Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The safest bet there is, though, is that if they really like Toga, they really like Junko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

The safest bet there is, though, is that if they really like Toga, they really like Junko.
Enoshima Junko?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Enoshima Junko?
If that's Tits McMurder Junko, then yes.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

PMush Perfect posted:

as someone who likes junko, it's true

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

If we're going to be making danganronpa comparisons then Toga seems a lot more like Syo.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
On point with Junko, but I think the vore thing is pure projection.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

Midoriya is pretty lucky that Uraraka came back when she did. If she'd come back a minute or two later he might have talked himself in to turning Midoriya into a pile of dust.

I feel like with how long it takes Shigaraki to do some real damage, Midoriya could have elbowed him at full power before he was in serious danger. It'd probably straight up blow a hole through his chest though and cause a ton of collatoral damage.

I honestly feel like Shigaraki's quirk isn't that great for a 1 on 1 fight. Dude needs an upgrade or some creativity if he'd gonna be the next Symbol of Evil.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't think Shigaraki needs 1 minute of continuous contact. Just that after the fingers touch you will be disentigrated within a minute. And he's a dude that can keep up with Aizawa so he can probably survive until whoever he's fighting is dead.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't think Shigaraki needs 1 minute of continuous contact. Just that after the fingers touch you will be disentigrated within a minute. And he's a dude that can keep up with Aizawa so he can probably survive until whoever he's fighting is dead.

Yeah, Shiggy dropped the doors to UA in front of all those reporters, pretty sure his effect is instant, it just takes a little bit to complete once it's going.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

He only disintegrated the skin of Aizawa's elbow though. I probably am underestimating him but from what I've seen Midoriya had a good chance of being able to elbow a crator in his chest.

I do think Midoriya did the right thing in not trying anything but I feel like if Shigaraki decided to kill him he had a fighting chance.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nephthys posted:

He only disintegrated the skin of Aizawa's elbow though. I probably am underestimating him but from what I've seen Midoriya had a good chance of being able to elbow a crator in his chest.

I do think Midoriya did the right thing in not trying anything but I feel like if Shigaraki decided to kill him he had a fighting chance.

Can't Aizawa cancel the affect though? Most can't stop it once it gets going.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You are absolutely underestimating Shigaraki's combat abilities. Look back to the first attack. He took an elbow from Aizawa and didn't mind, and he was punched (well, at least some sort of attack) by All Might when he saved Deku, Mineta and Tsuyu and kept standing. When the three were in the water, he closed the gap between them in an instant. And all he needs to do is touch someone with five fingers to kill them. Aizawa lucked out because of his quirk. The reason it looked like it took a long time for his quirk to do any damage was literally because of the animated format.

Shigaraki is "weak" in the general shounen sense, yes. He has many counters and he's far from this invincible threat that you need a training montage to beat. He left the first fight he was in in the show as a bleeding mess on the floor. But he's definitely got more under the hood than what is basically a short-range instakill quirk.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Shigaraki is a complete goon down to wearing a hoodie in summer, except for fighting where's he very fast for ostensibly a human man and strong

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

He had his hand on Midoriya's neck, even if he thought he could maybe hit him before he can react it would mean risking his carotids. Shigaraki wouldn't need to do much to kill like that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mordaedil posted:

On point with Junko, but I think the vore thing is pure projection.

It's mostly a joke based on the goof that low-key vore artists draw mouths super detailed.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

It's mostly a joke based on the goof that low-key vore artists draw mouths super detailed.

https://twitter.com/talipaw/status/880610597251010560?lang=en

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
going by Shigaraki, Toga and Ectoplasm, i would say horikoshi is def into hand and mouth play

horikoshi also draws teeth cool, just gives everyone big ol chompers

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

What's a Junko?

Oh.

everyone please read that description

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That's certainly a description.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
stop. i'm already hype for season 3

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

a kitten posted:

What's a Junko?

Oh.

everyone please read that description
The funniest part is that you can tell just how desperate they were to find a "normal" picture of her because she's basically T-posing.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

I just marathoned this show at the recommendation of some pals and man, I love these kids but... do the villains ever get more compelling? Stain and Tomura both just seemed pissy that heroes are just human beings who need to make a living/can't be everywhere at once, and that society is for the most part happy. People who want to abuse their quirks to commit crimes like the small-time villains, or who want to accumulate power and control like All for One are easy enough to understand, but I can't understand what drives Tomura beyond "I'm a giant baby who hates All Might cause he's cool :goonsay:"

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yes.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah there's just honestly a lot that has been revealed about Shigaraki in the anime. All we know is that he is being and has been molded by a greater force than himself into becoming a villain. I only have anecdotal evidence, but yeah I'm very sure Shigaraki will have character development. Even at the end of Season 2 you can see that he now has to become a leader of men where before he just had his butler and a mindless behemoth working for him. As for what he's after, he like everyone seems to have some beefs with All Might we just don't know about.

I'm with you on Stain tho, I never felt like had interesting points or cool ways of going about his plans, I never understood the One Of The Coolest Manga villains that people took from him

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 1, 2017

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Feranon posted:

I can't understand what drives Tomura beyond "I'm a giant baby who hates All Might cause he's cool :goonsay:"

That changing is a major part of his character arc

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Stain was the Unabomber of the MHA world I guess

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nephthys posted:

I feel like with how long it takes Shigaraki to do some real damage, Midoriya could have elbowed him at full power before he was in serious danger. It'd probably straight up blow a hole through his chest though and cause a ton of collatoral damage.

I honestly feel like Shigaraki's quirk isn't that great for a 1 on 1 fight. Dude needs an upgrade or some creativity if he'd gonna be the next Symbol of Evil.

Nephthys posted:

If Shigaraki touches someone they are dead. Aizawa is litterly the only one who could have survived by touched by Shigaraki. Cause he canceled the quirk right after being touched.

If Izuku had gotten his neck touched then his head would have fallen off within a few seconds. Just to bring out the minor spoiler that we later see Shigaraki use his quirk on some nameless fodder guy. The guy dies gruesomely and very quickly just from having his chest tapped.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 1, 2017

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

fool_of_sound posted:

oh nice, now the only other thing that needs to happen is mineta being left at the bottom of a well to rot :haw:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, we're getting close to spoiler territory going into too much detail but

fool_of_sound posted:

Has the right of it. It started this episode, and All For One's been talking about it here and there since the first season, but there's definitely more to come.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

fool_of_sound posted:

Izuku even brought it up this episode. "While I could not agree with Stain, I could understand him. I can't agree with or understand you."

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I wonder what All For One wants with Shigaraki, does he want him as an heir? For some reason I doubt he'd relinquish his power just like that. But helping him grow and become a leader makes no sense if he simply wants to take over his body.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

gmq posted:

I wonder what All For One wants with Shigaraki, does he want him as an heir? For some reason I doubt he'd relinquish his power just like that. But helping him grow and become a leader makes no sense if he simply wants to take over his body.

It's possible that All For One's consciousness comes with the power and slowly influences the bearer until they're one in the same. OTOH inheriting legacies is a major theme of the show.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Feranon posted:

but I can't understand what drives Tomura beyond "I'm a giant baby who hates All Might cause he's cool :goonsay:"

Tomura is basically the villain version of Deku narratively. They're both being groomed to replace the Symbol of Justice/Evil. Just as Deku is a dork in the beginning so is Tomura.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

gmq posted:

I think Shigaraki being intended as his heir was mentioned at some point. AfO looks pretty messed up and wired in, so either he's dying, or he's crippled and hasn't found a quirk to get around it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cheston posted:

I think Shigaraki being intended as his heir was mentioned at some point. AfO looks pretty messed up and wired in, so either he's dying, or he's crippled and hasn't found a quirk to get around it.

Well they mentioned they wish they had found the super regeneration quirk before AfO injuires had healed. As it was useless for him after that.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
for me, the scary thing about shigaraki is that he was and is being groomed to be a force to destabilize a society built on the idea of unconquerable justice. afo took a kid with a deeply tragic life and has weaponized them and clearly intends to one day give them what is frankly unspeakable amounts of power. shigaraki's already dangerous on an individual level right now, but that's not nearly so important as what he's supposed to become

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Related note, The Something Witty guys released a sneak peak of the Abridged version of MHA, you just...you know, you just need to cough up 25 dollars or something for it, it's a patreon early bird reward. I was utterly blown away by Sword Art Online Abridged, and just like My Hero, I'm going into this whole thing blind. Unlike SAO though, I hear MHA is really really really good.

You know what? I'm not big on anime but... gently caress it, I think i'm going to watch My Hero. English dubbed too, why not, I hope it's good.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

That's pretty cool. I kind of hope they manage to get dub Deku's voice actor to cameo, he's been in abridged series things before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fargin Icehole posted:

Related note, The Something Witty guys released a sneak peak of the Abridged version of MHA, you just...you know, you just need to cough up 25 dollars or something for it, it's a patreon early bird reward. I was utterly blown away by Sword Art Online Abridged, and just like My Hero, I'm going into this whole thing blind. Unlike SAO though, I hear MHA is really really really good.

You know what? I'm not big on anime but... gently caress it, I think i'm going to watch My Hero. English dubbed too, why not, I hope it's good.
It is! It's somewhat more liberal with interpreting/adapting lines than the sub, but that actually tends to make it flow a little better, IMO. You probably won't even notice unless you compare them side-by-side.

• Locked thread