Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cam can still be a very effective qb in this league. This year is probably shot though.

Mike Shula cannot devise that offense because he is completely incompetent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Pretty incredible to me that Mike Shula is employed in 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Pretty incredible to me that Mike Shula is employed in 2017

Yeah I want to die about it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

If his body is physically breaking down, is 2-3 weeks really going to do much in the long run?

Yeah it would do more than you think. NFL trainers during the season are like pit crews at a drift event they just duct tape and zip tie poo poo together to get you through the 17 weeks plus playoffs.

It at least would give them a chance to see if there's a road to salvage his season I.e. another two weeks off or whatever or whether or not it's going to be a career issue if you don't sit him for the year.

I don't think cam got hurt that much doing the running. All qbs tell ya the ones you see coming aren't the dangerous ones.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah I want to die about it.

Who would be your pick if given a choice?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BlindSite posted:

Yeah it would do more than you think. NFL trainers during the season are like pit crews at a drift event they just duct tape and zip tie poo poo together to get you through the 17 weeks plus playoffs.

It at least would give them a chance to see if there's a road to salvage his season I.e. another two weeks off or whatever or whether or not it's going to be a career issue if you don't sit him for the year.

I don't think cam got hurt that much doing the running. All qbs tell ya the ones you see coming aren't the dangerous ones.

Yep. Also his issues in the game last week seemed to be way more with his throwing arm / throwing motion. Now that could be related to some back or hip issue I guess, but I haven't followed what all his injuries are.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

That Works posted:

Yep. Also his issues in the game last week seemed to be way more with his throwing arm / throwing motion. Now that could be related to some back or hip issue I guess, but I haven't followed what all his injuries are.

His action was bad with his feet. He wasn't planting and driving properly. I'm gonna guess a lot of that is the ankle.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BlindSite posted:

His action was bad with his feet. He wasn't planting and driving properly. I'm gonna guess a lot of that is the ankle.

Ahh, makes sense. It was just obvious that his whole motion was... exaggerated? Probably trying to muscle out throws with his arm instead of a full body motion. Looked real rough.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah that's what I noticed too. If you're trying to muscle stuff instead of being relaxed and mechanically sound you lose power and accuracy quite a bit no matter the sport unfortunately.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Throwing instead of pitching.

Except he's also got a bad shoulder laffo

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Yeah that's what I noticed too. If you're trying to muscle stuff instead of being relaxed and mechanically sound you lose power and accuracy quite a bit no matter the sport unfortunately.

Hah yep, there were a couple throws in the last game where I watched him set and windup and was like 'oh poo poo he's going deep' then its a screen pass for like 8 yds.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

BlindSite posted:

Based on the article ( I haven't seen any Panther games yet this year) it sounded all doom and gloom. From what you are saying it just sounds like football wear and tear so yea a couple weeks off would help in that scenario. I see your point now.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Before this week I was leaning towards "if he can't participate in practice and still be healthy enough to start, he shouldn't be playing" but then Anderson came in having been the #1 QB in practice and immediately air mailed his first pass and short-armed his second to such a hilarious extent that I began wishing for Kaaya to go in.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Start Brad Kaaya

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Who would be your pick if given a choice?

Cam had success with a two tight end, traditional play action offense with a kinda pointless read option wrinkle. It fell art when they

A. Lost their second tight end
B. Tried to put more of that read option poo poo in
C. Chud got cute trying to get a job

Then they promoted Shula because he would run the kinda 1950s offense Jerry and Ron wanted but sold it as some fun cam newton led nonsense. Keep in mind even though they won the south in 2013 and 2014, the offense was nothing special. It was a clunky, overall ineffective mess where every now and then cam would bail them out. In 2014 cam was already starting to fall apart.

In 2015 all the stars aligned, but only as literally using cam as a lead runner to suck up a safety and linebackers. In 2016, all the teas figured out to stop it and that was by murdering him.

So here we are, cam has taken a full season +3 games of kill shots, and this season is probably gone.

They need to start treating him like a normal qb who can run. Put him under center, let him do play actions and hard counts, and give him designed rollouts.

It doesn't matter though in the end. I think cam is done, and Jerry won't force riveras hand on Shula. This is our life now.

Yeah, the patriots have the worst defense in the league. What is belichick gonna do against an offense that can't throw?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah, the patriots have the worst defense in the league. What is belichick gonna do against an offense that can't throw?

what if cam

had

a gun

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
https://twitter.com/FalconsKelsey/status/913461024291991552

:dance:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

FizFashizzle posted:

How can you honestly believe that when you play the Saints twice a year?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

lol I just looked at the box score and 101 of Cam's 167 yards went to CMC? :psyduck:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol I just looked at the box score and 101 of Cam's 167 yards went to CMC? :psyduck:

Benjamin was out after the second series.

Most of that came on one pass.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Benjamin was out after the second series.

Most of that came on one pass.

Wow. That must have been a fun one to watch...yeesh.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

This Pats D made Alex Smith look like the Sex Cannon.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Chilichimp posted:

This Pats D made Alex Smith look like the Sex Cannon.

The Saints have been doing poo poo like that for 6 years. They set the bar for doing poo poo like that.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
If the Panthers don't figure out how to stop teams from sacking Cam five or six times a game they may as well just sit him every other week and let Andersen take some hits, otherwise Cam will be done for the season before the bye week.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

*pounds tiny fists on desk* Start Brad Kaaya!

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Please Mr President, Cam didn't even kneel!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

zimbomonkey posted:

Please Mr President, Cam didn't even kneel!

Maybe he should, god drat.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/913822848938070017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I freaking love Takk so so much :allears:

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

I freaking love Takk so so much :allears:

Same.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/Takk/status/913827614300737536

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Chilichimp posted:

Maybe he should, god drat.

i would like if he did but it's really not my place to tell some other guy what his priorities are. Apparently after meeting Jerry the panthers feel comfortable protesting so we'll see.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It's ok if they Do, it's ok if they don't.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I mean during the game, he's gonna die out there.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Lol the Saints are trash. Only saved by the fact Miami are worse. Most 'entertainment' has been my son trolling me by pointing out every Tom Brady shirt he sees.

Saints do seem to have a lot of fans here though

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
2-2 :dance:

Now if we can only break .500 after the bye.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Gotta give these Falcons credit, these are sweet shoes:

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/914527918268829697
https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/914531607763136514

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Dat Saints defense tho! Shutout!

Grats Saints bros!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dat Saints defense tho! Shutout!

Grats Saints bros!

:hfive:

I'll take "Things you did not think you'd hear about the Saints D" for 200, Alex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

My favourite bit was the triple fumble

• Locked thread