Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Beastie posted:

Wait, I just remembered, there's co-op right? Local?

Nope because chucklefish sucks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

LethalGeek posted:

We're going to need a record for this when people are reading later:

are they wrong though

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Chucklefish seem pretty chill, honestly

Gamers tho.......

Ah to live in a world without gamers

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Run Dodo Run posted:

I own the XB1 port and while it's obviously made for M/KB (mouse control in some menus etc.) there's really not a problem with it.

Thanks!

Run Dodo Run posted:

I also own the PC version and will be buying the Switch version as I have no self control.

Same.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
Stardew was painful on a MacBook with a trackpad. I'm hoping joycons will be a marked improvement.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Manky posted:

Chucklefish seem pretty chill, honestly

Gamers tho.......

Ah to live in a world without gamers

Chucklefucks

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
I don't understand whats going on. Did they take a community user's mods and put them in game and that user is now pissed for not getting credit?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Of course stardew comes out the first week I'm back at university after just being off for 4 months

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FireMrshlBill posted:

I don't understand whats going on. Did they take a community user's mods and put them in game and that user is now pissed for not getting credit?

If you want the full story, read from this post onwards.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

In another universe, that's the name of the most successful wings and sportsbar franchise in the sou'east

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I Will Buy And Play The Stardew Valley On My Nintendo Switch

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FireMrshlBill posted:

And everyone who was excited for Stardew and is playing Golf Story or Picross won't buy it now until after Odyssey comes out and is beaten, leaving the devs to wonder where all the excitement went.
yeah honestly this is probably going to happen to me

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
We finally have a Stardew date? Awesome! Just got a 30% off coupon for my birthday. Was thinking I'd grab Splatoon or Mario Rabbids with it, and I may just grab Stardew as well.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Nintendo's birthday coupons apply to Switch titles now?? That's great

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Manky posted:

Nintendo's birthday coupons apply to Switch titles now?? That's great

Will try to confirm or deny that shortly and let you know.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Morby posted:

Will try to confirm or deny that shortly and let you know.

It doesn't. I got the same coupon and it's for lame rear end 3DS/Wii U games only.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

glassyalabolas posted:

It doesn't. I got the same coupon and it's for lame rear end 3DS/Wii U games only.

Specific titles only, too. Got mine in September for equal disappointment.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

glassyalabolas posted:

That sucks and makes the coupon pretty worthless to me. Realistically the Switch is the only portable console I want to tote around and I really don't have a need to use my WiiU at all.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Awwww. My birthday is next month so I was hoping it'd be something decent. (Not that there aren't good or great 3DS or Wii U games, but I have all the ones I want, basically)

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yikes yeah uhh I really wanted to dip into stardew but golf story is gonna keep me busy for a minute

Happy to see it finally get a date though, I loving love how many ports the switch is getting.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
What the 3DS, Wii U and Switch digital manuals are all missing are flavor text that might clutter up a concise and straightforward manual, but without that stuff the manual feels just a slight bit lacking.

The Limited Edition of the eventual Donkey Kong Country Returns 3 that costs more than the standard edition will only have one difference in that it comes with a physical printed manual with Cranky Kong clowning on the game itself at least once on every page.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Puyo Puyo Tetris has a manual in its menus and I assume Xenoblade 2 is gonna do the same thing.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Do we know cost of Stardew?

Wizardryo
Jul 23, 2002

"Finally! A deep throat to call my own!"
Steamworld Dig 2
Golf Story
Stardew Valley

In three consecutive weeks, with Fire Emblem Warriors and Mario Odyssey rounding out October.

What a crazy first year this is turning out to be.

LionArcher posted:

$15.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Beastie posted:

Wait, I just remembered, there's co-op right? Local?

Co-op will get patched in for the Seam version in early 2018 with other platforms to follow. There's an official announcement here.

quote:

Shortly after you begin the game, Robin will offer to build up to 3 cabins on your farm. Each cabin will house a farmhand, controlled by one of your friends.

Farmhands can do almost anything the main player can do. They can farm, mine, fight, fish, forage, marry NPCs and take part in festivals. Each player has their own inventory. When a farmhand is not connected, their inventory can be managed through a chest in their cabin.

Certain decisions can be made only by the main player: when to sleep, when to start and end festivals, and whether to side with Joja, for instance.

You won’t need to set up a server to run multiplayer. Friends can be invited onto the farm through Steam. The invite mechanism for non-Steam versions is TBD, but likely to be similar in most cases.
[...]
Local multiplayer, split-screen and PVP are not planned at this point.
[...]
We currently expect to be able to start a beta test at the end of the year for Steam users to help us test the game. Mod authors will be encouraged to update their mods during this beta period. Then, in early 2018 we will release it as the 1.3 patch on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Consoles will get the patch too, starting with Nintendo Switch. This will be a bigger patch than usual, so be aware that it will take a while to roll out to each platform.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 2, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

LionArcher posted:

Can you really put a price on happiness, joy, and quality entertainment?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

spit on my clit posted:

If you want the full story, read from this post onwards.

So sounds like a boring and juvenile modder feud.

Cool.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

About $12 for me but I combine happiness and joy to save money.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

SLOSifl posted:

About $12 for me but I combine happiness and joy to save money.

I consider it a $15 investment to allow me to continue procrastinating my plan to buy a console just for Persona 5. Maybe by the time I'm done obsessively Star Dewing, Atlus will announce a PC version like they've kind of teased/avoided the question of at interviews.

It's more possible than ever because they got bought by Sega, dammit :argh:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

deadly_pudding posted:

I consider it a $15 investment to allow me to continue procrastinating my plan to buy a console just for Persona 5. Maybe by the time I'm done obsessively Star Dewing, Atlus will announce a PC version like they've kind of teased/avoided the question of at interviews.

It's more possible than ever because they got bought by Sega, dammit :argh:

get a ps3

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Oh I'm buying it. I just have $20 on a eshop gift card and wanted to know if I needed to reload

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

nerdz posted:

get a ps3

That's still buying a console, friend. Anyway, I also want to play HZD, and potentially Monster Hunter World, depending on which platform most goons end up going with for that.

But the actual console seller for me is P5 :negative:

Anyway, Switch is about to keep my busy for like the rest of the foreseeable year, between Stardew, Mario Odyssey in like 3 weeks, and Xenoblade 2 in like December.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

DLC Inc posted:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/reviews/battle-chasers-nightwar-review-1757550

https://www.dualshockers.com/battle-chasers-nightwar-review-ps4-pc-switch-xbox-one/

Generally both sites like it even if it's a product of a lovely Unity engine. 20 to 25 hours sounds good for a nice classic turnbased RPG. I think the Switch version comes out later this year due to loving Unity needing updates.

Oh. Dang. Didn't realize it was further off for Switch. Looks like a great portable game, but my impatience may get the best of me...

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
October 5 is this year's Harvest Moon rising :)

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

deadly_pudding posted:

That's still buying a console, friend. Anyway, I also want to play HZD, and potentially Monster Hunter World, depending on which platform most goons end up going with for that.

But the actual console seller for me is P5 :negative:

Anyway, Switch is about to keep my busy for like the rest of the foreseeable year, between Stardew, Mario Odyssey in like 3 weeks, and Xenoblade 2 in like December.

These days you can get a ps3 for less than P5 itself, but yeah I'd say the PS4 is a more than justifiable purchase at this point. There's also yakuza if you're into that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's a shame so many games are stuck on PS3 because goddamn everything from the Store to the Menu to that lovely controller was a travesty

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Err what the PS3's menus and controller were fine?

What standard are you comparing it to??

Actually the store was pretty poor but Thats Just Sony, even on the ps4

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Wow, the Specter Knight campaign kind of sucks. The Plague Knight one was waaaay better.

Definitely the low point for Shovel Knight so far...outstanding game though.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Kirios posted:

Wow, the Specter Knight campaign kind of sucks. The Plague Knight one was waaaay better.

Definitely the low point for Shovel Knight so far...outstanding game though.

Please don't confuse your subjective experience with objective fact: Specter knight is the best campaign and plague knight is a **** to get used to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

KingSlime posted:

Err what the PS3's menus and controller were fine?

What standard are you comparing it to??

Actually the store was pretty poor but Thats Just Sony, even on the ps4

those PS3 shoulder buttons are an atrocity compared to the PS4. It was disgusting playing PS3 games with the default controllers, which were so low quality. Actually I think the PS4 controller has been the first Sony controller I actually like.

• Locked thread