Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
1x11 = Alphinaud USB

That will go nicely with his BSB and SSB! But not sure if he will be worth using over my legend dived husbando Cid Raines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Dr Pepper posted:

Well this is a thing.

But hey, got another BSB Medica and got Lightning's USB, which is my first weapon for her and my main frontline FFXIII synergy weapon!

drat, can I buy one of those from you?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Let the good times roll

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

fridge corn has absconded with most of this thread's luck for the fest, it seems.

Also I'm still not sure whether I should pull on Phase 5 with 2 dupes (Alph BSB and Cid BSB) or hold off for the crystal tower draw. Anyone who went through this on JP have any advice?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I finally got a draw with more than than just G5, netting me Lightning USB, and Noctis USB and BSB. I think that almost makes up for my incredibly lovely earlier pulls.

Sir Bruce
Jul 8, 2004

Strong finish with

Noctis USB
Alphinaud BSB
2xYda BSB
Papalymo BSB
Gladiolus BSB

which brings my fest haul to something like 25 / 93 plus the selector to go (Raines BSB seems like the obvious best choice if you don't have it).

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Skipping this banner since it’s 50% poo poo I’d love/50% dupes, so I hope everyone gets some sweet pulls.

Speaking of the upcoming XV event, I assumed it was Prompto’s but that banner hasn’t been translated so maybe not? Any thoughts on what it’ll be?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I had 6 dupes on this banner. I wanted Noctis USB, and Alphinaud USB/BSB

I still want alphinaud bsb/usb (I have his ssb) but I'll take it.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
1/11, Dupe Papalymo BSB.

I guess I don't mind the slightly stronger fire+ rod, but that's a crappy way to end the fest pulls, excluding the Crystal Tower Draw. Nice to see everyone else getting some nice pulls though :toot:.

Sort of makes me wish I did another pull on Banner 4 instead, but I would take a dupe Papalymo BSB over a dupe Tiny Bee any day. I was hoping for something from XV though - as much as I like Prompto my Thunder team is pretty set.

Still mulling over the gem pull for Alphinaud BSB.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Wanted Papalymo or Yda BSBs.

2/11: Cid BSB, Nabaat BSB.

Well, now I have a full crazy good dark squad now in Cid, Nabaat(Gabranth), CoD, OK, and Rosa for the later magicites.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Noct/Alphinaud USBs and Minfilia/Iris BSBs in 100 Mythril. I'm pretty much set with that. I guess I'll see about the Crystal Tower whatevers.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
4/22, a dupe Kaiser Knuckles, a Folding Epee, and both of Noctis' items. Was it the BSB/USB combo that synergized well for him, or was it the OSB? He's level 1 so it'll be a couple days before I use him for anything but orbs anyway.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Raines BSB is a dupe, Gladio's isn't. Also, oops.

decided to go another round

both new. Happy with that; Iris' supposed to be particularly good

Griz
May 21, 2001

Alph BSB from the dollar pull, putting me at 3/5 on dollar pulls this fest

not pulling on the actual banner since I now have 6 dupes

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

:yeah:

Alphy's USB with Bartz's USB, Zack's Chain SB and Clouds OSSB should make for a decent Wind team.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Welp, guess I was saving the best for last. 4/11: Raines OSB, Nabat BSB, Papalymo BSB, Iris BSB

None of them are dupes, and I already have Raines BSB. Looks like I'm gonna sub-30 both Holy and Dark magicites for sure. I've been looking for an imperil dark too so Nabat will be a great addition to Cid and Golbez's heel-turn power hour. Probably gonna go sub-30 Sealion while I'm at it. Also this gives me a strong medica for every realm but I and XI.

The only downside, if you can call it that (you can't), is I was budgeting a couple pulls on this banner and now with one draw I've cut the expected value in half down to garbage tier. Guess I'll throw a pull at Shadow to try for a mega-dps USB. Somehow I don't think WoL USB is winning any awards in that category.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

First rikku usb with my last gasp pull, now lightning USB on the dollar pull?

Today is a good day.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Congrats to everyone on their rad pulls!

As for me, I'm kind of bummed. During this fest I've gotten so many top tier relics and yet I can't beat Omega Apex race or any of the other magicites. I realize that Cloud USB is not an instant win button but I have literally everything else I need to maximize it and I can't seem to put together the right team or order of operations to make it do what it's supposed to do. :(

I fully Legend Dived Cloud and hones Omega Drive to R3. I Rosetta stoned Cloud's USB sword to max ATK and I'm equipping the highest ATK things I can, even at the expense of DEF and RES. I have a fully dived Ramza too. Can someone please post, like, a step by step guide for what I need to do to start optimizing native Cloud USB teams/builds? I feel like I should be able to do all these but I'm just not good at building teams or executing gameplans.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What items are going to be on the CT banner?

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Pull 1: Noctis USB, Alphinaud USB!

Not a bad start, let's keep going~

Pull 2: Noctis USB, Papalymo BSB (dupe)

ehhhhhhhh

pull 3: Papalymo BSB, Alphinaud USB, Noctis USB

what the gently caress are the chances, why

Pull 4:

Gladio BSB x2, Lightning USB, Yda BSB

I'm actually really happy with this particular pull, but no Raines' BSB makes me really sad. How the gently caress did I get three different items all in a row?! UGH

I mean, on the plus side I have a 6++ sword I guess. A 5+++ +Fire Rod woill be cool too.

drat guys, I'm kind of bumed :(

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

GreenBuckanneer posted:

My understanding is it's the same pool as the gem banner, with a different set of bonus selections.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
so re: my lovely 3x Papalymo rod, should I combine it to an 8* or combine one and leave one so I have two? Not sure how to handle it.

I guess leave two? I have Ace and Papalymo for fire mages, and having both of them with a +Fire weapon would probably work well.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Nothing confirmed yet, but the banner itself should be all SSB+ relics released up to that point.

The selection can be guessed by examining the missing Bursts from the gem draw, excluding whatever the FFX and XI relics are. This is the best guess from an old post:

pichupal posted:

FFI: Sarah
FFII: Minwu
FFIII: CoD
FFIV: Kain
FFV: Krile
FFVI: Terra
FFVII: Aerith
FFVIII: Fujin
FFIX: Beatrix
FFX: Unknown; Possibly Braska
FFXI: Curilla and/or Prishe
FFXII: Larsa
FFXIII: Vanille
FFXIV: Y'shtola
FFT: Orlandeau

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Welp 11 mythril and 400 gem refreshes and I'm around 10000 chips from getting everything which I'll finish tomorrow.

Luneth started today lv 55, he is now 99 and I still don't have his RM2 so I can get his RM3. :argh:

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

No dupes.

Me yesterday on Discord: I want Raines, Alph and Papa and need to dodge the XV garbo I don't want or need.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

No dupes.

Me yesterday on Discord: I want Raines, Alph and Papa and need to dodge the XV garbo I don't want or need.

:catstare:

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

No dupes.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I've been rolling the Roulettes mostly for the MC3s and kept coming up empty. Now I just got 3 off of 13 rolls.

Thanks RNJesus!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

So this banner actually looks kinda skippable? I have Cid BSB which looks like the real prize here and I think banners are due for an upgrade soon aren't they

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
:negative: I took a roll because I'm an impulsive idiot and got Alpinaud's ultra. I can't escape that elf poo poo even in non-FFXIV games. I also got the Metamorphosis Claws, those any good?

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Nuebot posted:

I also got the Metamorphosis Claws, those any good?

Those are awful. Rosetta them immediately.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Got Lightning USB and Noctis USB in 2 pulls, along with some other stuff, so I Legend Dived Lightning and Noctis (already had his LMR).

Result

also 3 solo kills of the multiplayer Omega

Lightning: RW Cloud USB -> USB (Entrust) -> Thundering Twinstrike until dead
Noctis: RW Cloud USB -> Omega Drive until dead. Got one or two dualcasts
Zack: Wind Chain for +ATK and +crit damage, Armor Break
Setzer: Entrust, Full Break
Relm: Stop when Omega is vulnerable

Good times.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

So this banner actually looks kinda skippable? I have Cid BSB which looks like the real prize here and I think banners are due for an upgrade soon aren't they
If you have Noctis OSB then it's worth taking a shot at his USB as well. Lightning USB remains good *points up*. Alphinaud USB is good, though it wants Tiamat honed up. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/71wmd8/relic_discussion_seasonal_30a_p5_beginnings_of_a/ has talk about how the RES-ignoring exit attack works. Papa BSB is still high damage and Iris gets bubble+Astra on entry.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Nuebot posted:

:negative: I took a roll because I'm an impulsive idiot and got Alpinaud's ultra. I can't escape that elf poo poo even in non-FFXIV games. I also got the Metamorphosis Claws, those any good?

Raines used to be the best mage in the game, before the USB era. Now he remains merely as one of the best. His BSB is incredibly good.

paperwind posted:

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

paperwind posted:

I mean really, a mage fist? What is he, a magical boxer?

Put everything you have into the fisting Cid of your dreams and never look back.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

HPanda posted:

I mean really, a mage fist? What is he, a magical boxer?

Put everything you have into the fisting Cid of your dreams and never look back.

I do like FFXIII's Cid if nothing else. It's me, I'm the mutant who likes FFXIII.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Also this is what I pulled. Really wanted Alph stuff, followed by Raines. Oh well.

Hope's was a dupe.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Nuebot posted:

I do like FFXIII's Cid if nothing else. It's me, I'm the mutant who likes FFXIII.

It's cool. You're among friends here.

And really, those claws are really drat good. It's a +dark mage weapon with an SB that's a rare party-wide magic buff, plus one 2-hit aoe burst command that buffs his own magic damage and another burst command that does four hits and makes his next magic command, including the same command again, instant, for chaining fun. These are all dual element, and enemies rarely nullify both damage types. He can also be fully dived to double-cast all dark and holy commands, which include his Burst commands.

He was straight up brokenly good when he came out. He's still meta-defining good.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Ok, OK FINE, I GET IT, I'LL USE NOCT.

Jesus.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

HPanda posted:

It's cool. You're among friends here.

And really, those claws are really drat good. It's a +dark mage weapon with an SB that's a rare party-wide magic buff, plus one 2-hit aoe burst command that buffs his own magic damage and another burst command that does four hits and makes his next magic command, including the same command again, instant, for chaining fun. These are all dual element, and enemies rarely nullify both damage types. He can also be fully dived to double-cast all dark and holy commands, which include his Burst commands.

He was straight up brokenly good when he came out. He's still meta-defining good.

Cool, I guess I'll replace someone with him. Probably Squall because squall has poo poo for damage right now.

Also what's the likelihood of Exdeath's ultra getting on-banner any time soon? I want to have a good reason to use exdeath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

okay gang help me out, how did i do this time? https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/245704769199407104/364671399274741761/image.png

i have 61 mithril left

• Locked thread