Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The day after the neo-Nazi/white supremacist/anti-immigration protests, yeesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
To be fair, if it's like the ISIS sympathizers in Calgary, it's more likely to be some whiny white incel loser convert, conceived from a load that should've been swallowed -- exactly the sort of person who would likely attend an anti-immigrant rally, had they been radicalized in a different context -- than an immigrant.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

PT6A posted:

To be fair, if it's like the ISIS sympathizers in Calgary, it's more likely to be some whiny white incel loser convert, conceived from a load that should've been swallowed -- exactly the sort of person who would likely attend an anti-immigrant rally, had they been radicalized in a different context -- than an immigrant.

That does seem to be the trend with Canadian terrorists.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Don't turn your back on neckbeards.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Government of Saskatchewan is basically ignoring oil wells completely poisoning the air and making people sick

https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/world/2017/10/01/that-rotten-stench-in-the-air-its-the-smell-of-deadly-gas-and-secrecy.html

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Don't turn your back on neckbeards.

That's basically a given at this point.

Here's the latest:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/jasper-downtown-edmonton-pedestrians-struck-1.4315545

That the U Haul only hit 4 people while careening down Jasper ave. only to flip on its side just south on 100 ave & 107 street in front of a hotel, speaks volumes about how incompetent he was. Jasper ave is usually packed around then.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
maybe it was just someone in a hurry to move

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

NDP results livestream about to happen. http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/new-democratic-party-leadership-results-1.4315704

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
calgary is a factory for making terrorists, the mosque on 8th and 8th was great at churning them out and they didn't do anything (still haven't) to stop it, they just shrug their shoulders and claim it's not their fault. In fact that mosque changed their name because they got so much bad press but AFAIK still run the same.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks

I find this uncomfortable to watch for some reason.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
That was quick.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Lol Singh crushed it

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Welp. gently caress.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

:lol: :smith:

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Aug 26, 2018

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Hope you ivory tower social policy hacks learn to deal with JAGMEET AND GREET SINGH perhaps the only charismatic hope for them

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Every time I hear "Thankyouthankyou" I want to stab someone.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Goddamn we just had to elect the most centrist NDP leader. I guess he really did sign up a lot of new members.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

centrist or not, good luck winning the seats you need to get a majority in racist-as-hell Quebec

:shepicide:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

That and also our party leader won't be sitting in caucus for the next 2 years.

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
THE SPEECH SUPPRESSOR

Remember: it's "antisemitic" to protest genocide as long as the targets are brown.
Doesn't someone in a safe seat usually resign so the leader can be parachuted in?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

tagesschau posted:

Doesn't someone in a safe seat usually resign so the leader can be parachuted in?

He said he would not join caucus for the next two years during his campaign. Instead he said he will travel around Canada and meet the people.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Le Saboteur posted:

He said he would not join caucus for the next two years during his campaign. Instead he said he will travel around Canada and meet the people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPfPYVVNgVw

Yeah this isn't going to be a total disaster.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Le Saboteur posted:

That and also our party leader won't be sitting in caucus for the next 2 years.

I think Layton was leader for a year and a half before winning a seat.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Suck it Bolshenikks

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Excelzior posted:

centrist or not, good luck winning the seats you need to get a majority in racist-as-hell Quebec

:shepicide:

You say this as if Quebec was more racist than the rest of Canada. I've got some news from you, the whole country is racist.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Racist isn't a yes/no option. The whole country is racist and Quebec is way more racist than anywhere else. This is basically a scientific fact at this point.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I like this result and it's what I voted for.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Ha, wow Singh really did crush it didn't he.

Interesting that only around half of party members even voted. Anyone know how this compares to past races?

folytopo
Nov 5, 2013
2% higher turnout than last time.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
The last centrist NDP leader frustrated and disenfranchised young and leftist voters, and ultimately led the party into a thorough political defeat that further diminished its already shaky credibility as a viable left-wing party. Clearly what we need is another centrist leader - one who, instead of vacillating between angry and mealy-mouthed in caucus, simply does not appear in caucus at all! There is no way this can go wrong.

e: fwiw I don't dislike Jagmeet and I hope he does a great job, I just wish we had an actually, overtly leftist party instead of a centrist party, a right wing party, and a further right wing party :smith:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Yeah, what happens when the NDP loses more seats in 2 years? Another leadership race?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Glad Singh won. Time to shout down racist scum fucks.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

CLAM DOWN posted:

I like this result and it's what I voted for.

When a future government creates a monument to The Victims of Android it's good to know we can add the NDP to the list.

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

lol at anyone who saw coverage of Singh and thought there would be any other outcome

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
Ya the second I saw that video of him getting heckled get retweeted by Brian Tapper I knew that he would be the next leader

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
There was a press conference and more information about the Edmonton Stabby McU-Haul guy has been released:

quote:

Terrorism-related charges are pending against a man accused of stabbing a police officer and deliberately plowing a cube van into pedestrians in Edmonton, Alta. Saturday night.

The suspect was known to both RCMP and police, RCMP K Division Superintendent Marlin Degrand told a news conference at Edmonton RCMP headquarters on Sunday afternoon.

The man was a Somali national going through the refugee claimant process, said Degrand

In 2015, after a complaint was made to Edmonton police that the man was displaying signs of extremism, members of the Integrated National Security Enforcement Team (INSET) launched an investigatio, Degrand said,
The suspect was interviewed by members of INSET, but there was "insufficient evidence" to make an arrest and the suspect was deemed "not a threat," Degrand said.

Abdulahi Hasan Sharif is the man accused in the attacks, multiple sources have told CBC News.

The suspect is facing a series of charges, including participation in a terrorist attack, commission of an offence for a terrorist group, five counts of attempted murder, dangerous driving, criminal flight causing bodily harm, and possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose.

The 30-year-old suspect in the attacks was apprehended following a high-speed chase just before midnight through streets filled with bar patrons and Edmonton Eskimo football fans. Police have said they believe the man acted alone.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-don-iveson-terrorism-attack-lone-wolf-1.4315693

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

sitchensis posted:

lol at anyone who saw coverage of Singh and thought there would be any other outcome

I kind of had a feeling when the Globe and Mail devoted a full page puff piece to Singh in their Saturday Edition like 2-3 weeks ago. Never saw them do that for any other candidate.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
As long as he doesn't gently caress us on PR and makes attempts to reform the justice system I'll be happy with him as PM if he.kanages to Instagram his way into office, which quite frankly he has a better chance at than one may think, considering how the public respond to social media BS.

Of course I basically said the same thing about PM Selfie and welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Trudeau is gonna win again in a landslide, let's not kid ourselves.