Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Tell us who they're playing or we can't really help

Newton @ DET
Dalton vs BUF
Bradford @ CHI (if his healthy)
Bortles @ PIT
Cutler vs TEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Overture posted:

I'm one of those people who ended up starting Hunt (not knowing what to expect) because of Ajayi's forced bye-week one. While I'm very glad to have lucked out big time with Hunt as well as some other RB's who were much lower rated during our draft (Cook, CJA), if Ajayi doesn't produce this week I'm not sure what I'm going to do with him. Maybe trade to someone who really needs a RB, but because I was pick #3 I ended up going WR/WR for AB and M. Thomas, so I am fine at WR. #firstworldfantasyproblems

Ajayi definitely not living up to any hype so far.

Week 1: Hurricane.
Week 2: 122 Rush Yards - 16 pts. Sometimes TD's don't happen.
Week 3: Really loving weird game where the Jets beat down the Dolphins somehow. The Jets have also had a mean front 4 the past 3-4 years despite their current tanking situation.

It's not that crazy.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Granted, Ajayi is my flex. So #firstworldproblems :allears:

But somebody did offer me Gronk for TY and Ajayi..

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hard to say. Probably Doctson for the following reasons:

1. Rookie QBs historically have not been able to support elite WRs.

2. Cousins has never had a player like Doctson, who has the talent and physical skills to be a WR1.

3. Doctson's competition, Crowder and Pryor, have not been good enough to establish their position.

4. Doctson's snap count is likely to increase as his health continues to improve.

To be clear my team has 4 good WRs (Cooper, Julio, Allen, and Diggs) so my focus is on ceiling instead of floor. I am also considering dropping Carr for Fuller (I have Cousins this week).

I've got Moncrief or Fuller I could drop for Doctson. I also have Prosise, but my RBs are thin.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hard to say. Probably Doctson for the following reasons:

1. Rookie QBs historically have not been able to support elite WRs.

2. Cousins has never had a player like Doctson, who has the talent and physical skills to be a WR1.

3. Doctson's competition, Crowder and Pryor, have not been good enough to establish their position.

4. Doctson's snap count is likely to increase as his health continues to improve.

To be clear my team has 4 good WRs (Cooper, Julio, Allen, and Diggs) so my focus is on ceiling instead of floor. I am also considering dropping Carr for Fuller (I have Cousins this week).

I lean the other way:
1) Fuller is guaranteed target volume from the time he steps foot on the field -- last season he averaged around 7 targets per game he played. Doctson has never had more than 2.
2) While you're right that Crowder and Pryor have not been good, the bulk of the targets have been going to Thompson and Reed -- and I doubt that Doctson is going to threaten their target share. Crowder and Pryor have been averaging 12 targets per game between the two of them. RB/TE crew have been pulling in about 14. Ryan grant has 12 targets over 3 weeks; his ~4 per game might be available to Doctson, but he's been performing better as well.
3) Fuller is likely to start at a full or near full snap count, while Doctson is still restricted. Fuller's role on the team is such that he would be expected to play all snaps, while Doctson is still trying to grow into that role.
4) Fuller has had several good games, showing that he has the skills to be a fulltime starter. His 7/81/2 (1 punt return TD, 1 passing) certainly showed his ceiling. We haven't seen anything close from Doctson.

I don't think Doctson is *bad*, but as a Skins DC sports fan I'm also just highly skeptical of the offense and that probably colors my opinion. I don't think Doctson is as likely to get the same opportunity that Fuller will this season.

In my league, in spite of the rookie QB, hopkins is currently WR12 and his target share has been declining while other WRs have been getting additional volume -- volume that is likely to belong to Fuller on his return. 7 targets per game and not getting the top coverage is a pretty solid place to exploit matchups looking at ceiling (and floor I suppose), versus unclear snap count / target share.

e: last thought. Skins play KC this week, so I definitely don't expect much if anything out of the passing game. So it's probably safer to wager that Doctson would still be there after this week if you wanted to grab fuller, see how he does, and decide.

Zauper fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Oct 1, 2017

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I remain happy I traded Ajayi away for Dez after autodrafting, though Dez certainly isn't doing much yet.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I remain happy I traded Ajayi away for Dez after autodrafting, though Dez certainly isn't doing much yet.

Well he's been up against some fantastic CBs these first three weeks.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Zauper posted:

e: last thought. Skins play KC this week, so I definitely don't expect much if anything out of the passing game. So it's probably safer to wager that Doctson would still be there after this week if you wanted to grab fuller, see how he does, and decide.
I think you make good points about Fuller but as for this, now is definitely the time to stash Doctson if you're inclined to. A lot of people are curious about whether Washington is going to make some changes to their offense soon. Maybe not this week but they've got their bye afterwards where they could conceivably shake things up. Given the lack of strong waiver wire options, Doctson has been mentioned a lot on podcasts and in articles this week and I've seen him get picked up in multiple leagues.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

pubic works project posted:

Well he's been up against some fantastic CBs these first three weeks.

Yeah I'm not super worried. I think he will be OK this year. The only thing that bothers me is his target volume hasn't been very consistent, but it's only three games so w/e.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zauper posted:

I lean the other way:
1) Fuller is guaranteed target volume from the time he steps foot on the field -- last season he averaged around 7 targets per game he played. Doctson has never had more than 2.
2) While you're right that Crowder and Pryor have not been good, the bulk of the targets have been going to Thompson and Reed -- and I doubt that Doctson is going to threaten their target share. Crowder and Pryor have been averaging 12 targets per game between the two of them. RB/TE crew have been pulling in about 14. Ryan grant has 12 targets over 3 weeks; his ~4 per game might be available to Doctson, but he's been performing better as well.
3) Fuller is likely to start at a full or near full snap count, while Doctson is still restricted. Fuller's role on the team is such that he would be expected to play all snaps, while Doctson is still trying to grow into that role.
4) Fuller has had several good games, showing that he has the skills to be a fulltime starter. His 7/81/2 (1 punt return TD, 1 passing) certainly showed his ceiling. We haven't seen anything close from Doctson.

I don't think Doctson is *bad*, but as a Skins DC sports fan I'm also just highly skeptical of the offense and that probably colors my opinion. I don't think Doctson is as likely to get the same opportunity that Fuller will this season.

In my league, in spite of the rookie QB, hopkins is currently WR12 and his target share has been declining while other WRs have been getting additional volume -- volume that is likely to belong to Fuller on his return. 7 targets per game and not getting the top coverage is a pretty solid place to exploit matchups looking at ceiling (and floor I suppose), versus unclear snap count / target share.

Sup fellow DC fan. Glad to see I'm not alone. gently caress the name.

I agree that Fuller could be a stud, and your post convinced me to drop John Brown for him. I'd like to go over your numbers a bit more:

1. It's impossible to really establish a historical precedent for Fuller given that this is a new year with a new quarterback. Doctson has only been in 5 games and has been slow to come about. In this case I look at scenario and talent. Both are first round talents, but Doctson's scenario with no clear WR and a superior QB and offensive line is better.

2. Thompson getting all those targets is a very new thing and there's no guarantee it's sustainable. Reed is constantly hurt, and he can easily threaten that target share by being what he was drafted to be. Gruden also emphasized that he has no plans to change Thompson's role.

3. No argument here. That said I wouldn't be surprised to see Doctson's snap count steadily increase, or even jump significantly now that he's proven he can do some good things on the field.

4. Both are first round picks and Fuller has absolutely demonstrated that talent while Doctson has barely been on the field.

TBH I think this is the week to grab Doctson, because if he does well you'll get a stash and if he does poorly you can just dump him and know he'll be on the WW next week because it's a bye and he hasn't done poo poo.

Tiptoes posted:

I think you make good points about Fuller but as for this, now is definitely the time to stash Doctson if you're inclined to. A lot of people are curious about whether Washington is going to make some changes to their offense soon. Maybe not this week but they've got their bye afterwards where they could conceivably shake things up. Given the lack of strong waiver wire options, Doctson has been mentioned a lot on podcasts and in articles this week and I've seen him get picked up in multiple leagues.

Exactly.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sup fellow DC fan. Glad to see I'm not alone. gently caress the name.
Yeah. But disappointment is a trend with ALL DC sports teams.

quote:

I agree that Fuller could be a stud, and your post convinced me to drop John Brown for him. I'd like to go over your numbers a bit more:

1. It's impossible to really establish a historical precedent for Fuller given that this is a new year with a new quarterback. Doctson has only been in 5 games and has been slow to come about. In this case I look at scenario and talent. Both are first round talents, but Doctson's scenario with no clear WR and a superior QB and offensive line is better.
It's true that Fuller didn't get practice reps with the new QB, but doctson hasn't either because he has been consistently injured too. Houston has no competition really for the number two job, and has been throwing enough to the carousel that there is plenty of volume for him too.

quote:

2. Thompson getting all those targets is a very new thing and there's no guarantee it's sustainable. Reed is constantly hurt, and he can easily threaten that target share by being what he was drafted to be. Gruden also emphasized that he has no plans to change Thompson's role.

3. No argument here. That said I wouldn't be surprised to see Doctson's snap count steadily increase, or even jump significantly now that he's proven he can do some good things on the field.
Fair, though Davis has historically inherited similar targets when reed was out

quote:

TBH I think this is the week to grab Doctson, because if he does well you'll get a stash and if he does poorly you can just dump him and know he'll be on the WW next week because it's a bye and he hasn't done poo poo.

Exactly.
These are reasonable points, I just feel like it's almost a guaranteed down week against kc. They've been doing well shutting down solid passing offenses. At this point, waivers have processed so we're talking about FA adds. If no one snagged doctson on waivers, I feel like he is safer to get through fa than Fuller, at least this week.

They're all lottery picks, of course. I just feel like Fuller is slightly more likely to pay out.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Crabtree is apparently likely out for week 4.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Yay Cooper can drop even more passes.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Welp. Cooper or Watkins in 1ppr?

I know there is a sit/start but I don't have it bookmarked and about to go to sleep.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I just picked up Doctson. I just have a feeling that he's going to go off

Man you and me both. Not saying its anywhere near this but I had flashbacks of staring at odb on the waiver wire in 2014, not getting him and then kicking myself all year

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Oct 1, 2017

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Redskins experts, what are your thoughts on Crowder? I have him in 3 leagues because I'm an idiot.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

the_american_dream posted:

Man you and me both. Not saying its anywhere near this but I had flashbacks and staring at odb on the waiver wire in 2014 and then kicking myself all year

I cut ODB in 2014 when I drafted him late and I'm a Giants homer

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
You have talked be into picking up Doctson.

I dropped Marqise Goodwin to get him, not like my bench could get any worse.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Benne posted:

Alex Collins is poo poo

Source: Someone who's watched Alex Collins for more than one game

How much of that was him and how much was it your atrocious o-line? Not being argumentative, I'm genuinely asking. Cause I hope he actually can do well cause I liked his college highlights. He's fun to watch run like Marshawn or Chris Ivory.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Redskins experts, what are your thoughts on Crowder? I have him in 3 leagues because I'm an idiot.

He suffers from the same problem any player not named Reed has; Cousins will spread the wealth around and there's no guarantee that any particular player will stand out. He sees his targets and catches most of them, but he isn't terribly reliable. I wouldn't trust him as anything beyond a flex.

I am in four leagues and didn't draft a single player from Washington.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Doltos posted:

I cut ODB in 2014 when I drafted him late and I'm a Giants homer

Ok yea thats a worse feeling

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He suffers from the same problem any player not named Reed has; Cousins will spread the wealth around and there's no guarantee that any particular player will stand out. He sees his targets and catches most of them, but he isn't terribly reliable. I wouldn't trust him as anything beyond a flex.

I am in four leagues and didn't draft a single player from Washington.

Whelp I guess I should be less attached to him. I was really high on the Washington offense after year too. This is what I get for not reading the thread during summer. :rip:

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Whelp I guess I should be less attached to him. I was really high on the Washington offense after year too. This is what I get for not reading the thread during summer. :rip:
I'm fading Pryor at this point (and pro-Doctson) but I do believe Crowder will rebound and will be helped a lot by the upcoming bye week. Starting the year with a hip injury has probably affected him more than the team would like to admit but he was a fairly vital part of their passing attack last year. Led the team in red zone targets last year and leads the team this year too even though he hasn't found the end zone yet. Worth holding for now and I might send some buy low offers out for him.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I like but don't trust him, largely for the same reasons as beer. Last season he did well, and averaged about 6 targets per game - same as he's doing currently - but also was a primary red zone target, especially when reed was out. However, he inexplicably had 4(?) Ish games with 3 or fewer targets, and put up under 5 points for weeks 14-17. Some of his bad receiving weeks were bailed out by the return role he doesn't have anymore.

Offense was moving again last week and he saw 6 targets, but fumbled again. He's going to have weeks he's startable. I just don't have any thoughts on how to predict them.

He's also going to be fighting with Ryan Grant and doctson for targets, as the two of them approve.

He's had more targets than Pryor for the last two weeks. But does he have the skills to beat the top CB if he emerges as the number one? Last year he was the number three, and fantasy performance was based on his efficiency in catching targets.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I think the Washington offense has the potential to be strong, but a huge part of that strength is because Cousins has so many weapons. He has shown a willingness to spread the ball around, which means outside of Cousins himself any start is a potential landmine. What I didn't expect was for the defense to make such a strong showing. I shouldn't be surprised given that they finally don't have any injuries and booted out their loser DC (WE COULD HAVE HAD loving WADE PHILLIPS WHAT THE gently caress GRUDEN), but the defense could also help the offense get more plays.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think the Washington offense has the potential to be strong, but a huge part of that strength is because Cousins has so many weapons. He has shown a willingness to spread the ball around, which means outside of Cousins himself any start is a potential landmine. What I didn't expect was for the defense to make such a strong showing. I shouldn't be surprised given that they finally don't have any injuries and booted out their loser DC (WE COULD HAVE HAD loving WADE PHILLIPS WHAT THE gently caress GRUDEN), but the defense could also help the offense get more plays.

True. The strength of the running game has also been a bit of a surprise to me, and hurts cousins fantasy value. When fat Kelley returns and is 100% he's a safe start I think.

I had expected cousins to come out stronger, honestly.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Should I start Hyde over Smallwood? He seems like a go, but he won't be 100% apparently.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

generally I prefer posted:

Should I start Hyde over Smallwood? He seems like a go, but he won't be 100% apparently.

Do you have Breida? I'd definitely play Hyde over Smallwood, especially if you have Hyde's handcuff. There was a report saying Hyde will play, but there's definitely some risk he won't start.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

tonic posted:

Do you have Breida? I'd definitely play Hyde over Smallwood, especially if you have Hyde's handcuff. There was a report saying Hyde will play, but there's definitely some risk he won't start.

Don't have him, but I can pick him up.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I hate u Jay Cutler

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
This is one of the worst games I've ever seen. Don't think I'll be rolling players out in London if I have anything else going forward.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Worth trading J. Stewart for Powell in a .5 ppr league?

Had that offered to me but not really sure what I think of it.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

In 0.5 PPR, if you had one of these guys:

-Gurley (7th Rd next year)
-McCoy (3rd Rd next year)
-Freeman (1st Rd next year)

Who would you trade for one of these:

-Julio (1st round next year)
-Demaryius (5th round next year)
-OBJ (Can't be kept)
-Alshon (3rd round next year)

I'm stacked with backup/lottery bench RBs (Cohen, Foreman, Abdullah, Henry) so I've got decent options if I ship one of these RBs out.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Worth trading J. Stewart for Powell in a .5 ppr league?

Had that offered to me but not really sure what I think of it.

If you're getting Powell then absolutely.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Mike Evans just got traded for Lynch and Travis Benjamin.

To the same guy that got Kareem Hunt and Sammy for AJ Green and James White last week.

gently caress this dead gay fantasy league.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 1, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

generally I prefer posted:

Don't have him, but I can pick him up.

FWIW I had Breida on my team, watched him run, then cut Breida from my team

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If you were wondering what a downgrade from Ryan Tannehill looked like, welp, here you go

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I have a gross amount of Elijah McGuire shares now. I guess he's my speculative add of the week.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Doltos posted:

FWIW I had Breida on my team, watched him run, then cut Breida from my team

I've got the bench space so it's not a huge problem. I've got Smallwood and Cohen as well so at least I've got something to fill in with even if Breida is awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
kyle rudolph youre loving up my fantasy team

• Locked thread