK - BSB, -RES/-DEF SSB - Battery - Mako Might
Terra (Fire+ bracer)- USB - Wrath/Meltdown r2 - Weakness Dmg RM
Vanille - BSB/USB - Curaja, shellga - Battleforged
Yuna - BSB2/ Miracle Veill - Curada/protectga- Ace Striker

Everyone got ice resist.

I'm doing about 4.5k with spamming USB.

If you legend dive Papalymo, at least, for his doublecast fire LM2, you should be able to do okay with just Vessel of Fate and Tenets of the Fayth. Give Papa the Braska Staff and give Terra Papa's rod, give OK the 5* Ninja Fire skill, if you have it. Slap Dr. Mog's Teachings on Yuna, then pop Tenets of the Fayth right away for the MAG/MND, don't bother with Ley Lines. It'll be slower going than cycling through OSBs/USBs, but you've got a decent setup here. Maybe get Chain Firaga on Terra if you can hone it higher than R2; the quickcast on her USB is wasted if you're just churning through Wrath.

If you have a healer with an instant-cast Curaja command on their BSB, that might be a better choice for healer than Vanille; the BSB entry is still good but the commands are stating to show their age.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
This is the big one I wanted to pull on, and I guess I pulled okay

I have four of those Aphmau bursts now.

I was shooting for the Ayame burst so I can try the FFXI Torment. If I didn't get it here, I was going to get it for my gem pull selection. Now I need to decide what I want to get instead. I have USBs now for Tidus and Bartz, so maybe one of their bursts would complement them well? They may be extraneous at this point though.

I suppose I don't have the Orichalcum Dirk, and that would be handy. But then there's the siren song of BIO CHAINSAW :black101: :black101: :black101: I don't have much in the way of FFVI bursts...

Edit: Day to Remember is great. Tidus and Jecht do that goofy high five at the end!

Sesq fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 1, 2017

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
I do have Deuce's BSB (+ATK/+MAG BSB with that insta cura command). It's that good? I've basically only ever used Vanille or Eiko. I have Arc's, Yuna's, Eiko's, Vanille's, Penelo's BSB (and Sephie's USB).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Fister Roboto posted:

For real why the gently caress aren't blitzballs just thrown weapons?

Because there was a time in the game where they got the cute idea to make unique weapons for esoteric characters like Books, Blitzballs, Dolls, hairpins, etc.

Blitzballs are, at the very least, equippable by Tidus, Wakka, Jecht, and Rikku.

• Locked thread