Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Getting back into the game after taking a break for a few months. I see my twitch gear is worth a half decent amount of cash. Should I sell it all now or just wait and hope that the price will go up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
sell now

TF2 stuff goes down and up but nobody ever knows which is which so get in while its valuable imo

since its loot that can't be duplicated any more odds are not poor it will go up, but i can sell a genuine gun on TF2 for 35 cents and those are one of a kind, so be aware.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Jesus the OC servers used to be full of racist Aussies now they are full of Russians

Edit: 1st round back after 3 months away top 10. Glad to see most the playerbase is still poo poo.

Raged fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Oct 1, 2017

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Raged posted:

Jesus the OC servers used to be full of racist Aussies now they are full of Russians

Edit: 1st round back after 3 months away top 10. Glad to see most the playerbase is still poo poo.

No kidding. I had a month break and snuck in two rounds. Shanked the first and then the second got my first ever chicken dinner with 12 kills, quite anti climatic really. Just got a 1440p monitor though and it's real nice for spotting compared to 1920x1200.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

underage at the vape shop posted:

Get video evidence of someone using no recoil macros, they'll get banned super quick

I got killed by some guy bunny hopping with M16 bursts, it was the single indication of 'jesus that guy has got to be hacking' I've seen thus far.

https://streamable.com/l6us0

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Maluco Marinero posted:

No kidding. I had a month break and snuck in two rounds. Shanked the first and then the second got my first ever chicken dinner with 12 kills, quite anti climatic really. Just got a 1440p monitor though and it's real nice for spotting compared to 1920x1200.
you can actually run this game above 1920x1200?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

sometimes I literally daydream about getting over 50fps at 4k in this game

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

Bhodi posted:

you can actually run this game above 1920x1200?

Treated myself to a MSI GTX 1080 last year. Pushes along pretty much anything I can throw at it without a drama really.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I imagine I'd be better at 4k but considering all but two pro streamers are at 1920x12XX pretty sure I'd just continue my tradition of getting headshot from the blue, just in greater fidelity

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

I got killed by some guy bunny hopping with M16 bursts, it was the single indication of 'jesus that guy has got to be hacking' I've seen thus far.

https://streamable.com/l6us0

drat that's hosed up. I like how after you are downed he's still firing through the hill at your location.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
That's got to be the most obvious hacking I have ever seen. Look at that firing through the hill poo poo directly your the head and tracking as you move when he's got no sight at all. And of course the headshot the instant you peek, which I guess is theoretically possible but c'mon, every single shot hits

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

1. What reshade packs are you guys all using?

2. How does one go about binding CTRL+MWHEEL to zero up/down on the sights?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I don't think we ever got a conclusion to the question of draw distance. Does it still do anything to the draw distance of foliage? I've got mine on very low, but if that's why I have a hard time telling where vehicles are as I drop in I probably want to try changing that.

Is there a downside to Yasnaya Polyana that is why so few people drop there? I've noticed the giant building out east and the building identical to the prison just a bit west of there tend to have great loot but I never see anyone there when I drop in.

What range do you all tend to keep your ARs zeroed when outside of cities? I've been keeping it at 100, but I'm wondering if I should hop up to 200. Or does it not really matter in your experience?

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 1, 2017

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Yasnaya can be tough to get out of if you have to go south or west, which you usually will, because it's nothing but open fields.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

mechaet posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTn09nhRs2Y

My first ever solo chicken dinner.

Second guy should have died much quicker but I thought I'd get him in the middle of the warehouse so I could loot without worrying about getting shot. My mistake.

Third guy should have killed me but I got lucky.

Oh hey, video evidence of me being terrible.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

mechaet posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTn09nhRs2Y

My first ever solo chicken dinner.

Second guy should have died much quicker but I thought I'd get him in the middle of the warehouse so I could loot without worrying about getting shot. My mistake.

Third guy should have killed me but I got lucky.

The constant keyboard clacking and background hum really make the video. Maybe buy a set of these...

https://www.amazon.com/Dampers-dampener-Switches-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B00HPQQLXM

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I would really like some kind of death cam or... something so I can see how I was killed when I'm shot to death by someone I can't see

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

The constant keyboard clacking and background hum really make the video. Maybe buy a set of these...

https://www.amazon.com/Dampers-dampener-Switches-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B00HPQQLXM

Both shadowplay and plays.tv have settings that only record your mic when you press a key if you're using PTT. Probably easier to use that (or just mute your mic when you're solo)

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Both shadowplay and plays.tv have settings that only record your mic when you press a key if you're using PTT. Probably easier to use that (or just mute your mic when you're solo)

Do both.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

I wasn't aware of the hotkey-to-voiceover setting in shadowplay, I'll enable it. My window fan and loud keyboard don't really serve to enhance the videos, and I very rarely talk to people in-game.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What range do you all tend to keep your ARs zeroed when outside of cities? I've been keeping it at 100, but I'm wondering if I should hop up to 200. Or does it not really matter in your experience?

With a 2x or 4x I just go ahead and bump it to 200, so center mass will still hit at a decent variety of ranges, and if they're a little closer in center mass may get a headshot. Caveat emptor I am bad and have gotten a few top 10s and one #2.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Arcella posted:

With a 2x or 4x I just go ahead and bump it to 200, so center mass will still hit at a decent variety of ranges, and if they're a little closer in center mass may get a headshot. Caveat emptor I am bad and have gotten a few top 10s and one #2.

try keeping your 4x at 300 at its lowest

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
I decided to play a round (it's been a while) in Asia to soothe my massive game insecurity issues. They were so kind and welcoming, and even fed me a chicken dinner

It's weird noticing how many things you miss when watching the video

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

It's real cool and good that they dedicate resources to investigating and banning people who stream snipe instead of just opening up any random lobby and banning anyone screaming racial slurs

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

seriously though, how many millions more copies do they have to sell before they can tell the game I don't live in Asia? and why do I still have to refresh my UI every time the party switches from 1PP to 3PP? harumph

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Keep fighting the good fight brother.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

always be closing posted:

Keep fighting the good fight brother.
These are some pretty reasonable questions, really.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I don't know how you all constantly get people yelling racial slurs, I've heard two or three in maybe 60 games, and my avatar is black.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I don't know how you all constantly get people yelling racial slurs, I've heard two or three in maybe 60 games, and my avatar is black.

Do you mute lobbies or something?

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

22 Eargesplitten posted:

It's really only one or two people per match at most, often times none. Because they are, I'm assuming, 14yr old boys who think saying the n-word is edgy, they certainly are quite loud about it, as 14yr old boys tend to be when they learn a new swear.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I was gonna post the same thing, and maybe add a guess that it's more prevelant on NA servers since the only time I heard them was queuing with NA goons and never solo EU

but now I just got off an EU duos with a bunch of "heil hitlers" in the lobby so maybe euros just do their racism in groups

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Do any goons queue for third person matches anymore? I get drunk plenty on my own, I don't need FPP's simulation of being sloppy drunk on top of it.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

FAUXTON posted:

Do any goons queue for third person matches anymore? I get drunk plenty on my own, I don't need FPP's simulation of being sloppy drunk on top of it.

We played like 10 matches in a row last night on 3rd because more people wanted to play 3rd.

So yes, definitely.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

FAUXTON posted:

I don't need FPP's simulation of being sloppy drunk on top of it.

what

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
i feel more nauseous in tpp than fpp

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FPP feels really awkward because it's moving like a third person game with the camera taped to the playermodel's forehead, so all the movement feels like you're trying to drive a loving bus through a labyrinth.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Ashrik posted:

I decided to play a round (it's been a while) in Asia to soothe my massive game insecurity issues. They were so kind and welcoming, and even fed me a chicken dinner

It's weird noticing how many things you miss when watching the video

I tried the Asia server last night and got my easiest top ten so far, but it didn't count in my stats for some reason. Also, I had someone sprint directly at the front of my buggy and try to pull off a headshot with a pistol at the last second. It did not end well for them.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 2, 2017

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Regrettable posted:

I tried the Asia server last night and got my easiest top ten so far, but it didn't count in my stats for some reason. Also, I had someone sprint directly at the front of my buggy and try to pull off a headshot with a pistol at the last second. It did not end well for them.
As that great general once said, "don't shoot until you see the whites of their OH MY GOD THEY'RE MOVING QUITE FAST!!!"

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Regrettable posted:

The stats are server dependant, you may not have been looking at your stats from the Asia server? Did you wait long enough for the match to finish as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

The B_36 posted:

The stats are server dependant, you may not have been looking at your stats from the Asia server? Did you wait long enough for the match to finish as well?

I did not realize that they were server dependent, but that makes sense.

• Locked thread