Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The Irisviel one, Halloween Princess, looks pretty good, especially if you can get one to drop or get from gatcha so you can LB it. Petite Devil looks good too.
Petite Devil is in the gacha but not Halloween Princess, so if you want to LB it you need it to drop. Also you'd probably want to do that after the event, since that's 5*2 vs. 1*3, unless my math is wrong. After Moon Goddess I'm afraid to LB any event CE though anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of the Halloween event, this gives us Caster Elizabeth for free doesn't it? Anyone know if she's any good? Will max her out regardless since she only needs event items for ascention but would be a nice bonus if she's a decent caster.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Dr Pepper posted:

You have an Anderson don't you? :colbert:

I have every 1-3* except Hektor and David. So yeah, he needs some boosts though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Endorph had a good rundown post of the welfare 4* Servants and IIRC she's kind of mediocre.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nyeehg posted:

Speaking of the Halloween event, this gives us Caster Elizabeth for free doesn't it? Anyone know if she's any good? Will max her out regardless since she only needs event items for ascention but would be a nice bonus if she's a decent caster.

She's a fine AOE Buster Caster, but in general AOE Buster Casters aren't all that useful. I'm sure she's worth levelling just because she'll wreck the Assassin dailies but she may not have much use beyond that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I really like David. Pretty much between him and Mash, Hercules has like 5-6 turns of invincibility before the cooldowns reset.

I haven't used my anne mary once because of him.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Nyeehg posted:

She's the first good free Servant.

Her Attack and HP are slightly lower than Lancer Liz.

Her Noble Phantasm is identical to Lancer Liz, same AOE Buster and same Curse damage. However, since Caster Liz will be NP5 it will probably out perform her non-holiday counterpart unless the Gacha blessed/cursed you. Not to mention that even with the same base numbers Caster Liz has Mana Burst (Pumpkin) A which is a 50% Buster boost for a turn, so she'll do even more damage.

She's a bit more sturdy than Lancer Liz thanks to her Innocent Monster EX self heal too.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
She's good for her role of AoE Caster NP. Most of her competition is story locked and the rest of it lacks either ways to boost their own NP damage or an attack stat or both. I think Babbage after interludes/strengthen quests can compete with her but otherwise she's the easiest budget AoE to use unless you're going to grail shakespeare.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Later on, she'll be outperformed by other Casters though and she's not as useful as say, Medea.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Decus posted:

She's good for her role of AoE Caster NP. Most of her competition is story locked and the rest of it lacks either ways to boost their own NP damage or an attack stat or both. I think Babbage after interludes/strengthen quests can compete with her but otherwise she's the easiest budget AoE to use unless you're going to grail shakespeare.
babbage's main issue is that his attack stat is absolutely pitiful and while his np damage is decent due to his skills he'll never do anything with his actual cards

edit: also lancer liz is way better than caster liz because lancer liz has way better skills and doesnt suffer the caster damage penalty.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Does caster Liz have a ridiculous hat? If not, I think that settles which is the best pretty easily.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a kitten posted:

Does caster Liz have a ridiculous hat? If not, I think that settles which is the best pretty easily.
both caster liz and lancer liz have ridiculous hats

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

a kitten posted:

Ridiculous Hat, Check
Ridiculous Outfit, Check.
Ridiculously bad singing voice, Check.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Is Caster Liz all you get from the Halloween event, as far as characters go? I thought you got someone else as well, but I might be getting my events mixed up.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
The ridiculous hat fits because it's Halloween. But vanilla Liz hat is so awful

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Endorph posted:

both caster liz and lancer liz have ridiculous hats

It's a real conundrum then.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

a kitten posted:

It's a real conundrum then.

Lancer Liz needs 3 ascensions to actually get her ridiculous hat, though, while Caster Liz has hers right out the gate.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the_steve posted:

Is Caster Liz all you get from the Halloween event, as far as characters go? I thought you got someone else as well, but I might be getting my events mixed up.
events only ever have one welfare, ever. there's a saber liz from the 2016 halloween event.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Even one Liz is 1 too many. Saber I'm fine with, but Liz is a dumb reptile person because idols are weird and kind of gross tbh.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Is Caster Liz still from the time period where the design mindset was "we don't want the free Servants to be good because then people won't waste money chasing OP Servants from the gacha"?

On a semi-related note, do we ever get more chances at Saber Lily or is she forever doomed to be stuck with Caliburn at NP 1?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

No, only Saber Lily is an outright "bad" free servant. Cast Liz is a decent caster, but not that noteworthy (like most casters, really).

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Caster Liz will at least be useful as a waveclear on the upcoming Assassin dailies, so I'm going to be raising her (a bit) regardless. Plus it looks like with skills leveled she can poo poo out a bunch of stars, because 3 turns of 8 stars a turn at just level 3 for her first skill? Not terrible. Especially since she only needs event items to ascend, so you don't have to grind a bunch of other stuff for that (eg, Lancer Liz getting third ascension means you need three chaos claws and three dragon scales, IIRC).

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

W.T. Fits posted:

Is Caster Liz still from the time period where the design mindset was "we don't want the free Servants to be good because then people won't waste money chasing OP Servants from the gacha"?

On a semi-related note, do we ever get more chances at Saber Lily or is she forever doomed to be stuck with Caliburn at NP 1?

She is retroactively made the welfare Servant (with obligatory easy-to-get NP5) for Saber Wars.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Gologle posted:

Even one Liz is 1 too many. Saber I'm fine with, but Liz is a dumb reptile person because idols are weird and kind of gross tbh.

This post caused AIDS viruses to spontaneously appear in my bloodstream.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

W.T. Fits posted:

No, you get 5 more copies of her during the Saber Wars event. 4 to max her NP, one to burn.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Gologle posted:

Gologle posted:

There's no such thing as a "bad" Servant. Every Servant is your waifus and husbandos, and every one must be treated accordingly. Share the love, and you will be rewarded. Fate Namaste night.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Just because you're correct doesn't mean that you're right.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Gologle posted:

but enough about your posts

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gologle posted:

the entire gag with liz is that idols are weird. her singing is terrible and is said to be such in the game. she wants to be an idol because it'd make men obsessed with her and there are several gags in ccc pointing out that only gross, weird guys would be obsessed with her.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Gologle posted:

A cursed post that will drat us with more saber faces

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
How is she gonna get those virgin blood anyway

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

the entire gag with liz is that idols are weird. her singing is terrible and is said to be such in the game. she wants to be an idol because it'd make men obsessed with her and there are several gags in ccc pointing out that only gross, weird guys would be obsessed with her.

*nodding along in the audience, unaware of the camera zooming in slowly*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Endorph posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nice know your meme hotlink

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

So where do I get evil bones? I'm assuming killing those skeletons warriors?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A Cup of Ramen posted:

yeah, most of the quests in fuyuki give them. I believe X-F gives the most.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Freak Futanari posted:

This post caused AIDS viruses to spontaneously appear in my bloodstream.

gologle does that to people

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

A Cup of Ramen posted:

If you need Chaos of Chaos as well, grind Germania in Septim instead of one of the Fuyuki prologue free missions. The AP per Drop rate on bones is only a bit worse (roughly 30 for Germania vs 21-24 in Fuyuki) and you also get a chance for chaos claws.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 2, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Endorph posted:

yeah, most of the quests in fuyuki give them. I believe X-F gives the most.

According to the crowd sourced google doc, X-C is the more AP-efficient node.

There's also Germania which has a slightly lower drop rate but allows you to try (and fail at) farming Chaos Claws as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
The free quest for snake jewels is actually nothing more than an unlucky bone yard. Source: my desire sensor. :smith: