Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
My ancestors were of the oldest profession, they were whores. Also alcoholics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

Real talk, Bruce squinting at the origins of his family's wealth until he can pretend they lend badass symbolic gravitas to his quest one of the best parts of the movie

Even though the continuity is weird in Suicide Squad, Batman's couple of apperances in it are perfectly in line with the character in BVS. It's probably my favorite depiction of Batman overall.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

McCloud posted:

Yeah, Alfred outright states they became rich from oil and property development, but Bruce is all like "lol no, they were totally badass hunters".

Whatever you say man
he even said they were fur hunters so it's not like they're fighting wolves or something.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Oh, so all those radiators were just a giant beaver trap.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah the Hunting thing is great because its a profession that can only end in you killing things and hes proud of that "tradition".

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Barudak posted:

Yeah the Hunting thing is great because its a profession that can only end in you killing things and hes proud of that "tradition".
And it's not like they were hunting wolves that were killing livestock or something. No, they're trapping and killing things like beaver, otters, baby seals, etc.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

But see, that's genius, because later he "hunts" for Superman.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Davros1 posted:

It's genius because it makes clear that Batman is a delusional dumbass.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Davros1 posted:

and also shows he wants to skin and wear Superman's pelt, which is pretty hosed up

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

RBA Starblade posted:

and also shows he wants to skin and wear Superman's pelt, which is pretty hosed up

A form-fitting, soft, flexible, bullet-proof armor skin? That doesn't seem hosed up so much as... pragmatic.

How would Superman's skin hold up under a yellow sun, anyway.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Habibi posted:

A form-fitting, soft, flexible, bullet-proof armor skin? That doesn't seem hosed up so much as... pragmatic.

Clark Kent does seem like he'd be an organ donor.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BvS is clearly Batman hunting for the ultimate liver transplant.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Barudak posted:

BvS is clearly Batman hunting for the ultimate liver transplant.

"Alcohol killed my parents. I must find a way to become more than a man, to fight alcohol!"

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Habibi posted:

How would Superman's skin hold up under a yellow sun, anyway.

Somewhere Frank Miller begins furiously scribbling notes for The Dark Knight Strikes Milan

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

McSpanky posted:

Somewhere Frank Miller begins furiously scribbling notes for The Dark Knight Strikes Milan

:thunk:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Bruce trying to reinvent himself as the bearer of a legacy of hunters also matches with him trying to justify to himself what he's doing; he's a hunter, a killer, of non-human things, like this alien god. Deliberately ignoring that he fears the Superman because he fears the Superman will be all too human, like the flawed, mad, corrupt and cruel humans of Gotham. He can't trust humans anymore, and so he can't trust the Superman.

Of course, it all turns around when the Superman begs him to save his mother; and suddenly, he's no longer Bruce Wayne the hunter and killer, he's Batman, the protector of the night made to save the parents of little boys, and a living god has trusted the Batman to save his mother. Batman realises he's been taking himself too seriously, and the wacky, weird people in tights and armour are his brothers and sisters.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Empire's endless run of "ugliest magazine covers ever conceived by man or machine" continues unabated

Batfleck looks like he just saw an anthropomorphized fart appear in front of him

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

What is even going on with Flash there? It looks like he broke his arm, then his broken arm got stung by a bee and grew a few sizes.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I bet those two fight about the thermostat a lot.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

He's just waiting for everyone to leave so he can put on his eye makeup

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Wonder Woman be like 'Hera, is this guy that fat or just wearing a onesie all the time?'

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Sorry, no, that's her wondering why they don't just bang and get it over with, and him stoically resisting the urge like Lancelot.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I like how the cape is hiding the fact that he's not really sitting but just sort of leaning in the chair.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Is it more weird or less weird that they put eye makeup on Affleck, but not Miller?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Davros1 posted:

Is it more weird or less weird that they put eye makeup on Affleck, but not Miller?
The weird thing is, on the JL posters it looks like they gave him red makeup around his eyes.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Mr. Apollo posted:

I like how the cape is hiding the fact that he's not really sitting but just sort of leaning in the chair.

I'm amused but not surprised that Batman has a tactical chair and not something from Office Max

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

935 posted:

I'm amused but not surprised that Batman has a tactical chair and not something from Office Max

I mean, he's gonna be slumping down in that every day wearing a ton of armour, an office chair isn't gonna last long.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Seems like the final trailer will be released at NYCC

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Seems like the final trailer will be released at NYCC

The colour scheme on that Batman poster is dope.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I like how they have Superman's logo on the poster but don't actually show him because they're still doing the "will he or won't he be in the movie" thing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

I like how they have Superman's logo on the poster but don't actually show him because they're still doing the "will he or won't he be in the movie" thing.

Everyone knows he's in it. They just don't know if his mustache will be in it too.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

Everyone knows he's in it. They just don't know if his mustache will be in it too.

Superman coming back with a poorly groomed beard and mustache would totally be the 2010s equivalent of him coming back with a mullet.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

JordanKai posted:

Superman coming back with a poorly groomed beard and mustache would totally be the 2010s equivalent of him coming back with a mullet.

WB gonna throw everyone in for a loop when Superman shows up with a topknot.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

JordanKai posted:

Superman coming back with anglicized Jesus beard plus a mullet would be pretty hilarious.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

JordanKai posted:

The colour scheme on that Batman poster is dope.

he looks like a Frank Miller Batman action figure brought to life, which is very cool

the lighting on the others is really weird though. I think it's something to do with how it makes all of their skin look, because the best looking ones are Flash and Batman, and they're completely covered up, and the Cyborg one has the human part look very photoshopped, and the Wonder Woman and Aquaman ones look like outtakes that accidentally made it onto posters.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

It's odd that the "ALL IN" phrase it at the same height on all the posters except for WW's.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Mr. Apollo posted:

It's odd that the "ALL IN" phrase it at the same height on all the posters except for WW's.

You really have to ask why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Jerk McJerkface posted:

You really have to ask why?
I mentally aligned it with the others but I thought "nah, that can't be why" :ohdear: