Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

fishmech posted:

Cuphead owns first good exclusive on any console since 2011.

It's on PC as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cuphead? More like garbage dick

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Cuphead? More like horribly annoying music and sound effects

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm really disappointed that they named Cuphead's sidekick Mugman instead of Mugmug, it's so freakin obvious omg.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wait fish, what exclusive was 2011?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Cuphead look like the stuff all my childhood nightmares were made of.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Wait fish, what exclusive was 2011?

Uncharted 3, gears 3, or Forza 4

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RBX posted:

Uncharted 3, gears 3, or Forza 4

:thunk:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Exclusives are loving stupid, make games available on every platform. Full video game communism now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sorry you chumps will never be able to play the order 1886.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

And Knack, and Knack 2.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

veni veni veni posted:

I was wracking my brain for the scary games I own and I remembered that I bought this for $5 but never actually played this.

Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its not scary

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Fine, October themed games? Spirit of the season?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dunno, given tbe length of time before you can do things does build a certain sense of dread

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Imagine owning a console that doesn't have Driveclub on it.

A wasted purchase, if you ask me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Beastie posted:

I was wracking my brain for the scary games I own and I remembered that I bought this for $5 but never actually played this.

Maybe I'll give it a shot.

I wouldn't recommend even bothering, it's bad. Last of Us, Until Dawn and Bloodborne are much better PS exclusives that have spooky themes and are super cheap now.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

spudsbuckley posted:

It's on PC as well.

http://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/spend-80-snes-classic-can-install-emulators-raspberry-pi-never-shut-gently caress/

Was this you?

\/\/\/ Did you read it? Was it you?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Oct 3, 2017

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

You seem very invested in the Xbox brand.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Fame Douglas posted:

You seem very invested in the Xbox brand.

Actually that's me. I love my bone and I've loved Halo since CE.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
The only Xboxes I don't own is an original style 360, the e shell 360, and the one s. My one x will arrive at launch

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Agoat posted:

Actually that's me. I love my bone and I've loved Halo since CE.

Halo used to be good - unfortunately, Reach was the last great Halo title.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Fame Douglas posted:

It's no great surprise that a developer that Microsoft formed specifically to milk the franchise to death with cannot do as good a job as Bungie did.
I used to be the world's biggest Halo fanboy but I just cannot give a toss about 343's games. Their existence (along with The Coalition, another studio opened by Microsoft just to milk another popular franchise after the original developers abandoned it) is so cynical.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012

Beastie posted:

Fine, October themed games? Spirit of the season?

I'm playing Little Nightmares right now, thats good and creepy. I'll probably start Oxenfree after that for a Sci-fi ish "whats going on" type of game. I may pick up Night in the Woods on PSN or Steam if it gets a good sale. I don't think its supposed to be scary but it does have that spirit of the season feel.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Life is Strange takes place during a week in October and while it isn't particularly spooky, like NITW and Oxenfree it does feature supernatural happenings in a broken down town starring angsty teenagers of ambiguous sexual preference. Very painterly autumnal lighting and color scheme.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Fame Douglas posted:

I like 5 enough but I agree. If only MCC worked well.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Top PS4 exclusives:
The PT demo for a game that never existed
Bloodborne, if you thought Dark Souls was fun (it is) but felt it was not janky enough
Last of Us: You bought it on vinyl, cassette, CD, MP3, clearly you'll buy it on whatever format we upscale it 3% on next

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wow. Sounds like you know a lot about stuff!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Seems legit.

Anyway, Battle Chasers is pretty fun if you like oldschool jRPgs. Very pretty, I'm a big Joe Mad fan from back in the day. I Kickstarted it and haven't been disappointed so far.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

Top PS4 exclusives:
The PT demo for a game that never existed
Bloodborne, if you thought Dark Souls was fun (it is) but felt it was not janky enough
Last of Us: You bought it on vinyl, cassette, CD, MP3, clearly you'll buy it on whatever format we upscale it 3% on next

Agreed. It's a pretty short list compared to the xbone exclusive list:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Guillermus posted:

Agreed. It's a pretty short list compared to the xbone exclusive list:

Sunset Overdrive, the One True Exclusive

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
CUP HEAD, BITCH

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

Sunset Overdrive, the One True Exclusive

You forget Crimson Dragon, good sir.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Agoat posted:

CUP HEAD, BITCH

*adjusts nerd glasses* ACTUALLY, Cuphead is available on Windows computers, but for the purposes of this highly pedantic argument, we will ignore that the Xbox runs on a version of Windows (which makes the Play Anywhere initiative easy - and therefore profitable - to do) and that all Xboxes are technically Windows gaming PCs no matter how much it triggers optimacy OCD in some nerds.

It's not a TRUE exclusive, and therefore let me justify my existing opinions with that.

In closing, something about Bloodbourne or The Last Of Us or Uncharted or something who cares.

*furiously resumes watching Digital Foundry*

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Whether ye be a PS4 or a Xbox One owner, or among the rare 90% of Xbox owners who can afford both: I think we can all agree that the new CSS on this forum is terrible garbage poo poo

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I support Lowtax in his efforts to learn how to do HTML for this, his first website

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Enjoy Cuphead on your platform of choice, it's also available on Steam and even GOG! Looks like some of the other games which were W10 Store only are slowly making their way onto Steam at least, too, Killer Instinct is on Steam as of last week.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Microsoft just needs to give up on Windows gaming altogether, they make excellent consoles but their PC effort is so lackluster and somehow has gotten even worse since their GFWL days. I always get the impression that they feel intimidated and out of their depth going up against Steam and Origin, and it shows through their tame and submissive Windows gaming storefront.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Microsoft just needs to give up on Windows gaming altogether, they make excellent consoles but their PC effort is so lackluster and somehow has gotten even worse since their GFWL days. I always get the impression that they feel intimidated and out of their depth going up against Steam and Origin, and it shows through their tame and submissive Windows gaming storefront.

Uh, I bought Gears on PC and I have it on my Xbox. Actually it owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Yeah, Play Anywhere is the sole bright spot on an otherwise terrible service.