Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Calaveron posted:

Rewatching for the fifth time and I would like to know other bits of interesting trivia like how Kelsey Grammer was fighting some pretty bad addiction demons and how Niles lost his hair in a hurry

Neither Kelsey Grammer nor David Hyde Pierce cared for opera at all. John Mahoney had to give them pointers on the highlights of the genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

probably the most interesting thing is to try and figure out which celebrity guest they got to phone in as a caller since they got quite a few big 90s guys in there

like of course david duchovny would call in as a sex addict :allears:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Wait, really? None of the caller voices ever jumped out at me as familiar; I just thought they were random actors, extras, whatever you'd call someone in such a one-time role.

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Strudel Man posted:

Wait, really? None of the caller voices ever jumped out at me as familiar; I just thought they were random actors, extras, whatever you'd call someone in such a one-time role.

The season finales usually had a "thank you for calling" montage of all the callers' headshots.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

ChiralCondensate posted:

The season finales usually had a "thank you for calling" montage of all the callers' headshots.

Oh my god that's what that was

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
What episode should I watch tonight while drinking Irish vodka and orange soda on the couch instead of going out?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What episode should I watch tonight while drinking Irish vodka and orange soda on the couch instead of going out?

The answer is always The Innkeepers.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Strudel Man posted:

it's kinda hard to tell through the bad 90s phone audio filter they ran the voices through, assuming the actors didn't just literally phone in their cameo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNPrlVXeuEA

here's a montage of a few callers if you want to ruin the surprise

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Solice Kirsk posted:

The answer is always The Innkeepers.

I've just seen it so many times. How about this: best episode that is not a good episode over all, but has some very funny parts?

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
never seen it

dunno if it's already been posted but i heard the guy that made the show died in the twin tower attack

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I've just seen it so many times. How about this: best episode that is not a good episode over all, but has some very funny parts?

Mama Mia.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

FuturePastNow posted:

I liked Frasier as a teenager for some reason I can't explain

Also liked Mad About You but I know the reason there

Who could possibly like Mad About you? This is the most disturbing post in this thread

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The two only children callers the Frasier Crane Doctor Show ever had were of course Macauley Culkin and Elijah Wood

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I have not really seen Frasier, should I actually go through the effort of watching the whole thing?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Waffle House posted:

I have not really seen Frasier, should I actually go through the effort of watching the whole thing?

Hell yes!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Who could possibly like Mad About you? This is the most disturbing post in this thread

I thought Helen Hunt was attractive and I liked the dog

Also I was 12.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I watched MadTV but at least I never watched Mad About You.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I thought Helen Hunt was attractive and I liked the dog

Also I was 12.

Yeah, same.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Waffle House posted:

Just because of this thread the next time I'm sick I'm going to binge rewatch the while thing and then relish every post in this thread. It will be awesome (assuming I recover.)

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Spinster posted:

Just because of this thread the next time I'm sick I'm going to binge rewatch the while thing and then relish every post in this thread. It will be awesome (assuming I recover.)

Wouldn't it be awesome even if you didn't recover? It's a valid way to spend your final hours.

naem
May 29, 2011

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
That looks really uncomfortable.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Daphne is meant to have some credentials and she is a servant.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

femcastra posted:

That looks really uncomfortable.

It's making parts of me pretty uncomfortable

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Yeah Daphne's supposed to be an accredited physical therapist specializing in elderly care but she's a live in maid who's seen working with Martin a handful of times and is more often seen dusting Frasier's weird african sex gods

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
And Frasier still complains he pays her too much

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Remember that storyline where the writers forgot she was a physical therapist and wrote about Niles and her breaking class lines to be together. Think it was the one where Frasier had a butler. Pretty sure there was even a line like "Professionalism draws a line between a family and their servants" and Daphne just kind of rolls along with it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Or the whole "you can't have sex in my house but you have to live here" episode. It seemed really weirdly puritanical, even for the 90's and especially from someone as educated and cosmopolitan as Frasier.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Or the whole "you can't have sex in my house but you have to live here" episode. It seemed really weirdly puritanical, even for the 90's and especially from someone as educated and cosmopolitan as Frasier.

I think he was just mad over his constantly disappointing love life.

Also maybe Niles is a screamer?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Remember when Niles hosed Lillith

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Inescapable Duck posted:

Remember when Niles hosed Lillith

Fantastic episode. Also when I discovered what eggs Florentine was.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I forgot to say: this was the right answer.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Remember how Daphne had to go to the basement of the building to do everybody's laundry for years because Frasier wanted a closet for his hats.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
my wife puts frasier on at night to fall to sleep to so weve probably watched the entire series 10 times and at this point i actively hate everyone except Bebe, Cam and Donnie.

Proud Christian Mom fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 1, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I liked Mel too. She wasn't like Maris. She cared about Niles and was no where near as snippy as everyone else in the show, but they all aced like she was this horrible garbage monster because she suggested that Niles could be cork master (a stupid thing to begin with). Even the episode the used to establish she was a bitch they just skipped over everything and just had the main cast tear into her after the time skip.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL yeah and then after Niles ruins her life and cheats on her with his dad's physical therapist they write around it in circles with that whole "we have to act married or ill make this divorce really lovely" which went on foreeeeeever and sucked because they were trying to justify her being lovely but everything just made Niles look like a lovely child.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

90% of frasiers problems are due to his insistence on involving himself in things that have nothing to do with him.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
The show also starts doing these weird insistences that Frasier has tremendous integrity but didn't actually show it until the point where they start insisting that Frasier is a man of tremendous integrity

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Like that episode with the parking garage. Completely unreasonable response to something he had to have run in to before but his principles.

Still, I love Luis Guzman so I'm conflicted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Calaveron posted:

The show also starts doing these weird insistences that Frasier has tremendous integrity but didn't actually show it until the point where they start insisting that Frasier is a man of tremendous integrity

It does seem like every time his "professional ethics" come up it's almost always immediately before he gray areas them away, like with the politician that thought he saw aliens