Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Office Pig posted:

weapons, why are there so many weapons

well you see it was a VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT FALSE FLAG operation wherein you buy way more guns than you need to carry out the op and leave em at home because this helps cement the cover story

you also collect them over a series of years, just to really cement the look of the whole thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

night crew is a mess

:gb2nitecru:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gregday posted:

remember how last week roy Moore pulled out a gun at a campaign rally

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/913029378472325121

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

same difference, conservatism is cancer so is brain tumorism, he just got a double dose of what he happily consumed already

yeah, except he shot up a country music concert, which is why everyone's real loving confused instead of loading up for rahowa

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Schnorkles posted:

idk, if we're buyin into be loud and strident about being left, you own the whole "take away the guns things" unless yer in like Alaska where people need those things to keep the polar bears from eating the children :hai:

americans love a good comeback narrative, so what you have to do is anthropomorphize a gun who is an underdog and

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Lastgirl posted:

americans love a good comeback narrative, so what you have to do is anthropomorphize a gun who is an underdog and

what we need to do is make a movie like air bud except its a rifle

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWqNNB6xx10

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

if all the concert attendees were ankylosauruses the bullets would have bounced harmlessly off their armored hide

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Baller Ina posted:

wash your hands first tho

otherwise dats a spicy weiner

on the plus side, you'll only ever make this mistake once

trust me

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

TRUMP

i guess cow piss is a good stepping stone to hooker piss

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Al! posted:

no in fact i think its funny that a lot of people are either learning or relearning the fact that multiple automatic weapons and explosives are in fact perfectly legal 2 acquire and haul up to your hotel room to kill and maim hundreds of people in minutes just because he felt like it and had a ton of money to finance hunting working class ppl

one of the most disturbing aspects of the crime apart from it's utter callousness was the very simplicity of it all and how really anyone who can procure adequate firearms and if so inclined have a good chance at being able to pull off the same style of mass killing.

w/r/t the terrorism babble its rather true, the term 'terrorism' is almost entirely subjective and unfortunately in the USA it has become established that our self described war of terror has been vastly inflated both in it's actual threat to society as well as the scale and depth of it's organization itself. this alone raises the question of whether its simply a buzzword with a fluid definition is fluid according to the biases of those who would make use of the term. if considered in global sense especially u will begin to understand that it simply a word that is used as a tool rather than a objectively defined concept. i believe i said something 2 this effect earlier this morning.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Schnorkles posted:

what we need to do is make a movie like air bud except its a rifle

now we're cookin, greenlit :thumbsup:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
remember when nite crew posted music a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROpZSrq4Tf8

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

the bitcoin of weed posted:

i think As Has Been Established he would have just whipped screwdrivers like throwing knives from his 32nd floor window if he didn't have access to high-capacity firearms

this reminds me i bought assassins creed II the other day, i should get around to playing it

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
I'lll lmao regardless now that I think of it.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

white sauce posted:

this morning when I woke up and was watching video taken by the people there I could tell that didn't sound like normal automatic gunfire

I was about to post that but then I decided not to because I thought it'd made me seem like a conspiracy theorist

turns out the dude had a special buttstock that recoils and makes the trigger pull automatically

sound is crazy, i guess

oh it was definitely some aftermarket device to enable automatic fire that's legally available. whether or not this was actual automatic weapon fire doesn't really matter though, as the end result is the same

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
this wouldn't have happened if everybody in that crowd had a gun and opened fire on that building

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Schnorkles posted:

idk, if we're buyin into be loud and strident about being left, you own the whole "take away the guns things" unless yer in like Alaska where people need those things to keep the polar bears from eating the children :hai:

That's not leftist, that's centrist.

"The whole proletariat must be armed at once with muskets, rifles, cannon and ammunition, and the revival of the old-style citizens’ militia, directed against the workers, must be opposed."

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Schnorkles posted:

get used to poopin lava and get to it :hai:

yo one time a dude told me that he was doing just this, had wicked firehole after some meal and had the idea that if stomach acid is an ACID, he just needed a BASE to counteract it and neutralize it. So he got some baking soda from the kitchen to powder himself up down there, so to speak.

guess he never made a baking soda volcano in middle school..

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Mariana Horchata posted:

one of the most disturbing aspects of the crime apart from it's utter callousness was the very simplicity of it all and how really anyone who can procure adequate firearms and if so inclined have a good chance at being able to pull off the same style of mass killing.

w/r/t the terrorism babble its rather true, the term 'terrorism' is almost entirely subjective and unfortunately in the USA it has become that our self described war of terror has been vastly inflated both in it's actual threat to society as well as the scale and depth of it's organization itself. this alone raises the question of whether its simply a buzzword with a fluid definition is fluid according to the biases of those who would make use of the term. if considered in global sense especially u will begin to understand that it simply a word that is used as a tool rather than a objectively defined concept. i believe i said something 2 this effect earlier this morning.

terrorism has a fairly coherent definition in the whole international political sphere, esp. with regards to actors and war and w/e, but gently caress if that will ever show up on fox news

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

just dont jerk after making the jerk or yer gonads will think yer a jerk

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

anime was right posted:

remember when nite crew posted music a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROpZSrq4Tf8

im phone posting and that's hard werk under high gravity

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

this wouldn't have happened if everybody in that crowd had a gun and opened fire on that building

Only a building full of good guys with guns can stop a building full of bad guys with guns

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

senator mike teavee

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Homeless Friend posted:

yeah, something much worse and unfortunately spectacular would have happened

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

big black turnout posted:

That's not leftist, that's centrist.

"The whole proletariat must be armed at once with muskets, rifles, cannon and ammunition, and the revival of the old-style citizens’ militia, directed against the workers, must be opposed."

well, there's that too i guess

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I don't like any good music

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Calibanibal posted:

if all the concert attendees were ankylosauruses the bullets would have bounced harmlessly off their armored hide

this is probably the only real solution to the gun problem

just have ankylosauruses at concertrs

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

YOU A loving HAT posted:

yo one time a dude told me that he was doing just this, had wicked firehole after some meal and had the idea that if stomach acid is an ACID, he just needed a BASE to counteract it and neutralize it. So he got some baking soda from the kitchen to powder himself up down there, so to speak.

:stare:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Doomtalker posted:

no

It seems wrong to just forget this

it is a high score, after all.

what the eternal gently caress how did we get to the point where mass murder is just a goddamned leaderboard

the human mind is incapable of processing directly the raw chaos of the world

it needs totems and rituals to sustain it and to preprocess it, so the self only needs small alignment adjustments before achieving relative equilibrium. these used to be explicitly ceremonial, the sacrifice of animals to ensure rains, the self-flagellation when the sacrifice didn't work. the rituals and responses could survive in a vacuum of sorts - a self-cyclical causality. but over time bits of knowledge seeped through and humans rechristened their superstitions to be Quantifiable Assessments

when we frame things that way, our processing of the world is limited to those quantifiable differences. what's the difference between sandy hook and the las vegas shootings? abstract senses of horror, that play on different fears in layers, but those can't be simply put into a powerpoint slide. and you can't objectively share that void in the pit of your stomach, or how it's different than last time, or how it will be different than next time. body count, gun count, rounds fired, these are all things you can tally, these are all things you can bottle and proof

with these shootings there's always that sense of self-doubt, of feeling somehow responsible for the shooting, of looking at one's own life and tearing apart how you, too, could be driven to it or how you, too, could lose everything from someone else in such a petty space. of wondering what wasn't quantified that could be, that should be, to save a life. and it tears at us so because the quantification is unnatural, no matter how trained we are to express ourselves in it. feeling raw hurt and anger, sorrow and sympathy, misery and compassion are all pointless - you can't speak the depths of the emotions behind the simple words. so you try to ignore that primal call and move on to what you think you can objectively change, feeling hollower with every step

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

speng31b posted:

Only a building full of good guys with guns can stop a building full of bad guys with guns

solution: give buildings guns

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mariana Horchata posted:

w/r/t the terrorism babble its rather true, the term 'terrorism' is almost entirely subjective and unfortunately in the USA it has become that our self described war of terror has been vastly inflated both in it's actual threat to society as well as the scale and depth of it's organization itself. this alone raises the question of whether its simply a buzzword with a fluid definition is fluid according to the biases of those who would make use of the term. if considered in global sense especially u will begin to understand that it simply a word that is used as a tool rather than a objectively defined concept. i believe i said something 2 this effect earlier this morning.

:agreed:

the fact that its subjective is the problem, and its great for them to really muddle the lines and hem haw it because then you basically can conflate the word with specific checklists because of :goonsay: legality is the danger here, since it is actually being used as a tool, an arm to divide and corner threats you have a particular interest in while minimizing the other

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Lastgirl posted:

now we're cookin, greenlit :thumbsup:

the opening sad chorus can be when it accidently shoots a party guest because a four year old paws it out of the gun cabinet

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Make America Great Ankylosauruses

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

YOU A loving HAT posted:

Okay.

Don't ask me why. Dont judge me.

But I want to hear more of this story

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
bringing down a whole highrise with hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammo, now that would have truly been a sight to behold

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

YOU A loving HAT posted:

astonishing

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
asstonishing*

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

YOU A loving HAT posted:

no way it's actually acidic enough to react with baking soda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Thatim posted:

Okay.

Don't ask me why. Dont judge me.

But I want to hear more of this story

idk what hes smoking but if you dont have tums just drink some baking soda dissolved in water and you'll burp a lot and feel better

• Locked thread