Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

been away from forums/out of the loop for a while. how close is spain and or the world from exploding on this lovely day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

lol at the more subtle flavor of the last vandalism to sneak into Spain's wiki page

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Spain&diff=803318124&oldid=803140446

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Could somebody please just take his loving phone away from him. He's a god damned embarrassment. "Politically motivated ingrates", "Little Rocket Man", this is how a national leader speaks; "all buildings now inspected for safety", really, every building in Puerto Rico has now been inspected, by who, what a moron.

Twitter is a scourge.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Ramadu posted:

who cares waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I know it's horrible, but if just 30% of the Earth's population were killed in a nuclear war, that would really shorten my commute.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/egemini618/status/913944158615867393

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I don't understand why the central government didn't just be like "ok you had a pretend vote with no legal standing good job" and then ignore it forever. Like why let yourself be baited into having the boots and balaclavas dragging grandma through the streets in front of every western news camera?

There's probably lots of things about Spanish and European politics I don't understand though.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Feranon posted:

been away from forums/out of the loop for a while. how close is spain and or the world from exploding on this lovely day?

well today trump said talking to north korea is impossible, so that pretty much leaves just the military option

and there's a non-zero chance of a civil war breaking out in one of the eu states today

so yeah, pretty normal day in DONALD TRUMP'S AMERICA

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Mayor Dave posted:

catalonia is tired of being ruled by francoists from an occupying power

Ramadu posted:

who cares waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

trimp announces sweeping solution to the climate crisis, launches nukes to create a planetary winter

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

folks

i give you

the ratio

https://twitter.com/CarolVanover/status/914538551815139331

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

catalonia (tried to) held an independence vote and spain sent in jackbooted thugs to beat up grannies and firefighters, break property, and toss ballot boxes onto the floor

there's violence on both sides, both sides

maybe this is the first time in history that the cops in riot gear are the good guys

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

zen death robot posted:

also why is a Spanish civil war a good thing? I'm clueless on this Catalan thing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutionary_Catalonia

it can happen once, it can happen again!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
carol what the gently caress

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

i like that secret orders by the president of the united states are now immediately published by the washington post

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mrmcd posted:

I don't understand why the central government didn't just be like "ok you had a pretend vote with no legal standing good job" and then ignore it forever. Like why let yourself be baited into having the boots and balaclavas dragging grandma through the streets in front of every western news camera?

There's probably lots of things about Spanish and European politics I don't understand though.

Because the movement has a shitload more support than it did the last time they just ignored the vote

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

watch out, somebody's got 280 characters

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

it's Cap'n Catalonia and the berries are fascists

part of this complete statehood

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

radical meme posted:

Could somebody please just take his loving phone away from him. He's a god damned embarrassment. "Politically motivated ingrates", "Little Rocket Man", this is how a national leader speaks; "all buildings now inspected for safety", really, every building in Puerto Rico has now been inspected, by who, what a moron.

Twitter is a scourge.

:justpost:

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

what did carol di

do also

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

:yeah:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

has anyone said "the war of the spanish secession" yet

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/invisibleman_17/status/914546285511921664

https://twitter.com/olafnieman/status/914554807754555392

Firefighters are siding with the protesters against the riot police.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

you spooked me!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

mrmcd posted:

Like why let yourself be baited into having the boots and balaclavas dragging grandma through the streets in front of every western news camera?

Nothing will happen because of it, so why not do so?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

juche avocado posted:

it's Cap'n Catalonia and the berries are fascists

part of this complete statehood

limited time my rear end that poo poo has been around since like 2000

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

tacodaemon posted:

good one

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

tacodaemon posted:

Has anyone said "it's pronounced 'Bar-the-lone-aa', like with a lisp, because a francoist just kick your teeth in" yet?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

eonwe posted:

from the trump gbs thread, lmao

i've never seen such homoerotic, slavish devotion to an obese old man before. it's teriffic, believe me, believe me

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

this is mucho bizarro

also they aren't "rptoestors"

they are catalanians trying to vote

the police thugs are violently trying to prevent peaceful citizens from voting

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

hm my sister just moved to bilbao hope she's having fun

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

heroically defending the rich from the non-rich

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Duscat posted:

i like that secret orders by the president of the united states are now immediately published by the washington post

I'm amazed they were able to publish fast enough to beat him posting it to twitter himself

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Local police sided with the protesters too.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

how long till the US sends the NYPD and LAPD over there as reinforcements to beat the people down

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

whered you get this I wanna see if I'm a russian bot

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Yeah impose unprompted communications blackouts while the norks are watching for a first strike any day now great idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Well, those are Catalonian firefighters, and Spanish police. The Catalonian police also sided with those who were trying to hold a free and fair vote.

• Locked thread