Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

oddium posted:

rest in peace tom petty, the "American Girl".......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXkblbJqwn0

:sbahj:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

To ask the thread a similar question: are there any pays of a game you love that other people seem to hate?

Like, for example, one of my favorite parts of Gunstar Heroes is the dice maze and I was really surprised to find out years later on the internet that people apparently hate that part and consider it a flaw in an otherwise perfect game.

I loved the Deep Roads in DAO

I like huge slogs like that in general makes me feel like im really venturing into some unknown place

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I run past enemies in every game that lets me because it feels like I'm breaking the law more than actually inflicting violence on them

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

oddium posted:

rest in peace tom petty, the "American Girl".......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXkblbJqwn0

He died of a heart attack

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

tap my mountain posted:

Top ten souls areas in no particular order
  • Duke's Archives
  • Blighttown
  • Forbidden Woods
  • Fishing Hamlet
  • Cainhurst Castle
  • Shrine of Storms
  • Unseen Village
  • Shrine of Amana (prenerf)
  • Tower of Latria
  • Hemwick Lane

This is pretty good as a 'top ten worst souls areas'

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

take back what you said about the forbidden woods

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
:shrug: I didn't say I agree with all of them

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Olive! posted:

what if I told you all of the incredibly bad areas are insanely good instead

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I would disagree with you and carry on with my day.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Olive! posted:

If you're saying bad things about Cainhurst we're going to have a problem

al-azad
May 28, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

He died of a heart attack

He died of a heart attack ack ack ack ack?

Wait which one was Tom Petty?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

tap my mountain posted:

what if I told you all of the incredibly bad areas are insanely good instead

Nobody can say that Lost Izalith is good, even ironically. Its just not possible.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Regarding the whole "list things you love that others hate!" thing, it's so much easier for me to think of things I don't like that other people do like. It's probably not a good thing so I'm going to think about that tonight as I lie in bed

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Regarding the whole "list things you love that others hate!" thing, it's so much easier for me to think of things I don't like that other people do like. It's probably not a good thing so I'm going to think about that tonight as I lie in bed

You should think instead about heat signature and how it's extremely good.

Like the other day, when the slipstream I used wore off and I wound up running full bore through a plate glass window into space.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

al-azad posted:

He was the "gettin born in the state of Mississippi, poppa was a coppa and momma was a hippy" singer

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Poops Mcgoots posted:

You should think instead about heat signature and how it's extremely good.

How much of a roguelike is Heat signature?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

al-azad posted:

Front man of the heartbreakers

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm going to play dynamite headdy today

also in training did you know the next season of osomatsu just started

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Internet Kraken posted:

Ships (the levels) seem procedurally generated, items in the shops are random, characters start with seemingly randomized gear and a randomized personal mission, if you die you just roll another while the galaxy progression continues.

So kind of?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

It's actually not much of one considering the difficulty can be forgiving and any death doesn't actually make you lose a whole lot. At the same time, it follows design queues from roguelikes with permadeath and a large part of the fun coming from figuring out clever uses of the items you've found to overcome more powerful and numerous enemies.

I guess that doesn't help much, so my best advice is to watch some gameplay.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

YES I've been waiting a long time but I won't be able to watch until approx 11PM EST so Please don't spoil anything. I will hope to get a new avatar soon to celebrate once there's a few episodes of material to pick from

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Between Osomatsu, Umaru, and Gintama this season is the platinum age of animes about lovable shits

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

also between umaru and gamers, its the year of gaming anime

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

also between umaru and gamers, its the year of gaming anime

you're not even listing new game, the anime about people making a video game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

homeless snail posted:

take back what you said about the forbidden woods

And Fishing Hamlet :wtc:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The reports of tom petty's death are greatly exaggerated.

Well not really, the man is on life support and barely clinging on.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

al-azad posted:

No, we're saving that pun for when Billy Joel dies.

al-azad posted:

The reports of tom petty's death are greatly exaggerated.

Well not really, the man is on life support and barely clinging on.

He was taken off life support hours ago, he dead

al-azad
May 28, 2009

raditts posted:

No, we're saving that pun for when Billy Joel dies.

He was taken off life support hours ago, he dead

The LAPD redacted their report about an hour ago. As far as anyone knows he's still alive.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

The Colonel posted:

Be sure to get those secret bonus points.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

It would be cool if the Japanese version of Headdy could get rolled into an English release. There are a bunch of cosmetic changes that look cooler, like the cat is smiling and creepy as his head flops around.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dynamite Headdy is such a unique, cool game. I hope they never ever remake it. *looks at the mediocre Rocket Knight remake wistfully*

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYUVRSbjehA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOUkbT64ESo&t=36s

Also the music loving owns

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I'm glad my friends Penelope and Anna can get married

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

al-azad posted:

It would be cool if the Japanese version of Headdy could get rolled into an English release. There are a bunch of cosmetic changes that look cooler, like the cat is smiling and creepy as his head flops around.

i'm glad someone did a full translation of the japanese version cause the dialog is really funny and all the difficulty changes sound kinda rear end. having a level called "toyz n the hood" is amazing though

also i'm glad headdy will never get a remake cause bangai-o hd sucked rear end and treasure is dead

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You'd better pray detective Mackenzie doesn't decide to investigate emulation crimes

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'm glad Touch Detective was survived by its penis mushroom mascot.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it sucks that sin & punishment 2 is like the last thing treasure released before basically dying, and even around then it's kind of surprising how good it was for how much they'd dried up since the early ps2 era. you've got like six years of gently caress-all after that and they haven't done anything since the pc port of ikaruga

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

heck yeah giant bomb raid stream part 3 is starting... they didn't gear up at all since last time lmao

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

it sucks that sin & punishment 2 is like the last thing treasure released before basically dying, and even around then it's kind of surprising how good it was for how much they'd dried up since the early ps2 era. you've got like six years of gently caress-all after that and they haven't done anything since the pc port of ikaruga
bangai-o hd came out since then, at least... one day they will return to make bangai-o 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
at this point i just want them to come back to rerelease guardian heroes and radiant silvergun on pc cause those games are hard as gently caress to emulate

i almost finished a route of guardian heroes on a saturn emulator once and then the game froze

• Locked thread