Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

you'll never guess who is really behind Catalonian independence

https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/912999658955448320

putiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn! :argh:

Is Russia not using social media and other factors to directly prop up nationalist factions in every NATO country to destabilize them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Jazerus posted:

i mean

catalans have wanted to separate for a long time. russian involvement is basically incidental here - the catalans didn't need any external prodding to hold the referendum, and spain didn't need an excuse to go full fash on the referendum.

im excited to see what the french and jupiter lui meme are gonna do about all this :stare:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jazerus posted:

i mean

catalans have wanted to separate for a long time. russian involvement is basically incidental here - the catalans didn't need any external prodding to hold the referendum, and spain didn't need an excuse to go full fash on the referendum.

Why leave to its own devices what you can instead shamelessly meddle in and suffer no consequences! It's like you've never read any fiction about villainous masterminds.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jazerus posted:

i mean

[extremely NYU political scientist voice]

then how do you explain these influencers on twitter? checkmake, vlad! :smug:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

zegermans posted:

Is Russia not using social media and other factors to directly prop up nationalist factions in every NATO country to destabilize them?

they still mad about us breaking ukraine

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

im excited to see what the french and jupiter lui meme are gonna do about all this :stare:

politely applaud while wishing the occitans would show the same dedication to separatism so they could fash some folks too

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
The Iron Sheik has more social media clout than most of these Russian Bot armies combined.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Baloogan posted:

they still mad about us breaking ukraine

they won in Ukraine though. I wonder if this dates back to the South Ossetia troubles and Putin realizing he can't win directly against the west so now he's just airdropping termites everywhere

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

I did a thing posted:

should I buy ME: Andromeda? I need an long-term game to play. Ideally an RPG. Burned out on Guild Wars 2

yeah it's good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Addamere posted:

so what ever happened to isis do we just not give a poo poo about them anymore because the orange man on the tv box is more interesting or what

Obama did a good job with them

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Zberan Madowinty posted:

If anyone wants to know how much of racist engagement on Twitter is bot-related, check this out.

I got screenshot-tweeted by one of the more popular racists out there, that racist lady who's too racist for UKIP.

https://twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/914490201652826112

Typical emotional pablum bullshit, in her neverending call for war against Islam. Hitler conquered half of Europe and we didn't turn on our fellow citizens, I'll be goddamned if I let some bastard terrorist stabbing someone in a train station do it.

Anyway, check out the likes and retweets on that, fuuuuuuck, my mentions are gonna blow up, right? This was 2 and a half hours ago, I'm dreading checking into Twitter. Her army of totally real followers are really going to lay into me!

Oh.

Well I bet they're really tearing into me on replies to that controversial tweet!

Oh.

Well poo poo.

wha

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

I know Russia is stirring up separatist rhetoric but looking at video of police stomping Catalans and upturning ballot boxes, yeah, gently caress Spain

There isn't anything Russia could have done that wouldn't have already escalated racial tensions in the US, or the Catalan independence movement, more than what's already there to begin with

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

oh yeah obviously get witcher 3 and all the DLC if you haven't though

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zelda breath of the wild is real good

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

you'll never guess who is really behind Catalonian independence

https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/912999658955448320

putiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn! :argh:

drat putin, undoing all the hardwork stalin put it to suppress catalonia

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

zegermans posted:

do you mean nationalist or separatist

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

zegermans posted:

the calexit pac president literally lives in russia, where they have an "embassy" provided rent-free by the government

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/JudLounsbury/status/914120248823042049

the most embarrassing and awful thing is that those kids didn't immediately murder him

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

dont eat mushrooms while that stupid mean bright thing in the sky is lookin at u :milk: !!!!!!

funny u say because the basis behind wanting 2 do so in the morning was that i usually only do so at nite...

Baloogan posted:

i just came in from a smoke now i have to smoke again thanks thread

u should try the nicotine gum, of course not nearly as sexy as smoking but at least u dont look like a vaporbro and it successfully scratches the itch (plus u can use it whenever/wherever - so if ur like a code writer who dreams of being able to werk while chainsmoking well theres ur chance!)

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

a preview of mid-terms in 2018 America probably

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

He made a tweet, a famous racist lady capped it and got a lot of activity from that, but no one came and actually got mad at him

Probably because they're just robots who fave things

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Mariana Horchata posted:

funny u say because the basis behind wanting 2 do so in the morning was that i usually only do so at nite...
:wink:

Mariana Horchata posted:

u should try the nicotine gum, of course not nearly as sexy as smoking but at least u dont look like a vaporbro and it successfully scratches the itch (plus u can use it whenever/wherever - so if ur like a code writer who dreams of being able to werk while chainsmoking well theres ur chance!)

or more importantly the chewing gum wont ignite the sewer gas!!!!!!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

:wink:

or more importantly the chewing gum wont ignite the sewer gas!!!!!!

just lmao if you think baloogan doesn't bathe in ignited sewer gas

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

YOU A loving HAT posted:

gently caress dude that's AWESOME, congrats, I'm trying to get my friend's kid brother to quit

Do what my boss did when I was younger: bet me $200 I couldn't quit which I then did because TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS?? Then pay up and tell me to pay it forward which I also eventually did. Cigs are so foul now ew

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

how is epstein not in jail for life?

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

calexit sucks, should go w/ california secedin' or something else pls

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

The law doesn't apply to rich white people

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

juche avocado posted:

calexit sucks, should go w/ california secedin' or something else pls

I'm partial to CaLeave-ornia

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
epstein lives in the us virgin islands. ofcourse he does.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Sir Tonk posted:

:10bux:

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Spoeank posted:

I'm partial to CaLeave-ornia

:engleft: jfc

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

zegermans posted:

do their items names actually mean anything in Swedish or is it all gibberish

Bathroom articles = Names of Swedish lakes and bodies of water
Bed textiles = Flowers and plants
Beds, wardrobes, hall furniture = Norwegian place names
Bookcases = Professions, Scandinavian boy’s names
Bowls, vases, candle and candle holders = Swedish place names, adjectives, spices, herbs, fruits and berries
Boxes, wall decoration, pictures and frames, clocks = Swedish slang expressions, Swedish place names
Children’s products = Mammals, birds, adjectives
Desks, chairs and swivel chairs = Scandinavian boy’s names
Fabrics, curtains = Scandinavian girl’s names
Garden furniture = Scandinavian islands
Kitchen accessories = Fish, mushrooms and adjectives
Lighting = Units of measurement, seasons, months, days, shipping and nautical terms, Swedish place names
Rugs = Danish place names
Sofas, armchairs, chairs and dining tables = Swedish place names

lol at using Danish names for things you walk over

quote:

The rules for naming were devised by IKEA’s founder Ingvar Kamprad, who struggled with dyslexia and had trouble remembering the order of numbers in item codes. The name IKEA itself is acronym for Ingvar, Kamprad, Elmtaryd (his family’s farm) and Agunnaryd (the village in Småland where he grew up in).

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Sir Tonk posted:

rich and white

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

I did a thing posted:

should I buy ME: Andromeda? I need an long-term game to play. Ideally an RPG. Burned out on Guild Wars 2

Just buy whatever game to last you until January and then get Monster Hunter World.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

friends will Bill Clinton and Donald Trump

more like he's set for life

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/JudLounsbury/status/914120248823042049

the most embarrassing and awful thing is that those kids didn't immediately murder him

It's like they really want to kick off a bloody revolution

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Jazerus posted:

just lmao if you think baloogan doesn't bathe

then laff ur fukken rear end off :shrug:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/914533358331338752

indeed

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

what the everloving CHRIST is Spain doing

like wtf why don't you just let them vote and then throw all that poo poo away later and be like LOL gently caress it we already said it was unconstitutional, rather than breaking fingers and firing rubber bullets at old people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/914526555862441984

:yikes:

• Locked thread