Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hope all those injured people have good healthcare plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

a lot of the injured are probably from being trampled

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

were people trampled or something?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Samurai Sanders posted:

How much ammo did that guy have? Like two suitcases' worth?

Probably a ton but people also get injured in the rush to GTFO too.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

mormonpartyboat posted:

bring back infrastructure week

drat u picked a good time to go to sleep...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

loving how many shots were fired ??

wtc

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!

Just had that same sinking feeling I got watching the pulse shooting press conference when the number of dead jumped up

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

holy poo poo

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

mormonpartyboat posted:

im seeing rumors that the guy used a fully automatic weapon which makes it the first civilian shooting where someone used an nfa gun

if so, lol

He did. The videos make it very clear.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
love to post about senseless violence and tragedy

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Wounded knee grade numbers.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

mormonpartyboat posted:

im seeing rumors that the guy used a fully automatic weapon which makes it the first civilian shooting where someone used an nfa gun (i think the others were like cops using their issued gun)

if so, lol
makes sense, he is a rich white guy

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

euphronius posted:

wtc

go back 20 pages and find a video, it was relentless.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!

mormonpartyboat posted:

im seeing rumors that the guy used a fully automatic weapon which makes it the first civilian shooting where someone used an nfa gun (i think the others were like cops using their issued gun)

if so, lol

Wgn news was just playing video. It was definitely a fully automatic weapon. There were four distinct rounds of fire, probably 50 or so rounds in each

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Samurai Sanders posted:

bullets go in u, bounce around a while rather recklessly, then go out ur backside and into the next lucky contestant

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

if so, lol

"the achievement didn't pop. what the gently caress, i didn't get the achievement???! gently caress THIS BROKEN poo poo" - Trump, most definitely

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
lol

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

This things going to have deaths at least in the low hundreds. Lotta people in critical condition that won't make it.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Zeroisanumber posted:

link plz

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

euphronius posted:

wtc

I'd imagine injured includes folks who were trampled trying to flee and that sort of poo poo as well. But yeah, dude had a fully automatic weapon and was firing into a huge crowd from the 32nd story of someplace. Is it still less than 100 dead?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Samurai Sanders posted:

it isn't too hard to injure hundreds of people when youve got a few thousand crammed into a small space right below you

those rounds couldve easily passed through multiple people

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
[quote="“Zeroisanumber”" post="“476973058”"]
[/quote]

I guess the question was if he illegally modified a semiautomatic or had a legal grandfathered fully automatic.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Kitfox88 posted:

I'd imagine injured includes folks who were trampled trying to flee and that sort of poo poo as well. But yeah, dude had a fully automatic weapon and was firing into a huge crowd from the 32nd story of someplace. Is it still less than 100 dead?

50, atm.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/SylvesterTurner/status/914830750037561345

Serf
May 5, 2011

jesus christ, that is some beaches of normandy poo poo right there. machine gun fire from a high location down on an area with no cover and lots of targets = loving horrific amounts of dead and injured. add in tramplings that this is gonna be loving bad

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
50 dead Jesus Christ TRUMP

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/914832655170011137

don't thoughts and prayers me you had your shot

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Bip Roberts posted:

I guess the question was if he illegally modified a semiautomatic or had a legal grandfathered fully automatic.

this is definitely THE question

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

oh thank god

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i would die laughing if he had one of those stupid loving technically non-automatic things like a bump fire stock

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/914826000692690946

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Agrajag posted:

a lot of the injured are probably from being trampled

yeah that too

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bip Roberts posted:

I initially guessed illegally modded but if he had enough cash to own two airplanes then he might've just sprung for a grandfathered weapon.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

shut the gently caress up brock

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Uh ok, good job?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mariana Horchata posted:

bullets go in u, bounce around a while rather recklessly, then go out ur backside and into the next lucky contestant

also high angle downards means ricochet from the ground, raining bullets downwards, raining bullets upwards

awesome that humankind has created weapons capable of such devestation

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kitfox88 posted:

will probably rise but human bodies are weird. also it's a country festival so lots of ex-military who know how to staunch bleeding from gunshot wounds

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress this guy, not for what he did but for the inevitable lack of legislative response

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Unperson_47 posted:

"the achievement didn't pop. what the gently caress, i didn't get the achievement???! gently caress THIS BROKEN poo poo" - Trump, most definitely

must've hosed up the QTE at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Glad they’re standing and not kneeling

• Locked thread