Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Flatliners is awful, way worse than Bye Bye Man. It's the kind of thing that would make you cancel your CBS All Access free trial.

Lurdiak posted:

Nah she just drives way too fast and doesn't pay attention. She's totaled a couple of cars but has never been seriously injured.

She should like, not do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Something happened to the menu at the top and bottom of this page and it's shorter than it should be and I keep clicking on Private Messages instead of User Control Panel.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Lurdiak posted:

Nah she just drives way too fast and doesn't pay attention. She's totaled a couple of cars but has never been seriously injured.

Good chance that's how your mom will die.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
One funny thing about Flatliners is that it's how I think IT 2 will go, all the characters loving each other to keep the Boogeyman at Bay.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Flatliners is awful, way worse than Bye Bye Man. It's the kind of thing that would make you cancel your CBS All Access free trial.

I was still tempted to see it but this combined with the review I read vaguely going on about where the plot goes does turn me off from it in a big way.

Tell you what, since your say through that, I'll see Friend request on Monday and report back

On a different note, for those that like word YouTube creepypasta series, CH/SS appears to have ended. Honestly it's series that I was never really able to make heads or tails of and disappointingly never seems to have really picked up.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
If they're not going to make Flatliners better, why not just do a tepid remake of Brainstorm, which is at least a good movie?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Magic Hate Ball posted:

If they're not going to make Flatliners better, why not just do a tepid remake of Brainstorm, which is at least a good movie?

I have no problem with people telling bad movies, especially ones with the germ of a good idea. Really remaking bad movies is something I wish happened more often.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
There's no way Friend Request is worse than Flatliners, it's just that after Unfriended I don't know how this could not be massively disappointing.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

There's no way Friend Request is worse than Flatliners, it's just that after Unfriended I don't know how this could not be massively disappointing.

Because I dumbly have not seen Unfriended yet, I won't have that problem

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Hot Take: With Or Without you is the second-weakest track on the only half of the Joshua Tree worth listening to.

Achtung Baby and Zooropa are the only great U2 albums and they are really great. just listened to both last night.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Grendels Dad posted:

Something happened to the menu at the top and bottom of this page and it's shorter than it should be and I keep clicking on Private Messages instead of User Control Panel.

I've been complaining in QCS about it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Ive never listened to U2 and proudly never will

Fun fact: i saw my first dead body when i was a passenger in a fatal car crash at 15

in 1997 I watched my grandfather die of a heart attack. i was the only one home.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
So in my next Spoiler Alert I compare Hamilton to The Birth of a Nation and Ronald Reagan to Charles Manson, so I'm on a roll of sorts.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
You joke, but Catalan has a relatively vibrant animation scene.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Speaking of anime, neo yokio is so bad in a special way that makes it essential viewing. It's just bafling how this thing got made and how every joke about the main character seems to fall flat

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This breaking bad your owns.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

precision posted:

in 1997 I watched my grandfather die of a heart attack. i was the only one home.

jesus christ, that's horrible, im sorry that happened

K. Waste posted:

So in my next Spoiler Alert I compare Hamilton to The Birth of a Nation and Ronald Reagan to Charles Manson, so I'm on a roll of sorts.

gently caress yes

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Lurdiak posted:

I also have groan shits to do, because I don't eat enough fiber.

Real talk I started taking fiber supplements and I've never been so regular, it's fantastic. Fully recommend it.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Should i watch Train to Busan tonight?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Should i watch Train to Busan tonight?

Yeah but don't start it too late because like every other Korean film, it's 2.5 hours long.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Yeah but don't start it too late because like every other Korean film, it's 2.5 hours long.

Jeeeesus, i dont know if im down for that kindof commitment tonight, im moving in the morning

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/SegaCDgames/status/913182464079794182

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Jeeeesus, i dont know if im down for that kindof commitment tonight, im moving in the morning

It's only two hours long.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CopywrightMMXI posted:

It's only two hours long.

Really? Jesus.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I swan to John if they gently caress up Tomb Raider I'm gonna be pissed. It's such a slam dunk but it just kinda looks cheap in the trailer.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I actually think it would be pretty hard to make a good tomb raider film. You either have to make it a really immersive, "wonder of exploration" film, or a really sick action-adventure film. Most films that set out to be really sick action-adventure films fail horribly, because they think that great action-adventure is about setpieces and one-liners, instead of about an emotional rollercoaster.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Just make it a shameless indiana jones ripoff like the games. Why is that so hard.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Just make it a shameless indiana jones ripoff like the games. Why is that so hard.

Most shameless Indiana Jones ripoffs are bad?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Most Indiana Jones movies are bad too :shrug:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So, again, it should be extremely easy to make a bad tomb raider film.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

FishBulb posted:

Most Indiana Jones movies are bad too :shrug:

There's only one bad Indiana jones movie. Last Crusade, obviously.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

DeimosRising posted:

There's only one bad Indiana jones movie. Last Crusade, obviously.

Oh crystal skull is good now?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

FishBulb posted:

It always was, friend. Nothing changes

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

FishBulb posted:

Yes, it is good vodka.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

As Above So Below is the best tomb raider film and it cant be topped

I said gently caress it and got a cuban pork roll and some ice cream and im gonna watch Train to Busan

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Descent is a good tomb raiding film

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You might even say it's..........................decent..................................!!!!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

I thought the opening credits were pretty rad with their WHAT YOU ARE HEARING ARE TRUE ACCOUNTS FROM REAL PEOPLE... SOME VIEWERS MAY FIND THIS FOOTAGE DISTURBING poo poo, but it got steadily worse after that up until an absolutely dreadful conclusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So it was true to the spirit of the original...

• Locked thread