Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of those alt-right shitheads are not going to read a comic with a female protagonist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

They also won't like half of his twitter avatar.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of those alt-right shitheads are not going to read a comic with a female protagonist

they'll read it for the titties.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

They also won't like half of his twitter avatar.

This is internally contradictory

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

No way this doesn't quickly become alt-right hentai.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Alt*Hero:Day By Day crossover event when?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

lol, look out patriots and tyrants!

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of those alt-right shitheads are not going to read

Let's be honest here.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

You're never going to become President by admitting that you can't do things.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

I thought he was being self-deprecating until I realized that he'd made toe-hands his cover picture.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Yeah took me a second to realize he was trying to be :airquote: ironic :airquote:

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
tfw you have a foot fetish so big you wish hands were feet

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
lol at anyone for a second thinking some alt-right dude on twitter would ever speak without a smug sense of superiority

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

I also read Bloods: An Oral History of the Vietnam War by Black Veterans around the same time which I'd recommend in tandem.

Late reply but yeah Bloods is excellent, also inspired the movie Dead Presidents which is super rad.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

pseudosavior posted:

Let's be honest here.

Hey, they read a lot: Wikipedia summaries of books, Wikipedia summaries of philosophical ideas, Wikipedia summaries of FBI crime stats...

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
New episode popped! But Puerto Rico isn’t the main subject. :(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Boywhiz88 posted:

New episode popped! But Puerto Rico isn’t the main subject. :(

They had Derek Davison for the Grey Wolf ep this week and uh.... the puerto rico stuff isnt as great or fun or not at all mind-breakingly depressing as one might hope.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I guess I’m hoping for an episode in-depth on the poo poo that led up to this. The debt crisis, the board that was put together to manage the island a la City Managers and Flint. I really enjoy when they connect the dots and whatnot.

But I can’t say no to more Tim Faust.

EDIT: gently caress this is good and I am interest in canvassing when their program is ready.

EDIT 2: holy poo poo. Everyone’s reaction to hearing who the reading series was from

Boywhiz88 fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 2, 2017

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I'm getting triggered by how Felix pronounce Varg Vikernes.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Matt was 100% correct to lose his poo poo, that was infuriating.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Laughin' my rear end off this episode.
"A small child has entered Matt's enclosure..."

"I will turn this room into the loving Benoit household if you buy this book"

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
"an economist gets lunch"

*mass groan*

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Laughin' my rear end off this episode.
"A small child has entered Matt's enclosure..."

"I will turn this room into the loving Benoit household if you buy this book"

"Will you cannot keep getting away with this."

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

"Hell no I won't get mad at this, this one is just stupid"
*completely loses his poo poo*

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Spoeank posted:

They had Derek Davison for the Grey Wolf ep this week and uh.... the puerto rico stuff isnt as great or fun or not at all mind-breakingly depressing as one might hope.

The PR episode was pretty bad. Not sure why they pushed a Middle East expert to talk about the situation in the Caribbean.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, "I will turn this place into the Benoit household. He can't keep getting away with this."

I'm dying.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Every time someone reminds me that Megan McArdle exists, I feel a little bit guilty for calling Joy Ann Reid the stupidest person in media.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
God this ep's raw and primal rage was A) hilarious and B) completely right.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Boywhiz88 posted:

But I can’t say no to more Tim Faust.

With him going on With friends like these, his own show and another appearance on Chapo its been great listening to him. Can't get enough

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

they should really revisit McMegans article on gun control

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Halloween Jack posted:

Every time someone reminds me that Megan McArdle exists, I feel a little bit guilty for calling Joy Ann Reid the stupidest person in media.

Reid is stupid for pay. McArdle is the real deal. that article is like something written by a failing high school student.

god I hate Megan McArdle. I've hated her for years. I think she was the person who initially convinced me that all libertarians should be sent to death camps. even before I gave two shits about politics I hated her.

HATE
HATE
HATE

I'm red and mad and nude as Matt right now.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Oh, I hear you. She's so thoroughly stupid that she lowers my opinion of Western civilization for having produced her. She gets paid six figures, presumably, to write stuff that should have "You could have at least checked Wikipedia. F" by a 10th grade English teacher. In terms of style, she's a few notches below Kevin D. Williamson. Her approach is extremely wonkish but she doesn't actually do any research or know anything. Her worldview is a fever dream and when she talks about politics, it's like someone playing Civilization or SimCity going "What happens if I do this? Oh, a million people died." She is easily the worst writer I have ever read.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

uber_stoat posted:

Reid is stupid for pay. McArdle is the real deal.
That really makes Reid sound like the shittier of the two.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

Oh, I hear you. She's so thoroughly stupid that she lowers my opinion of Western civilization for having produced her. She gets paid six figures, presumably, to write stuff that should have "You could have at least checked Wikipedia. F" by a 10th grade English teacher. In terms of style, she's a few notches below Kevin D. Williamson. Her approach is extremely wonkish but she doesn't actually do any research or know anything. Her worldview is a fever dream and when she talks about politics, it's like someone playing Civilization or SimCity going "What happens if I do this? Oh, a million people died." She is easily the worst writer I have ever read.

Brad Paisley's Accidental Genocide

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Listen, people, don't start blaming anyone for this gun massacre. All 550+ people killed or injured could very well have been killed or injured on the way back to their homes or hotels. Traffic accidents can kill, and so can plane crashes! Heart disease is America's leading killer! They could have been going to a buffet after the concert!

https://twitter.com/elongreen/status/742557678057197568

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sandweed posted:

I'm getting triggered by how Felix pronounce Varg Vikernes.

Also Tim's attempt at pronouncing Kvelertak

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
i had a freind who pronounced Bone Awl "Bone Owl" which feels supremely Felix to me

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

Also Tim's attempt at pronouncing Kvelertak

I don't know how to pronounce a lot of band names honestly. I never hear anyone say them outloud.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dirt posted:

I don't know how to pronounce a lot of band names honestly. I never hear anyone say them outloud.

In this case the band says it in one of their own songs. Tim was switching letters around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

the gunman has cunningly thrown a wrench into her plan by introducing the element of verticality. back to the drawing board, Megan