Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

muscles like this! posted:

Bob Burger and Last Man on Earth are back tonight.

Wait, you think his name is Bob Burger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Okay, well, I'm still missing a toilet.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I can't believe LMoE is still on, I bailed on that show somewhere in season 2 and the premise seemed kind of thin even then.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah really, what's it even about anymore?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

raditts posted:

I can't believe LMoE is still on, I bailed on that show somewhere in season 2 and the premise seemed kind of thin even then.

Don't worry, last season they added a precocious child to the cast which everyone knows is a surefire way to pull a show out of decline.

precision posted:

Yeah really, what's it even about anymore?

Each season everyone moves to a new house, they tread water where everyone is terrible and bickers constantly yet never changes or grows, and then at the end something crazy happens that forces them to pull up roots and find somewhere else to set the next season. Also you usually get one good episode each season that is actually about a (usually completely new and unrelated) character actually surviving the postapocalypse on their own, last season it was Kristen Wiig as a germaphobe in a bomb shelther with only her tiny dog for companionship.

It's a garbage show that is hamstrung by its budget and episode order, it would work way better as a film or miniseries or a collection of shorts instead of a network television show being stretched out as long as possible.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Right now the show is the characters having to deal with the fact that none of them are equipped to survive. They're barely limping along by scavenging but even that is running out, like soon they won't be able to drive their cars because all the gasoline is going bad.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
There isn't a new Bob's Burgers thread yet, so I will ask here. I missed the first couple of minutes, what the hell is going on?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They mentioned before the episode started that they asked for fan art and decided to use the fan art to do short scenes.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

They mentioned before the episode started that they asked for fan art and decided to use the fan art to do short scenes.

oh, ok, cool. At first I thought it was one of the episodes where the kids tell a story and the style changes between stories, but the style changes with each scene. I think its cool, some of them are down right adorable.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

swickles posted:

There isn't a new Bob's Burgers thread yet, so I will ask here. I missed the first couple of minutes, what the hell is going on?

Dunno what you're talking about it seems normal to me

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
I'm loving the many art shift on Bob's Burgers. It's very fun.
I have to ask, for anyone who may know. Was this a graduate project, contest, or just a large group of animators coming together?

e:

Nvm

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Just caught up on Halt & Catch Fire. That episode reminded me a lot of my username and a certain episode from the last season of that show.

Finished Patriot last night. Thanks to all that told me about my new favorite show.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

raditts posted:

Remember when people thought January Jones was a star?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Right now the show is the characters having to deal with the fact that none of them are equipped to survive. They're barely limping along by scavenging but even that is running out, like soon they won't be able to drive their cars because all the gasoline is going bad.

Oh so now they're doing ~tactical realism~

How many episodes was it even true that he was the "last man on earth"?

Also I like to think every episode starts with a really fast narration about how the show's title isn't true

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know if this is something with my antenna but I'm watching Ghosted and the sound is out of sync.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i just read the episode summaries for Last Man on Earth on wikipedia and there is no way the show is as entertaining as they make it sound

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

New season of the Exorcist started and it's just as good as season one. More people need to watch this show

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

LMoE is a great show.

This Ghosted show is kind of boring

e: nevermind I think I'd watch it again.

The Berzerker fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 2, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Never thought i'd want Men in Black with Doug Judy and Adam Scott, but here we are.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LionArcher posted:

New season of the Exorcist started and it's just as good as season one. More people need to watch this show

Yeah I keep meaning to finish season 1, it was surprisingly great

Rocksicles posted:

Never thought i'd want Men in Black with Doug Judy and Adam Scott, but here we are.

I have always wanted it.

Shame it's cancel-bait

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just got around to Halt & Catch Fire.

gently caress you, show :smith: Right when it started happening I knew what was gonna happen and I love this show but god damnit.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

precision posted:

i just read the episode summaries for Last Man on Earth on wikipedia and there is no way the show is as entertaining as they make it sound

It's a fun show, give it a shot.
Of course, if you don't end up liking the characters, than it obviously fails.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Any of you lot get the Extinct eisodes to play on https://www.byutv.org/Show/e5f3bb84-3e34-4b51-8d71-e4d538fd93b2

I've struck out on opera browser

edit: scratch that, it's still airing.

edit 2: still can't the loving thing to stream....

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 2, 2017

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Lucifer is back. Tom Welling stars as a piece of poo poo who looks down on everyone on the show. Actually great.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

pentyne posted:

Lucifer is back. Tom Welling stars as a piece of poo poo who looks down on everyone on the show. Actually great.

Oh man, I can't wait to see it on Tuesday.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Ghosted was ok, but as with every pilot episode is super heavy with trying to establish characters and setting. Still, was good enough that I plan on watching the next couple episodes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You should be bowing down to the feet of Craig Robinson's hair cut.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Watching Discovery and there's a goddamned Cylon on the crew. This won't end well.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Was a good episode.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
So good. If i hated this show i'd probably kill myself.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Rocksicles posted:

So good. If i hated this show i'd probably kill myself.

Which show?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Discovery. It's tops.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

How the hell is there now yet another tech billionaire police procedural. :stare:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MiddleOne posted:

How the hell is there now yet another tech billionaire police procedural. :stare:

What is this now?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Bruceski posted:

What is this now?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6522758

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Using Reddit to solve murders, great idea.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is it as bad I as I'm thinking? I mean, it's Piven so it can't be the worst thing ever.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Is it as bad I as I'm thinking? I mean, it's Piven so it can't be the worst thing ever.

I love Piven in Selfridge as much as the next guy but he has a tendency to get cast in pretty bad poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MiddleOne posted:

I love Piven in Selfridge as much as the next guy but he has a tendency to get cast in pretty bad poo poo.

But he himself is always good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

Using Reddit to solve murders, great idea.

Karma goldmine.

• Locked thread